HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Colin White

Old
01-20-2011, 09:19 PM
SpeakingOfTheDevils
Devils Advocate

vCash: 500
Colin White

Just a general question....

Does he hold any value at the deadline? Would any team want him? Who?

SpeakingOfTheDevils is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:22 PM
apice3*

He'll have decent value depending on who's trying to make a splash. I don't think we should trade him without overpayment. I'd rather have him teach whoever we draft to fix the defense. White learned from Stevens, Daneyko, and Niedermayer and I think he would have a lot to offer to a an 18 year old, 1st round defenseman.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:42 PM
goon5516

He has a ntc and he is our best defensive dman going forward! Plus he is a Lou soldier! He ain't going no where

goon5516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:08 AM
SpeakingOfTheDevils
Devils Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by goon5516 View Post
He has a ntc and he is our best defensive dman going forward! Plus he is a Lou soldier! He ain't going no where
Colin White is, in no way, the Devils' best defensive defenseman. He's painful to watch on defense. He rarely takes the body due to his eye injury, he's slow and can't catch up to anyone, and really has no value for the Devils.

I'm a bigger advocate for keeping Tallinder to mentor fellow Swedes Urbom and Larsson, if he's drafted.

SpeakingOfTheDevils is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:19 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartysBetter30 View Post
Colin White is, in no way, the Devils' best defensive defenseman. He's painful to watch on defense. He rarely takes the body due to his eye injury, he's slow and can't catch up to anyone, and really has no value for the Devils.

I'm a bigger advocate for keeping Tallinder to mentor fellow Swedes Urbom and Larsson, if he's drafted.
This just plain wrong. White has been a rock all year and Tallinder has been downright awful up until the last dozen games.

Brendan Witt got a 1st round pick, and White is a better defenseman than Witt is. But the market doesn't really favor defensive defensemen anymore. In a vacuum, the value for White would probably be a 3rd round pick + mid grade prospect, maybe a second if there's a bidding war. But he has more value in the Devils line-up than whatever return he would get in a trade. He plays just fine for his salary.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
This just plain wrong. White has been a rock all year and Tallinder has been downright awful up until the last dozen games.

Brendan Witt got a 1st round pick, and White is a better defenseman than Witt is. But the market doesn't really favor defensive defensemen anymore. In a vacuum, the value for White would probably be a 3rd round pick + mid grade prospect, maybe a second if there's a bidding war. But he has more value in the Devils line-up than whatever return he would get in a trade. He plays just fine for his salary.
If that get's you Colin White, I would want Ducks to offer that sort of package for sure. How about White for a 2nd round pick and Nicholas Deschamps/Maxime Macenauer? Both forwards, but Deschamps is more of a scorer, and Macenauer is a smart defensive forward.

Doothpick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

i think that white is one of the guys who should stay. unlike most of the team he's been showing up all year, and we're led to believe he's a leader in the locker room.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Long time Devil, playing sound defensive hockey. Really no reason to move him, plus he has a NTC.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 09:28 AM
crashthenet

3rd rounder in this market. Don't forget the intangibles when it comes to a veteran like White.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:51 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:

Not a chance White has been very solid and if you think tallinder is the one who should stay then you must be blind to the mistakes tallinder makes every game.

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13sharonj View Post
Not a chance White has been very solid and if you think tallinder is the one who should stay then you must be blind to the mistakes tallinder makes every game.
IIRC thats what buffalo fans were warning us about tallinder. he'll be terrible one season, then really good the next. if this is correct tallinder should stay, so he can mentor the young swedes like Urbom,
Larsson(probably) as well as tedenby and yayo. maybe he can help them the way he helped myers

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:54 PM
williamirven

I think White has value, but the Devils should only deal him if they are certain Salvador's concussion isn't career-ending. These guys play a similar style game and, with the addition of A-Train, there is no need for both. I think McKenzie tweeted earlier on in the year that Lou was shopping White and Salvador, but was only willing to trade one.

In terms of return for NJ, less than what Langenbrunner netted us. So, maybe a conditional 4th pick. The real value comes from the cap space it would open up next season, giving NJ more room to fit Parise in.

williamirven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:25 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhark Attack View Post
IIRC thats what buffalo fans were warning us about tallinder. he'll be terrible one season, then really good the next. if this is correct tallinder should stay, so he can mentor the young swedes like Urbom,
Larsson(probably) as well as tedenby and yayo. maybe he can help them the way he helped myers
I dont hate tallinder, I like that he will mentor the young swedes, but at a cap hit of $3,375,000 per season for 4 years is not worth an off and on d-man but maybe thats just my opinion.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
White is one of our best Dman. Not trading him

Devils Trap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:36 PM
apice3*

Quote:

Do you watch Devil games or do you just believe everything Ranger fans tell you?

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:52 PM
MakoSlade

Send a message via AIM to MakoSlade Send a message via MSN to MakoSlade Send a message via Yahoo to MakoSlade
I could see him getting a 2nd round pick back. And he is worth far more than that to the Devils. He will never be traded.

MakoSlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Alvvays
Marle **3

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Do you watch Devil games or do you just believe everything Ranger fans tell you?
Even Rangers fans (well, knowledgeable ones) can appreciate Colin White as a solid, shutdown 2nd pairing guy.

This post seems to have a bias against White, seeing as I think yesterday under his username said something like "White Sucks" or "I hate White". Something along those lines.

He could probably get a 3rd + a solid prospect from a team that needed White, he's a valuable commodity to a contender.

Last edited by Alvvays: 01-21-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Alvvays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:17 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:

White does take the body he has 86 hits 2nd most on the team and mind you he is not in his prime but he definately has been a rock for us seriously there is not even a debate on this.

Old
01-21-2011, 03:19 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Even Rangers fans (well, knowledgeable ones) can appreciate Colin White as a solid, shutdown 2nd pairing guy.

This post seems to have a bias against White, seeing as I think yesterday under his username said something like "White Sucks" or "I hate White". Something along those lines.

He could probably get a 3rd + a solid prospect from a team that needed White, he's a valuable commodity to a contender. H=\
I agree with that

Old
01-21-2011, 03:34 PM
99 steps
to the top

White is on the short list of guys that is just what the Hawks need.

Assuming he would waive his NTC, I would offer Atlanta's 2nd in 2011 and a mid-range prospect (Paradis? Vishnevskiy?)

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote