HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs/Rangers

Old
01-21-2011, 02:28 AM
Leaf Predator

vCash: 500
Leafs/Rangers

Leafs:
Kadri
Gunnarsson

Rangers:
Anisimov
McDonagh

Not too sure how the Rangers value McDonagh or how well he's playing but I think I would take him over Gunnar. And hell yes I take Anisimov over Kadri, and I'm not saying I've given up on Kadri or anything.

Flame away, make adjustments, etc.

Leaf Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:29 AM
RogerRoeper*

Uh, no. We'll keep Kadri.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:32 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Anisimov is not being moved, nor is McDonagh. Both are more valuable than their counterparts in this deal.

Anisimov is going to be a force when he fills out. Dexterous hands, great vision, and veteran like defensive play guarantee he will not be moved. The kid has sky-high potential, and will be a better player than Kadri. He's much more polished. He also has a laser beam of a wrist shot.

And Mcdonagh will be, and currently is, better than Gunarsson. Fantastic skater, built like an ox, and has through the roof hockey IQ. He logged 21 minutes against the Leafs in only his 7th career game and is a +7 so far.

Definite, and resounding NO from the Rangers.

01-21-2011, 02:34 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Anisimov is not being moved, nor is McDonagh. Both are more valuable than their counterparts in this deal.

Anisimov is going to be a force when he fills out. Dexterous hands, great vision, and veteran like defensive play guarantee he will not be moved. The kid has sky-high potential, and will be a better player than Kadri. He's much more polished. He also has a laser beam of a wrist shot.

And Mcdonagh will be, and currently is, better than Gunarsson. Fantastic skater, built like an ox, and has through the roof hockey IQ. He logged 21 minutes against the Leafs in only his 7th career game and is a +7 so far.

Yeah ok... Kadri is a better prospect than anyone the Rangers have. Mcdonagh barely cracks the top 5 of Rangers prospects.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Leaf Predator

Quote:

I would do Kadri+ for Anisimov. Take out McDonagh and Gunnarsson.

Kadri + Aulie?

I really want Anisimov, what would it take.

EDIT: Other than Kessel, Schenn, Grabo.

Last edited by Leaf Predator: 01-21-2011 at 02:36 AM. Reason: EDIT: Other than Kessel, Schenn, Grabo.
Old
01-21-2011, 02:36 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Yeah ok...
Give me a reason why they are not? Anisimov is a proven NHL center. He is also naturally more talented than Kadri. It's just a question of whether he can put it all together, and I say he absolutely can.

And McDonagh/Gunarsson is debatable, but most would likely choose McDonagh.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:37 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiger8719 View Post
I would do Kadri+ for Anisimov. Take out McDonagh and Gunnarsson.

Kadri + Aulie?

I really want Anisimov, what would it take.
It would literally gut your team. I am biased, considering I am a huge Anisimov fan, but the Rangers organization values their core above all else, and Tortorella does not want any younger players moved.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:39 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Give me a reason why they are not? Anisimov is a proven NHL center. He is also naturally more talented than Kadri. It's just a question of whether he can put it all together, and I say he absolutely can.

Anisimov is past the prospect stage but he's also 2 years older than Kadri.

Mcdonaugh isn't in the same league as Kadri.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:40 AM
Remember2004

Quote:

Of course you choose McDonagh your a Rangers fan which is kind of bias, but none the less I agree Anismov is better the Kadri ATM while Gunnarson is showing that he can play on a NHL level

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:41 AM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
It would literally gut your team. I am biased, considering I am a huge Anisimov fan, but the Rangers organization values their core above all else, and Tortorella does not want any younger players moved.
Fair enough, but then I would like an opinion from a non biased fan, no offense.

How about this...

Kadri and Kulemin (who I think is a 30 goal scorer albeit a different style player than Anisimov) for Anisimov and a mid range prospect? Dunno if I wanna give up Kulemin but I think both teams would look at it depending on the prospect returning.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:43 AM
exporta

It may be close value wise in the long run, but at this moment Anismov > Kadri.

Gunnarson is having a semi-soft more slump, and McDonagh is starting to perform at the NHL.

Rangers are in the Play-off picture, doubt they would sacrifice NHL talent for players whom would only benefit them down the road. Anismov and McDonagh are both still very young as well. Doesn't make any sense.

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:44 AM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post
It may be close value wise in the long run, but at this moment Anismov > Kadri.

Gunnarson is having a semi-soft more slump, and McDonagh is starting to perform at the NHL.

Rangers are in the Play-off picture, doubt they would sacrifice NHL talent for players whom would only benefit them down the road. Anismov and McDonagh are both still very young as well. Doesn't make any sense.
It probably doesn't make sense to the Rangers. Ehhhhhhhhhhhh I just really want Anisimov.

How about this... WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO GET HIM ON THE LEAFS.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:45 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Anisimov is past the prospect stage but he's also 2 years older than Kadri.
What? Two years? Might as well retire.

It's simply a deduction from my 120+ viewings of Anisimov, and my 30+ viewings of Kadri. He's talented, but I don't see him being quite as good as Anisimov will be in their respective primes. Anisimov is one of the smartest players on the Rangers. Once he becomes a more experienced player, I liken him to Mikko Koivu. Excellent vision, excellent defensively. Lanky, smart as can be. But Anisimov will be more of a goal scorer, and less of a playmaker.

Kadri, in my viewings of him, remind me a LOT of Mike Ribeiro. Good hands, good vision, just not quite as smart as some. That is the one trait that think will really keep Kadri from being something special. His below-average hockey IQ. He's also not nearly as good in his own end as Anisimov is.

Quote:
Mcdonaugh isn't in the same league as Kadri.
I specifically compared Gunarsson and McDonagh in my post, so this has to be a joke, right?

Old
01-21-2011, 02:46 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Fair enough, but then I would like an opinion from a non biased fan, no offense.

How about this...

Kadri and Kulemin (who I think is a 30 goal scorer albeit a different style player than Anisimov) for Anisimov and a mid range prospect? Dunno if I wanna give up Kulemin but I think both teams would look at it depending on the prospect returning.
Now THAT, is a good, good offer. It's definitely an overpayment, but both teams say no this time. We have a glut of LH wingers.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:49 AM
seanlinden

As a Leaf fan who dislikes Kadri....

This is actually pretty close on a value standpoint.

Anisimov is currently a better player than Kadri, but he's a 22 year old player with 2 full years in the AHL and is now a sophmore in the NHL. Kadri is a 20 year old player, who's just shy of a point per game in his first AHL year. Anisimov has marginally higher value because he is now a proven NHLer.

In terms of Gunnarsson vs. McDonagh, you're comparing a 24 year old currently sophmore slumping, versus a 21 year old playing quite mediocre (AHL and NHL) in his first professional season. Gunnarsson has marginally higher value because he is a proven NHLer.

I suspect, that neither team does this. Toronto because of the russian factor and questions about Anisimov's upside versus Kadri's, and New York because Anisimov fits well with their current team.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:50 AM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
Now THAT, is a good, good offer. It's definitely an overpayment, but both teams say no this time. We have a glut of LH wingers.
Ye too be fair I should have clarify it wasn't necessarily a realistic trade, just throwing it out there.

What would the prospect be though? Who would you fairly give up?

IMO Anisimov = Kulemin, Kadri > mid range prospect. Reaalllly depends on who that prospect is.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:52 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Ye too be fair I should have clarify it wasn't necessarily a realistic trade, just throwing it out there.

What would the prospect be though? Who would you fairly give up?

IMO Anisimov = Kulemin, Kadri > mid range prospect. Reaalllly depends on who that prospect is.
I'd give up a Werek-type guy here. He's a girtty defensive center who can put up points. Jordan Staal-lite guy.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:54 AM
seanlinden

Quote:

How about this...

Giving up Kulemin for Anisimov would be a horrible idea for Toronto. Size on the wing is much more important than size at centre.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:56 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Yeah ok... Kadri is a better prospect than anyone the Rangers have. Mcdonagh barely cracks the top 5 of Rangers prospects.
I missed this hilarious edit.

Kreider is a better prospect than Kadri. Stepan would have been as well, but he's too busy putting up a ~45 point pace as a 20 year old in the NHL.

McDonagh is around 3rd/4th on the Rangers prospect lst, but he won't be there for long, considering he'll probably be in the NHL from here on out.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:58 AM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
I'd give up a Werek-type guy here. He's a girtty defensive center who can put up points. Jordan Staal-lite guy.
I watched Werek in Kingston, I would love to have him but I don't really think we need him. If I were to overpay for Anisimov then I guess I would do it, but for a more realistic deal (in a non realistic trade) it would still have to be a better prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Giving up Kulemin for Anisimov would be a horrible idea for Toronto. Size on the wing is much more important than size at centre.
I think we need the center more than the winger and I disagree with the size aspect. A big first line center is what every team drools over. I love Kulemin and for that reason alone, it might stop me from doing a trade based around them.

Old
01-21-2011, 03:04 AM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
I missed this hilarious edit.

Kreider is a better prospect than Kadri. Stepan would have been as well, but he's too busy putting up a ~45 point pace as a 20 year old in the NHL.

McDonagh is around 3rd/4th on the Rangers prospect lst, but he won't be there for long, considering he'll probably be in the NHL from here on out.
Would you do Grachev and Anisimov for Kulemin, Kadri, and a mid range prospect?

Old
01-21-2011, 03:06 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
As a Leaf fan who dislikes Kadri....

This is actually pretty close on a value standpoint.

Anisimov is currently a better player than Kadri, but he's a 22 year old player with 2 full years in the AHL and is now a sophmore in the NHL. Kadri is a 20 year old player, who's just shy of a point per game in his first AHL year. Anisimov has marginally higher value because he is now a proven NHLer.

In terms of Gunnarsson vs. McDonagh, you're comparing a 24 year old currently sophmore slumping, versus a 21 year old playing quite mediocre (AHL and NHL) in his first professional season. Gunnarsson has marginally higher value because he is a proven NHLer.

I suspect, that neither team does this. Toronto because of the russian factor and questions about Anisimov's upside versus Kadri's, and New York because Anisimov fits well with their current team.
Not going into a Gunnersson Vs McDonah debate, just going to have to disagree here on the bolded statement. I didn't really get to watch McDonagh while he was playing in the AHL, but since he has been brought up to the Rangers, he has not been mediocre at all. He has stepped into a very young and inexperienced blueline and delivered solid positional and defensive hockey.

He has been taking the body, playing solid defense, and making great outlet passes. In 8 games he has one assist and has been a +7 so far.

Each game he has been logging more and more minutes, going from averaging around 13 minutes his first handful of games to logging close to 21 minutes against the Leafs and 17 minutes last night against the Canes.

Slowly Torts is giving him more ice time and responsibilities based on his solid overall play.

Being 21 years old, stepping into an injury plagued lineup where the oldest D-man is 27 years old (And that's Eminger) and playing as well as he has is far from mediocre as one can get right now. At least at the NHL level. His stats weren't the best in the AHL if I remember right.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:07 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Would you do Grachev and Anisimov for Kulemin, Kadri, and a mid range prospect?
I think it's very fair, but as I said, I'm biased for Anisimov, so no.

Old
seanlinden

Quote:
I think we need the center more than the winger and I disagree with the size aspect. A big first line center is what every team drools over. I love Kulemin and for that reason alone, it might stop me from doing a trade based around them.
Not really. With Bozak & Grabo already in place, and Kadri's potential, the need for a centre really isn't that substantial. Big first line centres are what every team drools over because they are rare, but they really don't have the same impact because the centre usually has to stay high, while the winger is first one into the zone to dig at pucks. Anisimov is also still well away from being a quality first line C.

Old
JeffMangum
~anger~

Don't bother UAG. You won't get anything objective from jfried.