HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Armchair GMs: What to do with the season now?

Old
01-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabregoat View Post
I would love to get Zajak out of NJ. Would they be willing to do it for the right package? Maybe Ennis and a 1st. They have to sign Parise and I don't know if trading some of their veterans is doable unless they almost give them away.
As long as we can convince them that Ennis plays center, this trade might be possible.

Well, probably not.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Trade Connolly, Grier, Niedermayer, and Rivet for anything, might as well attempt to get some picks before these guys are all out of Buffalo. If Tim Connolly is still on this team after the deadline, I'll be pissed..he's gotta be worth a 2nd round pick.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:36 PM
drinking bleach irl
POST MORE RECKLESS

vCash: 300
I think getting a mid-to-low first round pick in addition to our own in the 10-15 range could be used as a nice package for something gamebreaking. If they're top 5 there's no point though.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 11:53 PM
fear the grier

I would obviously attempt to get rid of the UFAs, but the sad part is we have a lot of UFAs who no one would want.

Obviously Connolly is the one who would probably get the biggest return. He could go somewhere and slide in on the 3rd line for a contending team, but I honestly think he'd be nearly invisible in the western conference. Depending on the team, or injuries that could happen we could get at least a 3rd maybe a 2nd rounder.

Grier is probably moveable. maybe a return like Atlanta got for Ben Eager? Not to compare the two situations, but I'd take a 5th round pick for him.

I'd try and get rid of Jochen Hecht for whatever is offered. The poor guy couldn't hit a soccer net from the top of the crease. He's not a top 6 forward on any other team in the league, and he's making 3.5 mil. I'd do cartwheels if we could get rid of his bad contract.

Morrisson is interesting. He hasnt really made the type of impact he was brought in for, granted he missed a bunch of games right when he got here, but he's still been decidely average. Mike Weber has come in and pretty much done what Morrisson was expected to do and more. He's younger and cheaper, and assuming they bring back Montador, you'd still have Butler and Gragnani.

Unfortunately I dont see any team being remotely interested in Niedermayer or Rivet, even if they were on re-entry waivers. Christ, poor Niedermayer didn't even know his last name was spelled wrong on his jersey for 3 games. That being said I'd just release them or waive them outright. Let Butler or Gragnani get some playing time and see what Luke Adam or Mark Mancari can do playing in the NHL on a regular basis

fear the grier is offline   Reply With Quote