HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos-Col & Bos-Van & Bos-Cal

Old
01-21-2011, 12:16 PM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan419 View Post
Boston gets screwed in all 3 deals , this is what I would do;

Liles to Boston for Ference and Paille,

Kesler for Horton,

Bourque for Wheeler

If those teams don't like that, then walk away otherwise the Bruins overpay in all 3 deals.
I was mad as an Avs fan at Liles for Ference and Paille, but I'm more offended on behalf of Canucks fans for thinking Horton gets you Kesler.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Diskothek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
I was mad as an Avs fan at Liles for Ference and Paille, but I'm more offended on behalf of Canucks fans for thinking Horton gets you Kesler.
Hey, its HFBoards, what else can you expect?

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskothek View Post
Seguin is playing wing for us and has plenty of minutes. Julien and Chia are letting him come along slowly, not giving him much pressure. I don't think I'd do that deal. Yes we're deep at center, but as soon as Krejci is gone that means either Seguin or Wheeler moves to center or we call up Arniel. I'd rather keep our centers as is. We're 8th in league scoring, so I'm fine with it.

---

Let me add a deal to the discussion though.

To NYI:

Ryder
TOR 1st

To BOS:

Streit (assuming he is good to go by the deadline)

Giving up a possible top 5 pick is a lot, but Streit is a great offensive dman who I think makes us a true Cup contender and who is signed beyond the offseason. Ryder can help NYI on the wing and is UFA after this season so they can continue to rebuild. Ryder and Streit's salaries are almost equal so NYI stays near the cap floor and we stay under the ceiling.
Liles is better than Streit.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:38 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Sign O'Reilly

vCash: 50
Quote:

Kesler for Horton,

Bourque for Wheeler

If those teams don't like that, then walk away otherwise the Bruins overpay in all 3 deals.

bahaha, get bent.

skip2mybordeleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:40 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Disagree. They're pretty close, Streit is a little better offensively. Liles is much more durable though, and younger.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:

Kesler for Horton,

Bourque for Wheeler

1) Is Liles better than Ference? If not, why do you want him? If he is why would Colorado trade the better Dman for a 13th F? Makes zero sense for Colorado AND the value sucks.

2) Not. Even. Close.

3) See above.

Seriously, you are trying to rip off 3 teams in a totally unfair way.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Bourque will score a few more goals, put up a few less points and do it at a lower cap hit... and also won't be up for a raise after next season... and it doesn't really hurt them since they have such good center depth
And be more physical. I think Bourque for Krejci is fair. I'm not sure either team does it though. Savard is still up in the air, and Seguin isn't ready to be a top 6 C.

Fair, but Boston might hesitate until they know Savard is fully back.

Old
01-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Diskothek

Quote:
Really? I don't hear as much about Liles being an eastern conference bro, but do you think he could anchor the Isles the way Streit has?

Old
01-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
Most Boston fans would know that Horton doesn't get you Kesler.

Old
01-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Really? I don't hear as much about Liles being an eastern conference bro, but do you think he could anchor the Isles the way Streit has?
I'm with you. Streit over Liles easily.

Old
01-21-2011, 12:53 PM
pullyoursocksup

Quote:

Kesler for Horton,

Bourque for Wheeler

wow homer!

kesler > horton
liles > ference and paille
bourque > wheeler

all by a long shot

pullyoursocksup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:55 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:

Kesler for Horton,

Bourque for Wheeler

Wow man. As a B's fan, theres absolutely no way any of those teams would do that. You are either overrating Bruins values or completely underrating the teams players.

Equivalent proposal to the ones above: Mike Komisarek + Jeff Finger (Sorry, not poking fun at Leafs fans, just using an example) for Chara. Do you see how ridiculous that is?

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Sorry Canuck fans.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
He doesn't have to anchor the Isles. He has to anchor the Bruins. That's not the same proposition.

Liles is an elite playmaker. He has superb vision. He's not as much of a goal scorer as Streit.

Liles has 34 points in 47 games this year. He's on pace for ~60. I think he's a better defenseman overall than Streit, and he's certainly having a great year.

I mean, obviously I'm an Avalanche fan and I feel like I know Liles game fairly well. He's smaller in stature (5'10 v. 6'0 for Streit), but neither of them is particularly physical. I don't know.

I would pick Liles if it was me.

Old
01-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbruin View Post

To Boston
D Christian Ehrhoff
F Cody Hodgson

To Vancouver
F Nathan Horton
Minny 2nd
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO not ever ever ever. Erhoff is key to our league leading power play and will be re-signed. This year he makes an extremely manageable 3.1 and we can't add any more salary. Plus, defence is the last thing we want to move. Gillis worked really hard to get 6 top 4 defenders (2 top pairing, 3 #3 and a #4 with a very solid #5 in the press box when all are healthy) and I doubt he'd move it + our best prospect for Nathan Horton and a 2nd.

Quote:

Kesler for Horton,

Bourque for Wheeler

Kesler is two goals away from breaking his career high and it's only half way through the season. Kesler is never going to be moved for Horton and I don't see why the Canucks would move a key cog in a year where they're cup contenders.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:06 PM
doofydoofer08*

He doesn't have to anchor the Isles. He has to anchor the Bruins. That's not the same proposition.

Liles is an elite playmaker. He has superb vision. He's not as much of a goal scorer as Streit.

Liles has 34 points in 47 games this year. He's on pace for ~60. I think he's a better defenseman overall than Streit, and he's certainly having a great year.

I mean, obviously I'm an Avalanche fan and I feel like I know Liles game fairly well. He's smaller in stature (5'10 v. 6'0 for Streit), but neither of them is particularly physical. I don't know.

HAHAHAHA wow to both the bolded parts wow

doofydoofer08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:

Kesler for Horton,

Bourque for Wheeler

Wow. You think any of those are close to fair value?

Boston wins in the original first deal. The second is just a little too weird for me to comment on (I'm not saying it's a bad deal, just a bit unrealistic) and the third one was pretty fair. But those three? Wow.

Ten Thousand Hours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullyoursocksup View Post
wow homer!

kesler > horton
liles > ference and paille
bourque > wheeler

all by a long shot

Yeah. You're missing a few of those extra greater than signs for emphasis.

Ten Thousand Hours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofydoofer08 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke

HAHAHAHA wow to both the bolded parts wow
Liles is underrated on HF Boards. He's having a great season. He also is a superb passer from the back end as far as PP QB's go... I'm not sure what about that you find so amusing.

How many 60 point defensemen do you know?

Old
01-21-2011, 01:09 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Boston basically gets better at wing, better at centre, better at defense. But lose Paille.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Diskothek

Quote:
Dude, wat. Why would he anchor the Bruins... that is and would still be Chara's job. Streit/Liles would be our #2.

I meant if Streit wasn't on NYI and Liles was, do you think he would be able to pull off the same thing Streit has? 'Cause Streit makes them look a lot better than they are.

Old
01-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Dude, wat. Why would he anchor the Bruins... that is and would still be Chara's job. Streit/Liles would be our #2.

I meant if Streit wasn't on NYI and Liles was, do you think he would be able to pull off the same thing Streit has? 'Cause Streit makes them look a lot better than they are.
I think you misunderstood my post.

It doesn't matter whether Streit or Liles would fare better on the Islanders - we aren't talking about the Islanders. We're talking about the Bruins.

Liles is not as much of a goal scorer, so obviously his impact would be diminished with less skilled players, but the Bruins have plenty of offensive weapons, and Chara has a big shot anyway. Liles is a better complement to Chara and the Bruins PP then Streit is.

Old
01-21-2011, 01:22 PM
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs

The Canucks need scoring help. Giving up Ehrhoff would only make things worse.

chopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Diskothek

Quote:
I think you misunderstood my post.

It doesn't matter whether Streit or Liles would fare better on the Islanders - we aren't talking about the Islanders. We're talking about the Bruins.

Liles is not as much of a goal scorer, so obviously his impact would be diminished with less skilled players, but the Bruins have plenty of offensive weapons, and Chara has a big shot anyway. Liles is a better complement to Chara and the Bruins PP then Streit is.
Our biggest need is consistency coming out of our own end and through the neutral zone. We're pretty good cycling in the O-zone once we're in it. Its getting out of our own end, making those first 1 or 2 passes that is the problem.

Old
01-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Our biggest need is consistency coming out of our own end and through the neutral zone. We're pretty good cycling in the O-zone once we're in it. Its getting out of our own end, making those first 1 or 2 passes that is the problem.
Liles has always been a good puck mover though, I'm not sure why that's something you'd regard as a weakness with him...

If anything, Liles has been guilty throughout his career of some mental lapses, but if he was paired with a solid defensive d-man, he's fine.