HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers tattoo idea, input appreciated

Old
01-20-2011, 09:01 AM
flountown

vCash: 500
Just get the Flyers' guardian tattooed.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:38 AM
MCAKES

i think my first tat is going to be flyers related. that being said it wouldnt be the logo but "relentless" or something on my chest/shoulder. that way it doesnt look straight flyers but i know what it means

MCAKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAKES View Post
i think my first tat is going to be flyers related. that being said it wouldnt be the logo but "relentless" or something on my chest/shoulder. that way it doesnt look straight flyers but i know what it means
This.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:28 AM
MrHockey1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
This.

Hahahahha oh snap!!!

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 11:02 AM
hof2120

MrHockey I really like your tattoo, and I'm trying to think of something original like you did, I'm just having some trouble doing so.

hof2120 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 11:33 AM
ORYX

While I admire your attempt at being creative, I agree that you may regret getting something like your origional idea in years to come. You have to remember that it is very very expensive to remove a tattoo once its there, and very difficult for an artist to cover it up nicely.

If you like the nonchalant idea, and are proud of being from Philly then maybe something like the liberty bell with the flyers and phillies logos in a stamped metal look on the bell would be more your thing, or something along those lines.

That way it is there and has meaning, but it isnt in your face. It pays tribute to the city you call home and the teams you love.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:25 PM
MrHockey1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by hof2120 View Post
MrHockey I really like your tattoo, and I'm trying to think of something original like you did, I'm just having some trouble doing so.

Thank you. I spent several years thinking about both of my tattoos before I came up with something. Then I gave my ideas to the artist and he made them beautiful. For this one, I couldn't think of anything more bad-ass than Bernie's goalie mask so that's what I went with. Then a smaller Flyers logo to place on it. The artist come up with the smoke on the mask and put all three together in this way and it turned out great.

Oryx has a pretty good idea with the Bell and the two logos. That way it's a little more subtle and interesting for someone to see. The two logos doesn't really look that good IMO. Just thoroughly think about it and go with your heart!

Old
01-20-2011, 01:05 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
Thank you. I spent several years thinking about both of my tattoos before I came up with something. Then I gave my ideas to the artist and he made them beautiful. For this one, I couldn't think of anything more bad-ass than Bernie's goalie mask so that's what I went with. Then a smaller Flyers logo to place on it. The artist come up with the smoke on the mask and put all three together in this way and it turned out great.

Oryx has a pretty good idea with the Bell and the two logos. That way it's a little more subtle and interesting for someone to see. The two logos doesn't really look that good IMO. Just thoroughly think about it and go with your heart!
1st

I am interested in how this will develop!

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:20 PM
hof2120

I'm not going to rush anything or get anything I'll regret, which is why I came here. What better place to ask advice for something cool Flyers related than here?

I have a few more ideas, I'll have to sketch them up then I'll post them

Old
01-20-2011, 03:12 PM
hof2120

2 new ideas, PLEASE keep in mind these are rough sketches and are in no way what I'll show the artist to show what I want, these are just sketches I did in like 10 mins just to give ideas.

Don't mind the bottom left of the bell picture, it's just a mess up from a different sketch

Old
01-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I must say, turning to the internet for tattoo input is a risky move, haha.

Just throwing that out there.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:35 PM
hof2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I must say, turning to the internet for tattoo input is a risky move, haha.

Just throwing that out there.
Well I mean, no offense to anybody, but you guys won't be the deciding factor in what I get. I'm just throwing them out there for input. If it's something I like (I'm really liking the liberty bell one right now), then I'll get it regardless of what people say.

Old
01-20-2011, 05:07 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Well I mean, no offense to anybody, but you guys won't be the deciding factor in what I get. I'm just throwing them out there for input. If it's something I like (I'm really liking the liberty bell one right now), then I'll get it regardless of what people say.
My advice, find an artist you like and say hey, I want to get a Phillies/Flyers/Philadelphia tattoo. Tell him the general type of tattoo you want (dark, bright, bold, etc) and let him go with it. I told my tattoo guy a very basic idea for my sleeve and let him run with it. Couldn't be happier.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 05:23 PM
hof2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
My advice, find an artist you like and say hey, I want to get a Phillies/Flyers/Philadelphia tattoo. Tell him the general type of tattoo you want (dark, bright, bold, etc) and let him go with it. I told my tattoo guy a very basic idea for my sleeve and let him run with it. Couldn't be happier.
Yeah, that's a great idea, I mean they're much more artistic than I am, as you can tell lol. But there's one problem...the tattoo artist I've gone to and want to go to again is in the Pittsburgh area. I'm heading back out there with some friends February 14th weekend so I'm sure I could probably email him ahead of time.

Old
01-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Just throwing this in here since it was similar.... I had done these earlier...

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 06:41 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Yeah, that's a great idea, I mean they're much more artistic than I am, as you can tell lol. But there's one problem...the tattoo artist I've gone to and want to go to again is in the Pittsburgh area. I'm heading back out there with some friends February 14th weekend so I'm sure I could probably email him ahead of time.
Yeah I'd email or call him and tell him what you want. Maybe send a couple pics so he gets an idea and just say do your magic. Worst case scenario, he draws it up, you don't like, and he tweaks it afterwards.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Subject Orange

Have to get Bobvrovsky's helmet exploding through your chest. Now there's a tattoo...

Subject Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject Orange View Post
Have to get Bobvrovsky's helmet exploding through your chest. Now there's a tattoo...
How about having every inch of your body covered in small tattoo's of Shelley's face, with a life-size version on your chest?

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:23 PM
flountown

Quote:
Pittsburgh, if he's a Penguins fan, I'd double check the artwork and make sure you don't end up with some hidden phallic objects in your tattoo.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:37 PM
hof2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Pittsburgh, if he's a Penguins fan, I'd double check the artwork and make sure you don't end up with some hidden phallic objects in your tattoo.
He's a die hard Pens fan so I'm anxious to see what he comes up with lol

Old
01-21-2011, 04:47 PM
healthyscratch

Whatever you do, please don't combine the Phils logo and the Flyers logo. That is all.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:54 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
That's real sharp. Nice work. Did you know your tat comes up with a "Flyers tatoo" google search?!

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

I would say if you have the money for it and are willing, I would get a half sleeve incorporating all of your ideas rather than trying to push them together and combine things. It might work better like that.

Find an artist and tell him what you want in it and let him figure out how to put it all together and make it look right.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 08:39 AM
MrHockey1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
That's real sharp. Nice work. Did you know your tat comes up with a "Flyers tatoo" google search?!

Thanks. Yes I did. I actually sent it into The Hockey News and they put it up on their website:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...s-Tattoos.html