HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#47: Senators @ Flyers - Thursday, Jan. 20, 2011 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
01-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Flyers93

vCash: 500
Everyone remember this is a Lavy coached team, not Stevens the Cake Baker's team. He won't let the team play down to these guys, and if they do he'll use his timeout to talk some sense into them or beat the **** out of a Coke machine. I've never, ever loved a coach or manager so much for any team I like as much as I love Lavy, no homo.

Tomorrow, I wanna watch TSN and hear something along the lines of "Flyers dominate Sens, last straw for Clouston." Let's Go Flyers!!

Flyers93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:19 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:32 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

Come on Jeff, she's not even that good looking -_-

I'm going to miss the game tonight Going to see Trailer Park Boys LIVE wooohoo.

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:32 PM
medicman

never assume, kick ass and win! Glad to see Loki of hockey, Pronger back on the ice!

Faboo...as always!

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:44 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Ill be going to this game to watch my Sens get their ***** kicked up close and personal, should be a blast, Im going to need a ton of beer.

Anyway, one of the reasons Im posting here is because the more I sit back and look at our coach, Clouston, the more and more I draw parallels between him and John Stevens. I dont know how much you know about Clouston, but I wanted to see if you think my opinion is fairly accurate.

Clouston
-Devoid of any personality whatsoever, never does anything on the bench but stare, doesn't talk anyone up, etc.
-Use of timeouts, or lackthereof, ever. (Although 45 games in he started to finally realize he can use a TO thats not in the final minute of the game
-AHL callup players who are supposed to be scorers- usually get 3 shifts on the top line to start game, doesnt score, gets demoted to 4th line and minutes cut back severely
-Lines- constantly changes throughout the game, no players really play together that long on the same line besides maybe one of the bottom lines

Most of all to me its the personality behind the bench. Wasn't that how Stevens was, or am I off base here?

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:54 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Let's go Flyers! Also HFBoards has a mobile site now so it isn't as annoying on my Blackberry!!! Great day thus far!

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:58 PM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Ill be going to this game to watch my Sens get their ***** kicked up close and personal, should be a blast, Im going to need a ton of beer.

Anyway, one of the reasons Im posting here is because the more I sit back and look at our coach, Clouston, the more and more I draw parallels between him and John Stevens. I dont know how much you know about Clouston, but I wanted to see if you think my opinion is fairly accurate.

Clouston
-Devoid of any personality whatsoever, never does anything on the bench but stare, doesn't talk anyone up, etc.
-Use of timeouts, or lackthereof, ever. (Although 45 games in he started to finally realize he can use a TO thats not in the final minute of the game
-AHL callup players who are supposed to be scorers- usually get 3 shifts on the top line to start game, doesnt score, gets demoted to 4th line and minutes cut back severely
-Lines- constantly changes throughout the game, no players really play together that long on the same line besides maybe one of the bottom lines

Most of all to me its the personality behind the bench. Wasn't that how Stevens was, or am I off base here?
Sounds like Stevens, all right. But can Clouston bake?

six sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:04 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1431
Quote:

Clouston

Stevens did lack a fiery disposition and certainly in contrast to Laviolette, the difference was considerable. The lines were in flux but the addition of Ville Leino (a move after Stevens' departure) helped stabilize the lines and (with Briere and Hartnell) has been the most productive unit under Laviolette. Stevens lost a valuable resource when Terry Murray departed for Los Angeles, something that is often overlooked. Stevens was also a players' coach, to a fault, when there were times a disciplinarian was needed and that is where Paul Holmgren demanded accountability. In strategy: the method of offensive pressure, an up-tempo system, also changed and that is where the push under Laviolette has been visible.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers93 View Post
Everyone remember this is a Lavy coached team, not Stevens the Cake Baker's team. He won't let the team play down to these guys, and if they do he'll use his timeout to talk some sense into them or beat the **** out of a Coke machine. I've never, ever loved a coach or manager so much for any team I like as much as I love Lavy, no homo.

Tomorrow, I wanna watch TSN and hear something along the lines of "Flyers dominate Sens, last straw for Clouston." Let's Go Flyers!!

VS.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Philadelphia Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post

Let's keep that goal scoring streak alive Carter!!!

Philadelphia Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:37 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:

Clouston

Timeouts and emotions sound the same as stevens. Stevens was alright with line juggling though, and dont remember much issue with call ups.

Stevens was too much of a nice guy, players were too relaxed leading to flat play. His offensive strategy was usually stretch passes. We were almost always outshot, even when we won as we never had much sustained pressure at even strength(lived by our good powerplay mostly)

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Black Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
Carter's dick must look like a cheese pizza with everything on it...
Well, I don't have to worry about craving pizza after this.

Let's win this Flyers.

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:18 PM
slovakfan*

Meszy on 3rd pairing.. ok...

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
Well, yeah. Pronger is back, so they are going back to the pairings that were working when he was around. I love that 3rd.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:01 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
Meszaros often gets 20+ minutes even on the "3rd pairing" He still gets PK time, and 2nd unit PP time as well as decent even strength time. Him and O'Donnell have good chemistry

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Wonder what Richards is saying.

Cinerary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Hollywood Couturier

I posted this in the Photoshop thread last night.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Flyers93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post

Golden.

I wonder if he tried to track her down after the game.

Flyers93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerary View Post
Wonder what Richards is saying.
"Carts, 8 o'clock."

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:32 PM
DenverBoone

"Carts, I hit that. She's a sprayer."

DenverBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:55 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post

OMG they shouldn't be looking at girls and thinking about partying!

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 05:03 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:

Clouston

Does Clouston discourage lateness and contuiously trot out one of his AHL boys and pretend he's better than everyone else on the team?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 05:16 PM
SolidSnakeUS

So any confirmed goalie in net?

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 05:20 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...