HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Columbus - Ottawa

Old
01-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Pyke*

vCash: 500
Columbus - Ottawa

Ryan Johansen

David Rundblad
3rd Round Pick, 2011 NHL Entry Draft

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

I'd probably do it

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Center is a need. While D is as well there are more than a few promising candidates in the pipeline, Moore, Savard, Goloubef, Holden, Ruth and others. Centers.... not so much.

Pass

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Center is a need. While D is as well there are more than a few promising candidates in the pipeline, Moore, Savard, Goloubef, Holden, Ruth and others. Centers.... not so much.

Pass
None of those D are on the same level as Rundblad...

Old
01-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Maybe.... maybe not...

We have been looking for even the possibility of a front line center since day one. Johansen has all the makings.

Pass

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Volt

No thanks

Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

It's not just about talent, it's also about team needs.

CBJ don't need D prospects.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:52 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Cant think of why Columbus does this. If you think Johansen is worth adding a 3rd, you can be sure that Columbus would want a lot more than that. Johansen is a better prospect, they're not gonna give him up over a 20% chance at getting a semi-servicable NHLer.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Cant think of why Columbus does this. If you think Johansen is worth adding a 3rd, you can be sure that Columbus would want a lot more than that. Johansen is a better prospect, they're not gonna give him up over a 20% chance at getting a semi-servicable NHLer.
I don't think he's worth adding a 3rd, but I'm willing to give up a third if Columbus fans feel that it means I think their prospect is "better".

I have seen many Columbus fans say they need a #1 D, Rundblad potentially is that. I don't think Rundblad for Johansen is an absurd proposition.

Old
01-21-2011, 08:03 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
I don't think he's worth adding a 3rd, but I'm willing to give up a third if Columbus fans feel that it means I think their prospect is "better".

I have seen many Columbus fans say they need a #1 D, Rundblad potentially is that. I don't think Rundblad for Johansen is an absurd proposition.
No its certainly not absurd and in my opinion its very close to being fair, but I'm just saying I don't think Columbus would do it.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:

Columbus JUST drafted him fourth overall this year, I doubt they'd want to give up on him just yet.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Columbus JUST drafted him fourth overall this year, I doubt they'd want to give up on him just yet.
I don't think it's giving up on him, I think it's just trading a great prospect for another great prospect.

As it happens, you're right those deals aren't that common -but it's not unheard of. I also think #1D > #1C in importance, but I think Ottawa has to trade one of Karlsson/Cowen/Rundblad to secure an elite forward.

Old
01-21-2011, 08:15 PM
SammyTheBull

**** off with trying to trade away our best prospects.

SammyTheBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyTheBull View Post
**** off with trying to trade away our best prospects.
You need to give to get.

I want to trade Rundblad to get another good prospect, not for scraps.

Blue chip for blue chip.

Old
01-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Rainman2408

Quote:

Ryan Johansen

David Rundblad
3rd Round Pick, 2011 NHL Entry Draft

From a completely unbias opinion as I am not a fan of either team.

Johansen is a much more valuable prospect thn Runblad IMO and I don't think a 3rd makes the difference. A 2nd is closer but still not quite there I don't think. At least I wouldn't be happy if I was a columbus fan anyway.

Nice proposal though. Really addresses both teams needs and I could see something like this going down..

Rainman2408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 09:04 PM
SpezDispenser

No way.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 09:43 PM
HSF

Rundblad + a 3rd?

this proposal is in full retard mode.

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Crede777
Deputized

No?

If we wanted a defenseman we would have drafted Fowler or Gormley. Instead, Howson obviously thinks the priority is center. Plus we have a good chance to draft one of Murphy / Hamilton / Siemens this year.

Better idea for Ottawa would be to draft Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. If they aren't picking high enough they would use one of Rundblad/Cowen as leverage plus a pick to get in. Essentially zero in on a player you want from this draft and move one of them in order to move up the board and get him.

Last edited by Crede777: 01-21-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
No?

If we wanted a defenseman we would have drafted Fowler or Gormley. Instead, Howson obviously thinks the priority is center. Plus we have a good chance to draft one of Murphy / Hamilton / Siemens this year.

Better idea for Ottawa would be to draft Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. If they aren't picking high enough they would use one of Rundblad/Cowen as leverage plus a pick to get in. Essentially zero in on a player you want from this draft and move one of them in order to move up the board and get him.
We're not going to deal Rundblad or Cowen AND a top 10 pick to move up. That's absolutely absurd, and shows a complete lack of understanding as to the value of Cowen and Rundblad.

The fact that fans of both teams are speaking out against this deal as ridiculous just goes to show how fair the proposal probably is in this context (value wise, at least).

Old
01-21-2011, 10:20 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
We're not going to deal Rundblad or Cowen AND a top 10 pick to move up. That's absolutely absurd, and shows a complete lack of understanding as to the value of Cowen and Rundblad.

The fact that fans of both teams are speaking out against this deal as ridiculous just goes to show how fair the proposal probably is in this context (value wise, at least).
or it goes to show that despite rundblad being a good prospect, he is not at all what the jackets need with an abundance of their own d prospects (moore, goloubef, savard, holden, among others) so giving away a prospect who is as good (or better), at a position of extreme need, makes ZERO sense.

moving on

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
or it goes to show that despite rundblad being a good prospect, he is not at all what the jackets need with an abundance of their own d prospects (moore, goloubef, savard, holden, among others) so giving away a prospect who is as good (or better), at a position of extreme need, makes ZERO sense.

moving on
I can understand Columbus not wanting to make the deal for prospects in their system (though, as I said, I don't think any of those defense prospects are on the same Tier as Rundblad... it would be like us using Jim O'Brien or Silverberg as an example of why Johansen is useless to us)...

But that still doesn't answer the question of whether the theoretical value is there - and I think the thread shows it is.

There are Columbus fans, btw, who would probably put potential #1D over potential #1C.

Old
01-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Ludicrous Speed

I would trade Johansen for an established defenseman that would help now, not another prospect though.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:46 PM
topscot78

How about:

Johansen
1st 2011

for

Rundblad
1st 2011

CBJ does it to move up giving the Sens performance, potentially lottery pick and should be able to draft Nugent Hopkins or Huberdeau to provide a blue chip prospect at C.

Sens do it to get Johansen and can draft Siemens, Hamilton or Murphy with the move down a few spots into the CBJ spot in the draft.

Basically draft works out as Murphy and Johansen for Nugent-Hopkins/Huberdeau and Rundblad.

I think this may actually work for both sides.

topscot78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscot78 View Post
How about:

Johansen
1st 2011

for

Rundblad
1st 2011

CBJ does it to move up giving the Sens performance, potentially lottery pick and should be able to draft Nugent Hopkins or Huberdeau to provide a blue chip prospect at C.

Sens do it to get Johansen and can draft Siemens, Hamilton or Murphy with the move down a few spots into the CBJ spot in the draft.

Basically draft works out as Murphy and Johansen for Nugent-Hopkins/Huberdeau and Rundblad.

I think this may actually work for both sides.
I don't think it does. If Ottawa has a chance at a lottery pick, we'd rather RNH and Rundblad over Johansen and whoever.

Rundblad is leading the SEL in points from the blueline. He's an outstanding prospect. The only reason that's attractive to trade him is to get depth up front (and Karlsson is our #1 for the foreseeable future, making him expendable to get a top talent - if the deal is there).

Old
01-21-2011, 11:25 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by topscot78 View Post
How about:

Johansen
1st 2011