HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs/Rangers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2011, 01:57 PM
  #51
MoreMogilny
Cap'n
 
MoreMogilny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Not a chance. You can keep Kadri. To win in this league you need players with a high level of hockey sense, and both Anisimov and McDonagh are proving that they are studs where that area of the game is concerned. I don't remember the last time I saw a top 10 pick who was as weak mentally as Kadri is. Arguably the most overrated prospect in the sport right now. The last thing the Rangers need is another Gomez, and that's what Kadri is going to become: an inefficient, turnover-prone underachiever.
Ignorance is bliss isn't it?

One of the worst, nonsensical posts i've seen in a while.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:18 PM
  #52
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Abingdon, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,555
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
Ignorance is bliss isn't it?

One of the worst, nonsensical posts i've seen in a while.
While I agree it wasn't the most politely put... I agree in some senses.

Value wise I do think the Op's proposal was pretty fair. It all comes down to need. Anisimov is our 2nd line center right now. He has proven he can play that roll, had great chemistry with Dubinsky in Callahan before they both got injured. Kadri while I do think might have a little bit higher of a ceiling than AA, it all comes down to known quantity vs potential quantity and why the Rangers IMO would say no to this deal. Not because of bad value, but because of where they are as a team.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:29 PM
  #53
SchennSational1022*
The Future
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
kadri will be a lot better than anisimov...

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:58 PM
  #54
MoreMogilny
Cap'n
 
MoreMogilny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
While I agree it wasn't the most politely put... I agree in some senses.

Value wise I do think the Op's proposal was pretty fair. It all comes down to need. Anisimov is our 2nd line center right now. He has proven he can play that roll, had great chemistry with Dubinsky in Callahan before they both got injured. Kadri while I do think might have a little bit higher of a ceiling than AA, it all comes down to known quantity vs potential quantity and why the Rangers IMO would say no to this deal. Not because of bad value, but because of where they are as a team.
I don't disagree with a single thing you said here, i merely took exception to the very narrow minded, and quite frankly ******** comment made by the poster i quoted.

I'm not a fan of baseless trashing of players, and that poster called Kadri out on:

Hockey sense: Which Kadri most definitely has. He has displayed some very good instincts, and isn't just a player that has a lot of tools, but no toolbox.

Weak mentally: I don't know where this comes from at all. He competes hard, and thinks the game. Doesn't back down from anyone, and plays with an edge.

Most overrated prospect in the sport: LOL is all i have to say. Not even close, the guy hardly gets ANY praise from anyone outside of the Leafs. He was crapped on but many people after his draft, then during the WJC the next year, and this year where he is in the AHL. Heck, even Leaf fans hardly talk about the guy anymore. We are hopeful for sure, but we aren't jumping around everywhere calling him one of the best prospects in the league. Sure there are always going to be some people who overrate prospects, but as is the same with every team.

This is what i was talking about. Kadri is 20 years old, and look at the criticism he has been given. All of which was unfounded, backed up by nothing. I'm not hyping him up to be one of the best players in the league, but if someone is going to try and call him out on the negatives in his game, at least do it accurately.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 05:31 PM
  #55
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,548
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain richie18 View Post
kadri will be a lot better than anisimov...
How did you come up with this? Biased Philly fan?

He will not even be close to "a lot" better. Hell, he likely will not be "better" at all.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 05:36 PM
  #56
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain richie18 View Post
kadri will be a lot better than anisimov...
I think Artem has a much higher upside than Kadri, But Kadri is better than JVR for sure

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 05:38 PM
  #57
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain richie18 View Post
kadri will be a lot better than anisimov...
And this is based on ... what?

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 05:50 PM
  #58
SchennSational1022*
The Future
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
How did you come up with this? Biased Philly fan?

He will not even be close to "a lot" better. Hell, he likely will not be "better" at all.
biased philly fan ? the other team we're talking about is the leafs .. and I feel kadri's skill set will put him above AA ... no need to cry over it

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 05:52 PM
  #59
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...
 
Mint Berry Crunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 1,944
vCash: 1081
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
And this is based on ... what?
Kadri was taken 7th overall, therefore he is leaps and bounds better.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:03 PM
  #60
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,548
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain richie18 View Post
biased philly fan ? the other team we're talking about is the leafs .. and I feel kadri's skill set will put him above AA ... no need to cry over it
What does Kadri have the Anisimov doesn't? Usually, you're supposed to explain yourself with this kind of thing.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:25 PM
  #61
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked
 
theIceWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Burke would never trade Kessel unless he could get more then what he gave up to Boston for him. I don't see a team giving up two first round picks and a second for Kessel, especially how things turned out for Burke with those picks (One second overall pick and what could possibly be another top 5 pick).

That trade really set the Leafs back a year or two in their development. Kessel is a great player, but have Seguin + whoever they could have taken at the 32nd overall pick (Knight/McFarland/Merril/Faulk) + One of Larsson, Couturier, RNH, Landeskog, or Murphy/Strome etc might have been better for the organization in the long run.
How does having a 5th year veteran, over three completely non-NHL players set a team back? Even now, Kessel is still more helpful to his team that Seguin is. Your logic is seriously flawed their.

I might understand you point on setting a rebuild back but even then, a proven asset is always better than an unproven asset.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:28 PM
  #62
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked
 
theIceWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Not a chance. You can keep Kadri. To win in this league you need players with a high level of hockey sense, and both Anisimov and McDonagh are proving that they are studs where that area of the game is concerned. I don't remember the last time I saw a top 10 pick who was as weak mentally as Kadri is. Arguably the most overrated prospect in the sport right now. The last thing the Rangers need is another Gomez, and that's what Kadri is going to become: an inefficient, turnover-prone underachiever. Anisimov is going to be a tremendous shutdown center with 20-25 goal, 25-30 assist potential who plays a smart two-way game and will be able to kill penalties with the best of them, while McDonagh has all the makings of a smaller Staal. Should be a very, very good second pairing blueliner for us.

No thanks.
Have you seen Kadri play? His hockey sense is pretty high compared to most players. Its not Crosbyesque but than again neither is Anisimov's.


How is he weak mentally? How do you quantify that? What factors lead you to this conclusion?

Kadri was playing his first season in the NHL. Contrary to popular belief, not every prospect transitions smoothly. Just because he turned the puck over in 17 games, does not mean he will do so in the rest of his career.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:31 PM
  #63
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked
 
theIceWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
While I agree it wasn't the most politely put... I agree in some senses.

Value wise I do think the Op's proposal was pretty fair. It all comes down to need. Anisimov is our 2nd line center right now. He has proven he can play that roll, had great chemistry with Dubinsky in Callahan before they both got injured. Kadri while I do think might have a little bit higher of a ceiling than AA, it all comes down to known quantity vs potential quantity and why the Rangers IMO would say no to this deal. Not because of bad value, but because of where they are as a team.
It doesn't really make sense for either team. I would agree value is probably even. However a you said AA is playing as the Rangers second line center and unless they have a replacement he isn't going anywhere.

The Leafs are also highly unlikely to trade Kadri unless a first line center is coming back (I'm by no means suggesting he could get one by himself). For a team that hasn't had a first rounder last season and this upcoming draft, trading Kadri would start a fan revolt. He is the only blue-chip forward prospect our team has seen in years.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:31 PM
  #64
TrollololBoyle
Registered User
 
TrollololBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinjosh View Post
Have you seen Kadri play? His hockey sense is pretty high compared to most players. Its not Crosbyesque but than again neither is Anisimov's.


How is he weak mentally? How do you quantify that? What factors lead you to this conclusion?

Kadri was playing his first season in the NHL. Contrary to popular belief, not every prospect transitions smoothly. Just because he turned the puck over in 17 games, does not mean he will do so in the rest of his career.
But what makes Kadri better than Anisimov? List who is better in what aspects of the game. I'll start you off... Anisimov has a lethal wrist shot, and is a bigger, tougher player. The Rangers don't need any more small players...

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:32 PM
  #65
leafsforever
 
leafsforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
I'd rather have Kadri

leafsforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:34 PM
  #66
TrollololBoyle
Registered User
 
TrollololBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsforever View Post
I'd rather have Kadri
and Rangers fans would rather have Anisimov... fair enough for both teams to just not trade with each other.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:34 PM
  #67
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
What does Kadri have the Anisimov doesn't? Usually, you're supposed to explain yourself with this kind of thing.
Kadri is simply miles better, our prospect is better then yours. And no, I don't need to explain why.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:45 PM
  #68
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,392
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbloodhockey View Post
Kadri is simply miles better, our prospect is better then yours. And no, I don't need to explain why.
You're wrong.

Anisimov is simply miles better, our NHL player is better than your unproven overrated prospect. And no, I don't need to explain why.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:50 PM
  #69
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...
 
Mint Berry Crunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 1,944
vCash: 1081
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbloodhockey View Post
Kadri is simply miles better, our prospect is better then yours. And no, I don't need to explain why.
u jelly brah?



yea u jelly.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:51 PM
  #70
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,548
vCash: 300
You don't need to explain why because you're absolutely clueless, and can't explain why.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:52 PM
  #71
MoreMogilny
Cap'n
 
MoreMogilny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
You don't need to explain why because you're absolutely clueless, and can't explain why.
I think he might have been intending to sound sarcastic...

If not, then

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:53 PM
  #72
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
You're wrong.

Anisimov is simply miles better, our NHL player is better than your unproven overrated prospect. And no, I don't need to explain why.
"My dick is bigger then your dick", see what I did?

Both are very good prospects.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:54 PM
  #73
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,548
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
I think he might have been intending to sound sarcastic...

If not, then
There's a reason I didn't quote him. He's serious, just look at his other posts.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:00 PM
  #74
MoreMogilny
Cap'n
 
MoreMogilny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
There's a reason I didn't quote him. He's serious, just look at his other posts.
Yes, it certainly seems that way.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:03 PM
  #75
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,548
vCash: 300
This is why I hate threads like this. I like it when I can calmly discuss and argue on the trade board, but certain Leaf fans take hyperbole to the next level. Then they start insulting other players, and it turns into a flame war. Same for some Ranger fans.

I am a lover of peace! I don't like the constant bickering.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.