HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - SJ

Old
01-20-2011, 10:12 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksAddict View Post
How many TOR - SJ threads do we need before Leafs fan realize they have little to nothing that would interest the Sharks outside of Schenn?
Sharks fans are funny..... can't even come to a consensus about what they actually want, and seem to flip flop all over the place.

The need is obviously for a two-way defenceman that can log big mintues, when Beauchemin is suggested as a possibility, they want someone with more offence. Then you've got others who say the only guy they want is Schenn (significantly less of a puckmover than Beauchemin).

It's one thing to have an opinion, but make up your mind as to which one it is... puckmover? two-way guy? shutdown guy? If that happened, you wouldn't have the need for so many Toronto-SJ threads all over the place.

edit: You've also gotta consider, SJ passed on James Wisneiwski and tried to sign Niklas Hjalmarsson.... so that gives an indication of what Doug Wilson is looking for.

Last edited by seanlinden: 01-20-2011 at 10:25 PM.
seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post

The need is obviously for a two-way defenceman that can log big mintues, when Beauchemin is suggested as a possibility, they want someone with more offence.
No, we just want someone good. You can spin Beauchemin however you like but I've see plenty of him to know that what he brings to the table will not be the missing ingredient especially at the expense of a young, albeit extremely streaky scorer or a 1st round pick or a top power forward (according to your valuation of Beauchemin).

01-20-2011, 10:28 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Ice View Post
No, we just want someone good. You can spin Beauchemin however you like but I've see plenty of him to know that what he brings to the table will not be the missing ingredient especially at the expense of a young, albeit extremely streaky scorer or a 1st round pick or a top power forward (according to your valuation of Beauchemin).
Well, Beauchemin is good and a good fit for the Sharks... and once we can establish that then it's worthwhile to talk about valuation. What I take issue with the idiotic Sharks fans who wouldn't want him at any price.

Personally, I'd like to see at least one sharks fan come up with a definitive profile of the type of defenceman they are looking for, taking into account Doug Wilson's indications (like Hjalmarsson / Wisniewski) thus far.

Old
01-20-2011, 10:29 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Now THIS is a well thought out proposal. I think both teams decline, but it makes a lot of sense in my mind.
No it really doesn't make any sense at all.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:32 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticSharkie View Post
Would still be one of your leading scorers....
Seto and his 12 points are nowhere near our leading scorers.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Serpico4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
replace kadri with d'amigo and take out coyle
Yeah that'll make it all better. People are just lining up to get Beauch's contract and crappy play injected into their lineup. Why does SJ do this?

Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:34 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Sharks don't want Beauchemin. They've already met their overpaid, terrible veteran quote with Huskins and Wallin.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Yes, Setoguchi automatically sucks because he's having a down year. He's had a 30 goal season and he's barely 23. Some people don't have memories beyond the current year.
I guess you missed last season too?

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
It's apparent you did because Gooch was playing injured and still scored 20. I guess that scoring 20 is something to scoff at in HF when you carry a stigma like Gooch does. I don't even care for him as a player...he's too streaky but the boy can score when he is on.

Definitely would want more than Beauch for him.

Patty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:45 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
He scored 20 goals last year, while injured.

Old
01-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Quote:
Well, Beauchemin is good and a good fit for the Sharks...
Just no dude. How many times do we have to tell you this? He'd be just another body on the defence that we'd whine needs to be upgraded.

Old
01-20-2011, 10:46 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Beauchemin is not good jfried. Get over it.

Old
01-20-2011, 10:48 PM
duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoWarrior View Post
It's actually "reasonable" or maybe "arguable" rather than "laughable". No one can say "Player A will definitely be better than Player B", but most go with the consensus, which is that Kadri projects to be a higher end player compared to Coyle. Personally, I don't think that Kadri will be as good as some Leafs fans project him to be, but if most had to bet their life on who has the better nhl career, the majority of people would pick Kadri. Zach Trotman has a higher ceiling than Charlie Coyle because he's done just as much as Coyle at the NHL level. That is "laughable".

As for the trade, it's just horrendous. For the Leafs to acquire a good top six forward + other quality pieces, they have to move their untouchables.
For what it's worth, I think you're really overstating what level-headed Leafs fans think about Kadri. I'm pretty sure most of us are frustrated with him, but nevertheless, like you say, he has, as scouts say, an evidently higher ceiling.

duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:50 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Just no dude. How many times do we have to tell you this? He'd be just another body on the defence that we'd whine needs to be upgraded.
I'm still waiting to hear what you think would be the right profile of a defenceman the Sharks would be looking for.

Old
01-20-2011, 10:52 PM
AbsolonMoreau*

Quote:
I'm still waiting to hear what you think would be the right profile of a defenceman the Sharks would be looking for.
A PMD who doesn't suck on defense...

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:53 PM
duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
A PMD who doesn't suck on defense...
Only a handful of those nowadays...

duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:55 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
edit: You've also gotta consider, SJ passed on James Wisneiwski and tried to sign Niklas Hjalmarsson.... so that gives an indication of what Doug Wilson is looking for.
You have to give up on this. How do you even know Wisniewski was offered to San Jose? And I don't know how many times we have to tell you that what DW was looking for in the off-season is completely different from what he is looking for now.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:58 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
You have to give up on this. How do you even know Wizniewski was offered to San Jose? And I don't know how many times we have to tell you that what DW was looking for in the off-season is completely different from what he is looking for now.
Wisniewski would've been offered around the league if he was only to be trading for a pick, that's what any competent GM does.

SJ meanwihle hasn't had the kind of unexpected performances from their blueline (except for as a whole not being good enough) to warrant a significant change in needs.

Old
01-20-2011, 11:00 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
You have to give up on this. How do you even know Wisniewski was offered to San Jose? And I don't know how many times we have to tell you that what DW was looking for in the off-season is completely different from what he is looking for now.
But...but...speculation.

Old
01-20-2011, 11:01 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Quote:
One that is not available...the no. 1 variety. And no Beauch is not a decent consolation prize.

Sharks are just going to have to draft and/or develop one. Not trade valuable assets for the likes of Beauchemin.

Old
01-20-2011, 11:06 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
One that is not available...the no. 1 variety. And no Beauch is not a decent consolation prize.

Sharks are just going to have to draft and/or develop one. Not trade valuable assets for the likes of Beauchemin.
Then what do you think is the ideal consolation prize?

In case you aren't aware, drafting/developing one isn't an option. The Sharks window to win is right now with Thornton/Heatley/Marleau/Boyle all more than likely to be near the end of their prime and having big long term contracts .... so missing the playoffs really isn't a viable option.

Old
01-20-2011, 11:10 PM
AbsolonMoreau*

Quote:

In case you aren't aware, drafting/developing one isn't an option. The Sharks window to win is right now with Thornton/Heatley/Marleau/Boyle all more than likely to be near the end of their prime and having big long term contracts .... so missing the playoffs really isn't a viable option.
Schenn not Beauch

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 11:11 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
Schenn not Beauch
So you're saying you want a non-puckmover?

If you're the kind of team that would value a pure defensive guy like Schenn enough to part with the ridiculous package it would take to get him, you'd be the kind of team that would at least show interest in Komisarek. They are very similar defencemen at this point in their careers.

Last edited by seanlinden: 01-20-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old
01-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Quote:

There is no decent consolation prize available. He should wait until the deadline to see if one pops up or just play with the hand he has and hope those collective 4 decide to step up simultaneously. This team easily has the talent to make the playoffs but they are NOT a Beauchemin-away from being a Cup favorite. Their chances would remain the same with him, if not worse should they deal a roster player.

More than anything the team just needs their big players to bring their "A" game to the dance...at that point they are as dangerous as any other team in the league.

Old
01-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Quote:
So you're saying you want a non-puckmover?

If you're the kind of team that would value a pure defensive guy like Schenn enough to part with the ridiculous package it would take to get him, you'd be the kind of team that would at least show interest in Komisarek. They are very similar defencemen at this point in their careers.
Komi would be an option but not at the amount of years he has on his deal. I'd take him at his price for this year or next but not at 3 more years.