HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill X

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2011, 01:20 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Cause Nabokov has been so money in Playoff's right? Or the fact that he just didn't get cut from his KHL team......
Well we got to make the playoffs frist . I also think we play way better defence then the shark so he wouldn' face as many shot there for he wouldn' let in as many goals.
Was cut wasnt he let go cause of personal resaons ? not sure on this

Old
01-21-2011, 01:32 PM
KingCanadain1976

Alexander Seminlow ufa to be so maybe moveable
Jeff Carter rfa so maybe moved cap reasons
Scott Hartnell lw odd man odd to resign carter?
James van Riemsdyk i doubt this one but it wouldnt hurt to try
Patrik Elias rfa rumoured not to be happy so tradeable + cap issues
Mattias Tedenby a long shot but i think he would be a frist line candiate

I know its a pipedream but the above wingers would be a huge upgrade from what kopitars been playing with this year

Old
01-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Shhhh. This is a teaching moment.

Besides Mrs. Quick, you aren't allowed to vote anyway.
Haha. Is it that obvious?

Old
01-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
philly needs better goaltending so does washington maybe new jersy wanting a replacement for marty (got to retire at some point) just 3 off the top of my head
Philly's doing alright with Bobrovsky, although I wonder if he'll continue in the fine Flyers recent goalie tradition of being an afterthought next year. Devils are almost resembling an NHL team again, realistically Quick would be wasted splitting time with Brodeur. And like Kings17 pointed out, who would be send the other way? Don't think Lou's trading Parise (knock on wood), and assuming you would deal Quick right away after claiming Nabokov, Parise's more or less out for the rest of the year with his injury.

The Caps are in a weird situation with three decent young but mostly unproven guys. Realistically, Ottawa and San Jose are teams that would love a young starter with a good contract. Ottawa could also easily claim Nabokov ahead of the Kings as well since Elliott is overworked and Leclaire gets hurt when he sneezes. If San Jose wants to change their goalies, I'd expect them to do that in the offseason.

Quote:
Patrik Elias rfa rumoured not to be happy so tradeable + cap issues
Elias isn't RFA, he's signed for two more years. Wife just had their first child and went through a difficult pregnancy. Since their daughter was born, Elias has been productive with 19 points in 22 games.

Kinda doubt he'd be interested in moving across the country right now. New Jersey has started to stabilize again, so I'm not sure we'll trade off anybody but the pending UFAs.

Last edited by Brodeur: 01-21-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old
01-21-2011, 01:57 PM
KingCanadain1976

Well i was going with the asumption he would fall to us on the wire which is a big assumption because ur right he might not, I disagree with you I think quick would be a huge upgrade on what they have in philly and any of the 3 lws coming back would be a decent fristline fit for kopitar. I think quick has proven hes a starter in the nhl so he would solve the phily goalie search for a while.
Next in Nj ur right they are building a new team so why wouldnt u want a young proven number 1 to build it around. Marty is going to retire soon ( 1 2 years tops or trade him who wouldnt want hiim to to be that final piece to the puzzle (washington comes to mind) As for trading for the hurt parise even if we don't get him this year hes still on the team for years to come and his talent dont come cheap.

As for washington Quick is a way better option especailly if u send a defenseman with

Old
01-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
I disagree with you I think quick would be a huge upgrade on what they have in philly and any of the 3 lws coming back would be a decent fristline fit for kopitar. I think quick has proven hes a starter in the nhl so he would solve the phily goalie search for a while.
I would still think that they go with Carter+Bobrovsky over Quick. Don't know if Hartnell or JVR would be the answer for the first line LW spot.

Quote:
Next in Nj ur right they are building a new team so why wouldnt u want a young proven number 1 to build it around. Marty is going to retire soon ( 1 2 years tops or trade him who wouldnt want hiim to to be that final piece to the puzzle
Brodeur's signed through 2011-12. For better or worse, he's still going to go into next season as the #1. Quick simply would be wasted if he's in a spot where he's splitting starts. It's not like the Devils don't want a young #1, but realistically it's something they'll address in earnest in July 2012 when there's 10 million freed up between Brodeur and Rolston's expiring contracts.

At least that's what I would do, but lately Lou's been doing some illogical things.

Quote:
As for washington Quick is a way better option especailly if u send a defenseman with
Even though they might have trouble signing Semin to a longterm deal, I'd imagine they'd rather have Semin + Varlamov/Neuvirth than no Semin + Quick for the playoffs. Goaltending hasn't really been a big problem for the Caps even though everybody wants them to get a more established name in net.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:36 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I would still think that they go with Carter+Bobrovsky over Quick. Don't know if Hartnell or JVR would be the answer for the first line LW spot.
Its not like I'm thinking a straight one for one there would be other on each side added

Brodeur's signed through 2011-12. For better or worse, he's still going to go into next season as the #1. Quick simply would be wasted if he's in a spot where he's splitting starts. It's not like the Devils don't want a young #1, but realistically it's something they'll address in earnest in July 2012 when there's 10 million freed up between Brodeur and Rolston's expiring contracts.

At least that's what I would do, but lately Lou's been doing some illogical things.

Well i also think lou is a gone soon as well and as soon as lou is gone i think marty either asks to be traded or retires.

Even though they might have trouble signing Semin to a longterm deal, I'd imagine they'd rather have Semin + Varlamov/Neuvirth than no Semin + Quick for the playoffs. Goaltending hasn't really been a big problem for the Caps even though everybody wants them to get a more established name in net.
again it wasnt just quick for semin there would be others in the deal

Old
01-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Brodeur

And it also comes down to the goalie market being inundated. Halak only netted Montreal a good prospect in Lars Eller. Can't remember too many recent deals where a goalie was traded and yielded established NHL talent in return. Luongo got Bertuzzi/Allen and Giguere got Blake/Toskala but almost every other goalie trade has been for picks/prospects.

Old
01-21-2011, 06:19 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Carter just signed a mega deal in Philly so I can't see him being moved. There are other very good NHL caliber lw's available and for less than Quick. The trade deadline will reveal them but you should start looking at talented system kids before established roster players.

Old
01-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Johnny Utah

Why are we talking about trading Quick? Bernier has been no savier this year...Until dude steals the job and takes us into the playoffs, it's not worth trading either.

Old
01-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
philly needs better goaltending so does washington maybe new jersy wanting a replacement for marty (got to retire at some point) just 3 off the top of my head
Bruins fan here- been following a lot of the talk and whenever I'm in the presser for games in Boston I'm checking out the scout list to see who you guys are sending.

Anyways, not here to comment on the Bruins-Kings possibilities as much as to give a bit of insight on the goalie idea. Out of those 3 teams, the only one that might bite on a deal I believe would be New Jersey. Washington has been rather set on their 2 young guys in net and letting 1 work into the true #1 they believe both can be. Philly doesn't believe in spending on goalies- they've had the chance to make deals to make themselves better in that area in the past few years and continue to pass over it. The only way they'll pay for a goalie is if they're truly the upper echelon of keepers, and even then...

If Jersey feels that the backstop of their team is what is going to lead to success and they want to start a retweak/rebuild from the back then you might be able to strike a deal with them. The other 2 though, I think would be extremely hard to get locked down.

Good luck with the up coming games- love watching the kings as I'm a night owl and I usually pick them as my 2nd game of the night when I can. Here's to breaking out of the slump...after Monday night.

Cheers

Old
01-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Johnny Utah

Mason Raymond is in his coaches doghouse and played the past 2 games on the 4th line. Kid scored 25 goals last year and is only 26 and probably one of the top 5 fastest skaters in the league.

Old
01-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Mason Raymond is in his coaches doghouse and played the past 2 games on the 4th line. Kid scored 25 goals last year and is only 26 and probably one of the top 5 fastest skaters in the league.
Does he have grit and character?
Can he play the dump and chase?
Any tattoos?

Old
01-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Duc620

Not much chance Vancouver's going to help Kopitar out...

Old
01-21-2011, 09:13 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Mason Raymond would be a great ****ing pickup, too bad our manager doesn't give a call and see what's up. I'd honestly be willing to give up Hickey for him

Old
01-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Does he have grit and character?
Can he play the dump and chase?
Any tattoos?
Great questions thats what DL and TM will be looking at.I think Mason Raymond would be a great pickup especially only giving up Hickey or a high pick.
Would San Jose be open to giving someone up for a D prospect?

Last edited by Nose of Sutter: 01-21-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old
01-21-2011, 09:26 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Mason Raymond would be a great ****ing pickup, too bad our manager doesn't give a call and see what's up. I'd honestly be willing to give up Hickey for him
Why would the Canucks do that? They're gearing up for their cup run, doesn't make sense to trade one of their better players.

Old
01-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
If we're going to make a trade like that I guarantee Simmonds would go the other way. When we traded POS for Willy we thought it was crazy. Well, when one of these guys gets shipped out, it's going to be something like that.

Old
01-21-2011, 10:01 PM
no name

Anyone think that maybe it's Bernier that requested trade?

Old
01-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
That's a possibility, but where would we send him?

Old
01-21-2011, 11:00 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmondsSensation View Post
That's a possibility, but where would we send him?
He's always been emotional. I don't think he thinks that far ahead.

Old
01-21-2011, 11:01 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Doubt it. Every place he would be traded to, he'd probably be in the same position he is right now, a back up. He knew coming into this year that he would be the back up. It's not like he was the #1 and got unseated or like he's been riding the pine for 3 years.

Old
01-22-2011, 11:25 AM
remer

A Bruin- Kings deal seems to make sense.

Boston needs a true PMD.

LA has been scouting Boston for the past two weeks, so it sounds like something is up.

They ahve been in Boston and last night in Providence.

What the deal is for, who knows?

Old
01-22-2011, 11:55 AM
scramble91

Great spark the Ryder, savard, or wheeler rumors again.

Don't want any of them

Old
01-22-2011, 09:24 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
Great spark the Ryder, savard, or wheeler rumors again.

Don't want any of them
Savard is hurt again-so he's gotta be a Lombardi target! Ryder would be a disaster in Murray's system much like Mark Parrish was. Wheeler is intriguing, is he another 40 point forward or is his celing higher? Would he do better with less pressure and more playing time?

Closed Thread