HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs/Rangers

Old
01-21-2011, 02:10 AM
Leaf Predator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Not really. With Bozak & Grabo already in place, and Kadri's potential, the need for a centre really isn't that substantial. Big first line centres are what every team drools over because they are rare, but they really don't have the same impact because the centre usually has to stay high, while the winger is first one into the zone to dig at pucks. Anisimov is also still well away from being a quality first line C.
Grabo wont play with Phil on the same line IMO, Bozak is garbage, Kadri isn't there yet. Get Anisimov to play with Phil, have Grabo, Clark and Vertseeg together, and let Kadri go for the Rangers prospect coming back (Grachev in this case). I like this, although I hate seeing Kulemin go.

Leaf Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:11 AM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Anisimov/Kessel would make me feel all giggly inside.

Too bad it won't happen unless Sather has compromising pictures of Burke, or vice versa.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:13 AM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post

Too bad it won't happen unless Sather has compromising pictures of Burke, or vice versa.
I hear they go the rippers together at the GM meetings. Gotta be some dirt on that.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:21 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:

Burke would never trade Kessel unless he could get more then what he gave up to Boston for him. I don't see a team giving up two first round picks and a second for Kessel, especially how things turned out for Burke with those picks (One second overall pick and what could possibly be another top 5 pick).

That trade really set the Leafs back a year or two in their development. Kessel is a great player, but have Seguin + whoever they could have taken at the 32nd overall pick (Knight/McFarland/Merril/Faulk) + One of Larsson, Couturier, RNH, Landeskog, or Murphy/Strome etc might have been better for the organization in the long run.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:23 AM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Burke would never trade Kessel unless he could get more then what he gave up to Boston for him. I don't see a team giving up two first round picks and a second for Kessel, especially how things turned out for Burke with those picks (One second overall pick and what could possibly be another top 5 pick).

That trade really set the Leafs back a year or two in their development. Kessel is a great player, but have Seguin + whoever they could have taken at the 32nd overall pick (Knight/McFarland/Merril/Faulk) + One of Larsson, Couturier, RNH, Landeskog, or Murphy/Strome etc might have been better for the organization in the long run.

He never said Phil for Anisimov, just them playing together.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:31 AM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Put me in the "Would love to have Anisimov" boat.

I think the value is at least in the same ballpark, but with the way the McDonagh and Anisimov have been playing in the NHL, this is a deal you just don't do from the Rangers side.

Gunnarsson has struggled this season. What he will become is still relatively unknown. I believe that he does have top 4 upside, and he has been pretty damn good for the past while, but the jury is still out on him. Kadri is a really nice prospect and certainly has NHL level skills, but i think we all know those can only get you so far (Schremp). He is ridiculously easy to knock off the puck, even for a rookie (when he was up in the NHL). I have faith that he will become a very good player for the Leafs though.

From the Leafs side, i have no problem keeping our two players. Mostly due to the fact that i am sick and tired of watching us ship off anyone who shows promise. I can quite understand anyone from the Rangers' side saying hell no to this. From a non-Leaf fan perspective, neither of the pieces that we would be giving up are very attractive at the moment, especially for a team looking to secure a playoff spot.

MoreMogilny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:31 AM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Yeah, it's definitely just a pipe dream. Two of my favorites.

BrianBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:27 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

haha it truely astonishes me how the leaf fan base works...

this past offseason, only months ago people on these boards would not even listen to the notion of trading kadri for anything short of the second coming of Wayne Gretzky (some leaf fans acted as if kadri were that guy)

yet now he seems to be a key chip in a lot of leaf proposals most of which the return isnt overwhelming...what happened??

and those same people would have given grabovski away before this season for a bag of pucks and a spit in the eye. Now he's all of a sudden a key member of the Leafs future and their best player...yikes how much a small sample size of success can change peoples views

Rangers say no thanks by the way but its not too far off base

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:52 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Not a chance. You can keep Kadri. To win in this league you need players with a high level of hockey sense, and both Anisimov and McDonagh are proving that they are studs where that area of the game is concerned. I don't remember the last time I saw a top 10 pick who was as weak mentally as Kadri is. Arguably the most overrated prospect in the sport right now. The last thing the Rangers need is another Gomez, and that's what Kadri is going to become: an inefficient, turnover-prone underachiever. Anisimov is going to be a tremendous shutdown center with 20-25 goal, 25-30 assist potential who plays a smart two-way game and will be able to kill penalties with the best of them, while McDonagh has all the makings of a smaller Staal. Should be a very, very good second pairing blueliner for us.

No thanks.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 05:18 AM
emedshot

Didnt leafs fans choose Bozak ainec in that Anisimov vs Bozak poll last year?

emedshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 05:20 AM
Xander Crews
Genius Poster

Quote:
It would literally gut your team. I am biased, considering I am a huge Anisimov fan, but the Rangers organization values their core above all else, and Tortorella does not want any younger players moved.
Yea it shows youre being super biased... Lol @ Kadri not being worth more.

But in all seriousness i hope we never trade with the Rangers, they seem to come out ahead in every trade and by a long shot.

Xander Crews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:00 AM
NorthlandPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Anisimov is past the prospect stage but he's also 2 years older than Kadri.

Mcdonaugh isn't in the same league as Kadri.
If your guys are so good why do want Artie & McD? Keep your guys, we don't want them. We will suffer along with Artie & McD. Why do canadian based fans so over rate their prospects?

NorthlandPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:08 AM
Xander Crews
Genius Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthlandPro View Post
If your guys are so good why do want Artie & McD? Keep your guys, we don't want them. We will suffer along with Artie & McD. Why do canadian based fans so over rate their prospects?
He like myself DOESNT want to trade him... youre confusing us with the guy who made the topic. Not all Canadians think exactly the same.

Also nice sweeping generalization there... let me try one: Why do American based fans know nothing about hockey?

Xander Crews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:24 AM
beastly115

Why do you want Anisimov? Leafs already have Bozak who is sooo much better than Anisimov.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:31 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Yeah ok... Kadri is a better prospect than anyone the Rangers have. Mcdonagh barely cracks the top 5 of Rangers prospects.
McDonagh = not top 5 in Rangers prospects is not a testament that Kadri is better. It's a testament that we're deeper than Paris Hilton. There's absolutely no connection between McD's status in our prospect pool and Kadri's projected levels.

Stepan and Kreider are both better caliber prospects than Kadri, and Anisimov's rare mix of size, skill, speed and dexterity will make him a very, very scary center in a few years.

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:33 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander Crews View Post
He like myself DOESNT want to trade him... youre confusing us with the guy who made the topic. Not all Canadians think exactly the same.

Also nice sweeping generalization there... let me try one: Why do American based fans know nothing about hockey?

ESPN won't give us TSN in many areas. ESPN won't cover hockey in many areas. Vs. is a substandard network. We don't get juniors if we don't get NHLN. We have to pay out the ass for college sports packages if we want college hockey.

Must I go on?

Old
01-21-2011, 07:38 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiger8719 View Post
I would do Kadri+ for Anisimov. Take out McDonagh and Gunnarsson.

Kadri + Aulie?

I really want Anisimov, what would it take.

EDIT: Other than Kessel, Schenn, Grabo.
BB is right. It would literally gut your team. Anisimov's one of our more valuable pieces right now - he's very much outside the limelight thanks to Dubi, Cally, Staal and to an extent Stepan but some of the things Anisimov does are just invaluable to our young team.

It would take quite a bit to get us to part with him. Kadri would be a start, I suppose, but as many Rangers fans have already expressed - he isn't quite on the wish list.

Old
01-21-2011, 10:01 AM
theIceWookie
formerly FinnishKule

Quote:
Anisimov is not being moved, nor is McDonagh. Both are more valuable than their counterparts in this deal.

Anisimov is going to be a force when he fills out. Dexterous hands, great vision, and veteran like defensive play guarantee he will not be moved. The kid has sky-high potential, and will be a better player than Kadri. He's much more polished. He also has a laser beam of a wrist shot.

And Mcdonagh will be, and currently is, better than Gunarsson. Fantastic skater, built like an ox, and has through the roof hockey IQ. He logged 21 minutes against the Leafs in only his 7th career game and is a +7 so far.

Definite, and resounding NO from the Rangers.
Thats fine by most Leaf fans. I'll stick with Kadri. Resounding no from us.

theIceWookie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 263
Anisimov>Kadri

no.

i don't think you guys have anything we would want for him. were making a playoff run and well need Anisimov who is proven. not kadri, who is an enigma and some leafs fans dont even like him already.

number of Ranger fans who disslike Anisimov: 0
ok bold statement but you get my point.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:37 AM
WalterHeisenberg

vCash: 322
I would never do this as a Rangers fan

WalterHeisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:48 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiger8719 View Post
Grabo wont play with Phil on the same line IMO, Bozak is garbage, Kadri isn't there yet. Get Anisimov to play with Phil, have Grabo, Clark and Vertseeg together, and let Kadri go for the Rangers prospect coming back (Grachev in this case). I like this, although I hate seeing Kulemin go.
Grabo won't play on the same line as Kessel, but Bozak really isn't that bad. Their biggest problem has been the complete lack of a big winger to go to the dirty areas -- and that would be the same problem for Grabo if Kulemin was traded. Get Bozak another year under his belt and a big winger, Toronto should be fine to let Kadri develop.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby33 View Post
I would never do this as a Rangers fan
Makes two of us (more like 50, considering no Ranger fan seems to like this swap).

Boom Boom Geoffrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:06 AM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

As a Rangers Fan its a great feeling to have other Teams drooling over some of our young home grown talent..Its been a long time since thats happened..We are staying the course and building from with in..As for trading Artie? Not gonna happen..When he fills out he's gonna be a freaking HORSE! He's young cheap and talented..Nasty wrist shot,drives to the net..Sorry guys but he's off limits..He and Step are our future.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:49 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
It would literally gut your team. I am biased, considering I am a huge Anisimov fan, but the Rangers organization values their core above all else, and Tortorella does not want any younger players moved.
Agree with ^.
No one is entirely untouchable.
If Babe Ruth/Bobby Orr can be traded, anybody can be traded.

But as practical matter, don't want to give up AA.
Even in possible deals for likes of Malkin, have suggested alternate compensation.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Boondock

I think that Anisimov and Kadri probably top out at about the same offensive production, but AA is a bigger body that will give him different dimensions to his game then Kadri (although I wasn't a big fan of Kadri's even at the draft - it has nothing to do with him being a Leaf prospect, so untie your panties Leaf fans.)

But player values aside, this deal makes no sense for the Rangers. They are currently in the playoffs, and playing fairly well, so unless they are being offered dramatic upgrades, they are better off keeping their current players who are producing in the NHL, know the system, have chemistry with their linemates etc, ect.

As for the Gunnar vs McD debate, Gunnar hasn't shown anything to show that he is an upgrade to McD, so I would take the younger player with a better chance of developing into a very good defense-man. Gunnar has that potential too, but he's 3 years older and isn't playing at a superior level right now.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote