HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#47: Senators @ Flyers - Thursday, Jan. 20, 2011 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
01-20-2011, 09:36 PM
TheLegendkiller

vCash: 500
Some Sens fans still *****ing about the huge pile of fail their team looked like tonight.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:38 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
I come in peace, let's talk hockey.

When you are up 5-2 you shouldn't charge and leave your feet. I think that is why Potvin said it was unnecessary. Hit him? Fine. Don't leave your feet when the game is out of hand.

Potvin is one of the greatest D to play the game and knew how to answer the bell. He did give props for Giroux. He is old school, guys. But I admire Giroux for answering the bell and both guys were stupid to take their helmets off, winced when Foligno hit the ice.

So Neil went after Giroux which is what you would expect. Shelley, for you to rationalize it that way is your opinion, but he should have went with Carks. Fighting a smaller guy and beating him, barely, more like a draw does not deserve a pat on the back...he wussed out. Same with Briere. Have to say that looked pretty embarrassing for Flyers to walk away from fighting. The guys holding the "Old School Hockey" sign should have put it down. Holmgren went to grab a coffee I'm sure!

But it was fun to watch. We suck, you guys have a strong, deep team. Like your team a lot, actually. Will have to see if Bobrovsky can carry the load or not. Coming out of the East I don't thing you guys have much to worry about, except injuries. Seriously, nice for team building but wouldn't want to lose Giroux or Carter to wrist injuries!

Although would have been nice to see Fisher - Rochards tangle.
Why the hell should Briere fight? He has been leading our team, no need to risk getting injured. There were 4 ****ing fights in the game (+ failed OD fight) and yet you complain that there werent 6? saying it's embarrassing that we won 6-2 and only fought 4 times? What's really embarrassing is how bad the sens team is.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:39 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1337
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Sick win!!

Thanks, MSE for the GDT.
Can I have your vCash?

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Flyers93

In a perfect word Shelley would've fought both Carkner and Neil. But he did the right thing in refusing Carkner earlier. Neil attacked Giroux after he laid a clean hit, so it's Shelley's job to take care of him and he waited on him and did it and whooped his ass. Damn, you can't even lay a solid hit anymore without the other team getting all pissy and mobbing the hitter.

Flyers93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
I come in peace, let's talk hockey.

When you are up 5-2 you shouldn't charge and leave your feet. I think that is why Potvin said it was unnecessary. Hit him? Fine. Don't leave your feet when the game is out of hand.

Potvin is one of the greatest D to play the game and knew how to answer the bell. He did give props for Giroux. He is old school, guys. But I admire Giroux for answering the bell and both guys were stupid to take their helmets off, winced when Foligno hit the ice.

So Neil went after Giroux which is what you would expect. Shelley, for you to rationalize it that way is your opinion, but he should have went with Carks. Fighting a smaller guy and beating him, barely, more like a draw does not deserve a pat on the back...he wussed out. Same with Briere. Have to say that looked pretty embarrassing for Flyers to walk away from fighting. The guys holding the "Old School Hockey" sign should have put it down. Holmgren went to grab a coffee I'm sure!

But it was fun to watch. We suck, you guys have a strong, deep team. Like your team a lot, actually. Will have to see if Bobrovsky can carry the load or not. Coming out of the East I don't thing you guys have much to worry about, except injuries. Seriously, nice for team building but wouldn't want to lose Giroux or Carter to wrist injuries!

Although would have been nice to see Fisher - Rochards tangle.

Hit was clean. Neil doesn't have instant replay, so whatever, he did what he thought he had to do.

I completely understand declining Carkner, provided Shelley fought Neil, who is competent, not exactly a light weight, and I'm sure in Shelley's opinion had something to answer for. And if you think the fight with Neil was a draw you're nuts.

Odie kept his face in once piece. I'm not mad at him for turtling once he couldn't get his left glove off. Staying up was only gonna cost him a few teeth.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:43 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
I had made this a while ago, but internet issues plagued me. We'll have it ready for next time.

Jules, that is awesome!!

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:43 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Can I have your vCash?
How much would you like sir?

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Garbage Goal

I loved Shelley this game for drawing penalties. I'd much rather see a player playing smart by doing that then wasting his time fighting another meat-head.

lol at the Con Air photoshop Jules.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
Saw highlights. I hate both Sens goals, but I like Richie's points. How did Pronger look?
Tall. Not much other than that, really.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:46 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Saw highlights. I hate both Sens goals, but I like Richie's points. How did Pronger look?
He had two assists and all things considered, his play was fine.

Here is Pronger's post-game response:

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/video...xoxdOmikyciulk

He said he felt OK.

Old
01-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Laviolette post-game on what he said in between periods:

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/video...vIvVYxLxqQDXtn

"Not much, just some honest opinions on the game."
Pronger's clip comes up first now, and it's pretty awesome.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American

Quote:
neil went after a guy who is not a fighter, so in that respect i completely agree - this is what i would expect. why should shelley fight carkner? neil started the whole thing by going after one of our better players after a clean hit. and briere is like 3 feet tall and going to the all star game, why is he going to drop the gloves with anybody?

the senators are a bad hockey team and were getting crushed, so of course they try to start a bunch of fights with flyer players who mostly were not fighters. the flyers have a good chance to go far in the playoffs and shouldn't waste their time with a bottom-feeer that's gooning it up.

Ilkka Sinisalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:49 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
In the first he looked really slow and off, second he looked better and well 3rd period was chaos, so...

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:50 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
How much would you like sir?
All, otherwise Dave Brown will come rapping at your chamber door.

Old
Jtown

vCash: 539
sounds like i missed the most epic game of the year. Glad we decided to blow a team out for once, and pittsburgh lost too. Pretty much a great day.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wahoowa
All in the Game

Quote:
Laviolette post-game on what he said in between periods:

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/video...vIvVYxLxqQDXtn

"Not much, just some honest opinions on the game."
HA! I wonder if those honest opinions had a few expletives in there

wahoowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Garbage Goal

Thank God Ottawa sucks this season. We had trouble against them last season. Blowing them out of the water this season though.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:52 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Why the hell should Briere fight? He has been leading our team, no need to risk getting injured. There were 4 ****ing fights in the game (+ failed OD fight) and yet you complain that there werent 6? saying it's embarrassing that we won 6-2 and only fought 4 times? What's really embarrassing is how bad the sens team is.
Because he was challenged by the smallest guy in hockey? How would he get hurt, from a gerbil bite?

Well, maybe I remember Philly being tougher than guys turtling, tough guys walking away and Briere, a guy who has thrown not even entertaining the fans with a good 'ol wrestling match.

Hey, we suck, already said that. Just saying that you guys seem to be awfully wacked to try and make Shelley look like a professor by not fighting Carkner 'cause he wanted Neil who he could barely handle.

By the way, how do we compare to the year you guys tanked? We need some pointers on next year. You guys re-tooled thanks to Nashville, here's hoping we can do the same .

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:54 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
All, otherwise Dave Brown will come rapping at your chamber door.

Can I really send you Vcash?

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Because he was challenged by the smallest guy in hockey? How would he get hurt, from a gerbil bite?

Well, maybe I remember Philly being tougher than guys turtling, tough guys walking away and Briere, a guy who has thrown not even entertaining the fans with a good 'ol wrestling match.

Hey, we suck, already said that. Just saying that you guys seem to be awfully wacked to try and make Shelley look like a professor by not fighting Carkner 'cause he wanted Neil who he could barely handle.

By the way, how do we compare to the year you guys tanked? We need some pointers on next year. You guys re-tooled thanks to Nashville, here's hoping we can do the same .
I was gonna say go to Nashville, but it appears you have the right idea. Acquire Weber, go from there. We already exhausted their Timonen supply

Old
01-20-2011, 09:55 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:

Not as far as you know.

Old
01-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:

He can "acquire" it.

Old
01-20-2011, 09:57 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers93 View Post
In a perfect word Shelley would've fought both Carkner and Neil. But he did the right thing in refusing Carkner earlier. Neil attacked Giroux after he laid a clean hit, so it's Shelley's job to take care of him and he waited on him and did it and whooped his ass. Damn, you can't even lay a solid hit anymore without the other team getting all pissy and mobbing the hitter.
Why was the hit "clean"? Because the ref said so? I like Giroux, but he left his feet and if he connected with Winchester, if Winchester wasn't off balance because he did nothing to avoid it, he would be meeting Coly Campbell tomorrow.

I like hits, I like physical hockey, but to leave your feet when it's 5-2 and in control of the game is stupid. What if Carter break his hand in the fight with Winchester? All because Giroux was selfish.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-20-2011 at 10:08 PM.
coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:59 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:

OD couldn't get his glove off, then fell over, of course he would Turtle. Props to Carkner for not hitting him after he fell.

I hate Shelley, but I dont have any problem saving himself for Neil. Otherwise, a more useful, less of a fighter would have had to fight him. (Carcillo was scratched) I would have liked to see Shelley-Carkner but I would have hated to see Neil go after Richards, JVR, etc, plus we got a PP so I think it was good move. Neil is a dirty puke, and would easily Drury someone if Shelley had already been in the penalty box. Carkner on the other hand is a stand up guy and isnt dirty

Believe it or not, the sens are my 2nd favorite team. I really think Murray should have stayed as coach and not become GM. He was aa great coach. Cowen, Karlsson, Runblad are 3 great young D but you need forwards and a goalie (Lehner not ready yet). Best advice is to trade any non vital player for young players and let every good prospect or young gun play down the stretch. and fire clouston

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 01-20-2011 at 10:06 PM.
HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:00 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Why was the hit "clean"? Because the ref said so? I like Giroux, but he left his feet and if he connected with Winchester, if Winchester wasn't off balance because he did nothing to avoid it, he would be meeting Coly Campbell tomorrow.

I like hits, I like physical hockey, but to leave your feet when it's 5-2 and in control of the game is stupid. What if Carter break his hand in the fight with Winchester? All because Giroux was selfish.
You might wanna go troll your own forums...

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-20-2011 at 10:08 PM.
KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote