HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-NYI

Old
01-21-2011, 12:23 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Spoken like someone who has obviously never watched a Leaf game this year.
It doesn't matter how many Leafs games I watch. MacDonald is better, younger, and cheaper.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:24 AM
mcinnesja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
It's pretty obvious that you haven't seen MacDonald more than once. He is way better than Komisarek. And one of the posters who said he is better is Ranger fan, so there goes your overrating our own players argument.
Yes Komi gets burnt atleast once a game by a faster forward because he cant get postion on him do to the style of play the coach has him playing, but consdering that, hes doing pretty good.

Komi is playing a style that he is not suited for because our gm and coach are stuck on this idea that they need to play an uptempo offencive forecheck style that has the D pinching way to much.
You'd think they would pull their heads out of their @sses and notice the D was not built that way, but what do I know, Im just a fan,

MacDonald:
30 GP, 3G, 14A=14PTS
18 hits, 75 BKS, 15 GVA, 24 TKA
22:42 TOI/G, 2:30 SH TOI/G, 0:32 PP TOI/G

Komisarek:
42GP, 1G, 9A=10 PTS
86 hits, 70 BKS, 33 GVA, 10 TKA
15:07 TOI/G, 1:28 SH TOI/G, 0:02 PP TOI/G

Yup, I know ur going to say that McDonald has played 12 less games but Komi has still played less minutes
635:09 compared to 681:01

And please dont say the hes playing sheltered minutes cause hes not, opposing coaches are out coaching wilson almost on a nightly bases and getting there top line out against our 3rd pairing alot!!

Mcdonald is better at some aspects of the game, but not near enough to be classified as way better IMO.

Quote:
It doesn't matter how many Leafs games I watch. MacDonald is better, younger, and cheaper.
Younger and almost 4 mil cheaper
better that depends on what you're looking for from your D, IMO take Komi out of Wilsons system and put him into one he is suited to play his GVA will drop ALOT

Last edited by mcinnesja: 01-21-2011 at 12:31 AM.
mcinnesja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:28 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinnesja View Post
Mcdonald is better at some aspects of the game, but not near enough to be classified as way better IMO.
Well Komisarek also has 5 years on him. Maybe him being 'much' better is debatable, but I fell MacDonald is better, no doubt in my mind. The only thing Komi has on him is that he is more physical.

Old
01-21-2011, 12:35 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
It doesn't matter how many Leafs games I watch. MacDonald is younger, and cheaper.
Fixed.

MacDonald is more of a versatile player, but nowhere near the shutdown guy Komisarek is.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:45 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Fixed.

MacDonald is more of a versatile player, but nowhere near the shutdown guy Komisarek is.
I wouldn't be too sure about that.

MacDonald is a shutdown guy. That is his best asset. And he has been playing over 20minutes a night since he came up as a rookie last year. Going up against the other teams top lines. He has also been among the top in +/- the last two years on the Isles.

Old
01-21-2011, 12:57 AM
seanlinden

Quote:

MacDonald is a shutdown guy. That is his best asset. And he has been playing over 20minutes a night since he came up as a rookie last year. Going up against the other teams top lines. He has also been among the top in +/- the last two years on the Isles.

Komisarek is top a shutdown guy. That is his best asset. And he has been playing on a team horribly suited for his style of play the last 2 years.

Old
01-21-2011, 01:10 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:

Komisarek is top a shutdown guy. That is his best asset. And he has been playing on a team horribly suited for his style of play the last 2 years.
MacDonald has proven he can play in more of an aggressive system under Gordon, and can play well while playing the trap under Capuano. He does not need to playing in a system that caters to his abilities.

I'll take him.

Old
01-21-2011, 01:21 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
MacDonald has proven he can play in more of an aggressive system under Gordon, and can play well while playing the trap under Capuano. He does not need to playing in a system that caters to his abilities.

I'll take him.
All it takes is a non-suited system to expose a defender's flaws, much like a well-suited system exposes a player's assets.

Old
01-21-2011, 01:43 AM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
All it takes is a non-suited system to expose a defender's flaws, much like a well-suited system exposes a player's assets.
Ive yet to see a system that can make Komisarek look like a competent NHL PLAYER, Ive seen several however that make him look like a punch drunk boxer on ice

and considering that no GM in the League seems to be clamoring to do Burke a favor and take him off your hands, Id say they've seen the same Komisarek I have.

aconsidering the Toronto based leaf fans who commented here:

"Mike Komisarek is a prime example of what can happen when you pay too much for a player via free agency. At $4.5 million per season, Komisarek’s salary and indifferent play makes it all but impossible for Burke to trade him, while leaving him in the lineup often hurts his club."

or in another column:

"Mike Komisarek looks slow and is hardly worth the kind of money Burke is paying him. He is a shadow of the player he once was in Montreal and, while I can sympathize with the hulking defenseman for having a sore shoulder it’s time to put up or move on (not like anyone would take him)"

Those are leaf fans saying that, I have yet to see one credible source say that Komisarek is the victim of the system outside of you who claims he's actually playing well.

at his current level of play and salary The truth will manifest itself only by seeing if Burke can find a taker for him before the upcoming free agency period considering his oft stated desire to bring in a first line center. one would think that if Komisarek is so miscast in the leafs system, that he would be the first one to be converted into a more useful asset.

I have a funny feeling however that other GM's wont be so accomodating, because they see what the rest of us see.

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 01-21-2011 at 01:54 AM.
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:50 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
Ive yet to see a system that can make Komisarek look like a competent NHL PLAYER, Ive seen several however that make him look like a punch drunk boxer on ice

and considering that no GM in the League seems to be clamoring to do Burke a favor and take him off your hands, Id say they've seen the same Komisarek I have.

aconsidering the Toronto based leaf fans who commented here:

"Mike Komisarek is a prime example of what can happen when you pay too much for a player via free agency. At $4.5 million per season, Komisarek’s salary and indifferent play makes it all but impossible for Burke to trade him, while leaving him in the lineup often hurts his club."

or in another column:

"Mike Komisarek looks slow and is hardly worth the kind of money Burke is paying him. He is a shadow of the player he once was in Montreal and, while I can sympathize with the hulking defenseman for having a sore shoulder it’s time to put up or move on (not like anyone would take him)"

Those are leaf fans saying that, I have yet to see one credible source say that Komisarek is the victim of the system outside of you who claims he's actually playing well
He looked damn good in Montreal, and getting rid of Komisarek wouldn't be a favor, at least not in the dshort term.

You can also find Leafs fans who think Beauchemin is garbage, or that we should've traded Grabovski for a 2nd round pick. Of course a defenceman like Komisarek will look crappy with the way Toronto plays. It takes an intelligent hockey fan to factor out team considerations.

He is a major misfit, but with a partial NTC and him being overpaid on a long term deal, it's the kind of deal that has to wait until the offseason. There will be GMs who are more than happy to accomodate Komisarek -- because they know that taking him on for 3 years (at below cap hit) is a much better option than having to overpay even more in UFA. A team like the Isles for example, they wouldn't be able to sign a guy like Volchenkov for $4.25m or Michalek for $4m. Same reason why Komisarek turned down over $5m to come to Toronto.

Last edited by seanlinden: 01-21-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old
01-21-2011, 02:00 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Without reading this whole thread. AMac >> Komi.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:02 AM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
He looked damn good in Montreal, and getting rid of Komisarek wouldn't be a favor, at least not in the dshort term.
considering Burkes stated desire to bring in a first line talent, and with Richards and Parise, whom he loves, out there? and Komisarek so woefully miscast in toronto ? Surely if another GM feels as you do why would they not clamor to acquire Komisarek?

it would seem to be a perfect result, if your perception was anything other than one mans delusion

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:05 AM
RogerRoeper*

The Leafs will bury Komi in the minors and pay his salary. And the Islanders will still have Yashin and Dipietro against the cap.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:11 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
considering Burkes stated desire to bring in a first line talent, and with Richards and Parise, whom he loves, out there? and Komisarek so woefully miscast in toronto ? Surely if another GM feels as you do why would they not clamor to acquire Komisarek?

it would seem to be a perfect result, if your perception was anything other than one mans delusion
Unless Komisarek brings one of those players in return, then it's not a favor in the short term, and trading away a useful veteran defenceman for nothing doesn't show a lot of confidence in a team who's trying to make the playoffs.

Komisarek is overpaid and has a partial NTC, as a result, the only practical time for him to be dealt is in the offseason, when teams are looking to add long term dollar committments and make trades more substantial than rentals. GM's aren't going to "clamour" for him -- I don't know what I said to make you think that, but they'll most likely be able to find a deal. There's lots of teams who can use a guy like Komisarek.

Old
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
The Leafs will bury Komi in the minors and pay his salary. And the Islanders will still have Yashin and Dipietro against the cap.
I don't see what Yashin and DiPietro have to do with this thread.

Old
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
I'd rather have Yashin's buyout than Komisarek.

01-21-2011, 02:18 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I'd rather have Yashin's buyout than Komisarek.
So 2.4 million until 2015 is better than 4.5 for a player on your team until 2014? (and Komisarek can be sent to the Marlies for 0 against the cap).

Old
01-21-2011, 02:18 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
I don't see what Yashin and DiPietro have to do with this thread.
They're on the Isles cap. They have a lot to do with everything.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
They're on the Isles cap. They have a lot to do with everything.
They have nothing to do with Komisarek, or the trade proposal by the OP.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:19 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Yes, 2.4 million in dead cap space is better than having a constant liability on your blueline.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:21 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Yes, 2.4 million in dead cap space is better than having a constant liability on your blueline.
Again, the Leafs can send Komi across town and get hit with 0.

The funny thing about the hyperbole of Komisarek is he's better than majority of third-pairing defensemen.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:21 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Again, the Leafs can send Komi across town and get hit with 0.

The funny thing about the hyperbole of Komisarek is he's better than majority of third-pairing defensemen.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:23 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

I'd rather have Hillen. The only player on the Isles blueline who is currently worse than Komisarek is Gervais(who suuuuuuuuucks).

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Jester9881

In a consecutive series of posts, I'm seeing someone say...

1. Komisarek is a good defenseman
2. The Leafs defense is one of the most talented in the league
3. The Leafs are built like Vancouver

Consider my mind blown

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Jester9881

When everyone is healthy, I can't think of anyone that Komi would replace to make a noticiable improvement

Streit
Martinek
Andy Mac
Hamonic
Jurcina
Eaton

And he makes more money than everyone listed there..... more than a few of them combined actually.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote