HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Simmonds practices, Smthy maybe hurt and Loktionov recalled(Sturm on IR)

Old
01-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I really like that third line

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:35 PM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

hauspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Finally... Line combinations I actually like.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:03 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Literally ecstatic about Loktionov back in the line up. The only thing I DON'T like it is one of Sturm/Poni (despite their sort of poor play) being healthied instead of Westgarth.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:10 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

****ing Westgarth pisses me off, he shouldn't be in the lineup man

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Jetteroheller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
+1

He really never should be in the line up, put him on Waivers and send him away.....

Jetteroheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
Literally ecstatic about Loktionov back in the line up. The only thing I DON'T like it is one of Sturm/Poni (despite their sort of poor play) being healthied instead of Westgarth.
Sturm is on injured reserve.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Oh shut up, he was the best forward last game. Bissonette and Pyatt will be dressed for the Coyotes...same with Morris and Jovo....

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 05:31 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Oh shut up, he was the best forward last game. Bissonette and Pyatt will be dressed for the Coyotes...same with Morris and Jovo....
While I am not by any stretch Westgarth's biggest fan, and although I do think his spot in the lineup is the least of our concerns, AND even though I missed the last game, my brain just can not comprehend that statement "he was the best forward". You say that and I imagine everyone else must have been wearing blindfolds and straight jackets, gripping their sticks between their teeth. If those two things did happen, then I can start to chew that statement around my pretty little head.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 05:32 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Oh noes! Bissonette and Pyatt.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
While I am not by any stretch Westgarth's biggest fan, and although I do think his spot in the lineup is the least of our concerns, AND even though I missed the last game, my brain just can not comprehend that statement "he was the best forward". You say that and I imagine everyone else must have been wearing blindfolds and straight jackets, gripping their sticks between their teeth. If those two things did happen, then I can start to chew that statement around my pretty little head.
If Westgarth is our best forward in any game, then it's time to bench a few players and it's time for a visit from Coach Jules Winfield

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 05:56 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

My problem with all the Westgarth bashing is this, the kid can actually play the game. He has shown, though very limited but still he has shown a few moments where he can play the game. He is a defencive forward who is more than a fighter and well better than the player he replaced.

He is a rookie in the NHL and being coached by someone who is trying to make his style be that of a throw back goon when his entire time playing the game has been spent teaching him to fight when called upon to do so only and the rest of the time to actually play.

In fact, I would say that watching Westgarth struggle is another way of seeing where TM is out of step with all of the intricacies of todays game. He is behind a step in many areas and if Westgarth is sent down in favor of another player than what well see is again another player who is NHL ready playing on the Monarchs.

He needs to be coached and used sparingly as he develops an NHL caliber game, until then he is going to struggle and be confused as has other players that have gone through our system and received little if any actual coaching.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 06:00 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Im liking the lines!

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 06:02 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
My problem with all the Westgarth bashing is this, the kid can actually play the game. He has shown, though very limited but still he has shown a few moments where he can play the game. He is a defencive forward who is more than a fighter and well better than the player he replaced.

He is a rookie in the NHL and being coached by someone who is trying to make his style be that of a throw back goon when his entire time playing the game has been spent teaching him to fight when called upon to do so only and the rest of the time to actually play.

In fact, I would say that watching Westgarth struggle is another way of seeing where TM is out of step with all of the intricacies of todays game. He is behind a step in many areas and if Westgarth is sent down in favor of another player than what well see is again another player who is NHL ready playing on the Monarchs.

He needs to be coached and used sparingly as he develops an NHL caliber game, until then he is going to struggle and be confused as has other players that have gone through our system and received little if any actual coaching.
I don't mind Westgarth's hockey sense, I mind his lack of foot speed and agility.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

I think it was a typo ... Westgarth was the best "Four-letter-word" ... honest mistake though

Still on the Westgarth will get 40 points bandwagon eh Tonellisghost ? or whatever number that was a few months back ... I agree he's an upgrade over Ivannis but I think tempered expectations are needed and not the fault of Murray in Westgarths case, sorry , because Murray gives Westgarth more ice time than your conventional goon IMO.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 06:13 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

But does he give him direction? Does Westgarth get more than just thrown into situations and told "make something happen"? If you think that he does then you are hearing things differently then I am. Does Westgarth have some skill and sense? Yes he does. Is he going to get a chance to develop them to an NHL level under the current circumstances? I can't see how.

We have had other players leave our current system saying the same things that have gone on to find their games elsewhere. Westgarth has the potential to develop into a solid 3rd/4rth liner, that is what I will stick with though I can't see it happening with us.

Its really easy to point at a player and comment on how bad they suck etc but if you spend the time watching them develop from stage to stage of their careers (which I know you do to some extent) then you can see where they either reach their ceiling or move further ahead but without a doubt you can see the impact that instruction has on them throughout their careers.

Westgarth has the skill to be a much better rookie than he has been so far and he shows rare glimpses of it, I think we would see more of them if he was brought along differently but who knows?

I never said he would be more than a 3rd/4rth line player who has the skills to put up offence. I also had a modicum of faith in TM after last season too but like everyone else I am seeing that I was wrong.

Old
01-20-2011, 06:17 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
So can we officially change it from opinion to fact that acquiring players coming off major surgeries is a bad idea? How many times does Deano need to be shocked before he gets conditioned?

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 06:18 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Huh?

Who?

What?

KK, realistically, Bissonette is a tough guy but Taylor Pyatt? A fighter? Clifford can handle both of them lol.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 06:18 PM
redcard

Westgarth>Ivanans

Right? We can at least agree on that?

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
I wouldnt go as far as to say he was our best, but he was far from being the worst.

Still didnt actually 'enforce' anything though

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 06:20 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Westgarth>Ivanans

Like JJ and other before him not until we are finished with him as our whipping boy.

Old
01-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Johnny Utah

Ponikarovsky has been awful, he has as many goals as Clifford...maybe 1 less...I would rather see a guy who is willing to fight and stand up for his teammates, throw the body and at least look like he is trying rather than a 3.5 million dud who can't even get a shot off.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 06:33 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Ponikarovsky has been awful, he has as many goals as Clifford...maybe 1 less...I would rather see a guy who is willing to fight and stand up for his teammates, throw the body and at least look like he is trying rather than a 3.5 million dud who can't even get a shot off.
But most guys like that suck JU, didn't you know that? They can't play so they fight no matter what their team mates think of feel about how important those players are it doesn't matter, those guys just suck.

At least Ponikarovsky is tall and used to be able to score goals, give him credit for that at least.

Old
01-20-2011, 06:34 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
I don't mind Westgarth's hockey sense, I mind his lack of foot speed and agility.
I agree with you there. He has taken a step backwards in his skating and isn't playing with any injuries that would cause him to do so. I am baffled by it.

Old
01-20-2011, 06:35 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Westgarth>Ivanans

You definetely can't argue who has the better stats. Ratis:1 game played, minus 1, 1 hit, got knocked the F out. I'd guess the career is probably over, time to jump to WWE.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote