HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Columbus - Ottawa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2011, 06:57 PM
  #1
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Columbus - Ottawa



Ryan Johansen



David Rundblad
3rd Round Pick, 2011 NHL Entry Draft

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:59 PM
  #2
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling
 
Jovavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: IR with CBJ
Country: Qatar
Posts: 10,829
vCash: 500
I'd probably do it

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:25 PM
  #3
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Center is a need. While D is as well there are more than a few promising candidates in the pipeline, Moore, Savard, Goloubef, Holden, Ruth and others. Centers.... not so much.

Pass

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:26 PM
  #4
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Center is a need. While D is as well there are more than a few promising candidates in the pipeline, Moore, Savard, Goloubef, Holden, Ruth and others. Centers.... not so much.

Pass
None of those D are on the same level as Rundblad...

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:32 PM
  #5
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Maybe.... maybe not...

We have been looking for even the possibility of a front line center since day one. Johansen has all the makings.

Pass

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:33 PM
  #6
Volt
Registered User
 
Volt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
No thanks

Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:50 PM
  #7
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,956
vCash: 500
It's not just about talent, it's also about team needs.

CBJ don't need D prospects.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:52 PM
  #8
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Cant think of why Columbus does this. If you think Johansen is worth adding a 3rd, you can be sure that Columbus would want a lot more than that. Johansen is a better prospect, they're not gonna give him up over a 20% chance at getting a semi-servicable NHLer.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:55 PM
  #9
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Cant think of why Columbus does this. If you think Johansen is worth adding a 3rd, you can be sure that Columbus would want a lot more than that. Johansen is a better prospect, they're not gonna give him up over a 20% chance at getting a semi-servicable NHLer.
I don't think he's worth adding a 3rd, but I'm willing to give up a third if Columbus fans feel that it means I think their prospect is "better".

I have seen many Columbus fans say they need a #1 D, Rundblad potentially is that. I don't think Rundblad for Johansen is an absurd proposition.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 08:03 PM
  #10
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
I don't think he's worth adding a 3rd, but I'm willing to give up a third if Columbus fans feel that it means I think their prospect is "better".

I have seen many Columbus fans say they need a #1 D, Rundblad potentially is that. I don't think Rundblad for Johansen is an absurd proposition.
No its certainly not absurd and in my opinion its very close to being fair, but I'm just saying I don't think Columbus would do it.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 08:07 PM
  #11
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
I don't think he's worth adding a 3rd, but I'm willing to give up a third if Columbus fans feel that it means I think their prospect is "better".

I have seen many Columbus fans say they need a #1 D, Rundblad potentially is that. I don't think Rundblad for Johansen is an absurd proposition.
Columbus JUST drafted him fourth overall this year, I doubt they'd want to give up on him just yet.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 08:11 PM
  #12
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Columbus JUST drafted him fourth overall this year, I doubt they'd want to give up on him just yet.
I don't think it's giving up on him, I think it's just trading a great prospect for another great prospect.

As it happens, you're right those deals aren't that common -but it's not unheard of. I also think #1D > #1C in importance, but I think Ottawa has to trade one of Karlsson/Cowen/Rundblad to secure an elite forward.




Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 08:15 PM
  #13
SammyTheBull
Registered User
 
SammyTheBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,517
vCash: 500
**** off with trying to trade away our best prospects.

SammyTheBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 08:17 PM
  #14
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyTheBull View Post
**** off with trying to trade away our best prospects.
You need to give to get.

I want to trade Rundblad to get another good prospect, not for scraps.

Blue chip for blue chip.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 08:42 PM
  #15
Rainman2408
Registered User
 
Rainman2408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post


Ryan Johansen



David Rundblad
3rd Round Pick, 2011 NHL Entry Draft

From a completely unbias opinion as I am not a fan of either team.

Johansen is a much more valuable prospect thn Runblad IMO and I don't think a 3rd makes the difference. A 2nd is closer but still not quite there I don't think. At least I wouldn't be happy if I was a columbus fan anyway.

Nice proposal though. Really addresses both teams needs and I could see something like this going down..

Rainman2408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 09:04 PM
  #16
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,547
vCash: 500
No way.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 09:43 PM
  #17
HSF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,399
vCash: 500
Rundblad + a 3rd?


this proposal is in full retard mode.

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 09:58 PM
  #18
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,681
vCash: 500
No?

If we wanted a defenseman we would have drafted Fowler or Gormley. Instead, Howson obviously thinks the priority is center. Plus we have a good chance to draft one of Murphy / Hamilton / Siemens this year.

Better idea for Ottawa would be to draft Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. If they aren't picking high enough they would use one of Rundblad/Cowen as leverage plus a pick to get in. Essentially zero in on a player you want from this draft and move one of them in order to move up the board and get him.


Last edited by Crede777: 01-21-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:16 PM
  #19
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
No?

If we wanted a defenseman we would have drafted Fowler or Gormley. Instead, Howson obviously thinks the priority is center. Plus we have a good chance to draft one of Murphy / Hamilton / Siemens this year.

Better idea for Ottawa would be to draft Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. If they aren't picking high enough they would use one of Rundblad/Cowen as leverage plus a pick to get in. Essentially zero in on a player you want from this draft and move one of them in order to move up the board and get him.
We're not going to deal Rundblad or Cowen AND a top 10 pick to move up. That's absolutely absurd, and shows a complete lack of understanding as to the value of Cowen and Rundblad.

The fact that fans of both teams are speaking out against this deal as ridiculous just goes to show how fair the proposal probably is in this context (value wise, at least).

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:20 PM
  #20
wahsnairb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
We're not going to deal Rundblad or Cowen AND a top 10 pick to move up. That's absolutely absurd, and shows a complete lack of understanding as to the value of Cowen and Rundblad.

The fact that fans of both teams are speaking out against this deal as ridiculous just goes to show how fair the proposal probably is in this context (value wise, at least).
or it goes to show that despite rundblad being a good prospect, he is not at all what the jackets need with an abundance of their own d prospects (moore, goloubef, savard, holden, among others) so giving away a prospect who is as good (or better), at a position of extreme need, makes ZERO sense.




moving on

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:27 PM
  #21
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
or it goes to show that despite rundblad being a good prospect, he is not at all what the jackets need with an abundance of their own d prospects (moore, goloubef, savard, holden, among others) so giving away a prospect who is as good (or better), at a position of extreme need, makes ZERO sense.

moving on
I can understand Columbus not wanting to make the deal for prospects in their system (though, as I said, I don't think any of those defense prospects are on the same Tier as Rundblad... it would be like us using Jim O'Brien or Silverberg as an example of why Johansen is useless to us)...

But that still doesn't answer the question of whether the theoretical value is there - and I think the thread shows it is.

There are Columbus fans, btw, who would probably put potential #1D over potential #1C.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:39 PM
  #22
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 11,052
vCash: 500
I would trade Johansen for an established defenseman that would help now, not another prospect though.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:46 PM
  #23
topscot78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
How about:

Johansen
1st 2011

for

Rundblad
1st 2011

CBJ does it to move up giving the Sens performance, potentially lottery pick and should be able to draft Nugent Hopkins or Huberdeau to provide a blue chip prospect at C.

Sens do it to get Johansen and can draft Siemens, Hamilton or Murphy with the move down a few spots into the CBJ spot in the draft.

Basically draft works out as Murphy and Johansen for Nugent-Hopkins/Huberdeau and Rundblad.

I think this may actually work for both sides.

topscot78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:55 PM
  #24
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topscot78 View Post
How about:

Johansen
1st 2011

for

Rundblad
1st 2011

CBJ does it to move up giving the Sens performance, potentially lottery pick and should be able to draft Nugent Hopkins or Huberdeau to provide a blue chip prospect at C.

Sens do it to get Johansen and can draft Siemens, Hamilton or Murphy with the move down a few spots into the CBJ spot in the draft.

Basically draft works out as Murphy and Johansen for Nugent-Hopkins/Huberdeau and Rundblad.

I think this may actually work for both sides.
I don't think it does. If Ottawa has a chance at a lottery pick, we'd rather RNH and Rundblad over Johansen and whoever.

Rundblad is leading the SEL in points from the blueline. He's an outstanding prospect. The only reason that's attractive to trade him is to get depth up front (and Karlsson is our #1 for the foreseeable future, making him expendable to get a top talent - if the deal is there).

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:25 PM
  #25
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,664
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by topscot78 View Post
How about:

Johansen
1st 2011

for

Rundblad
1st 2011
Sens get robbed

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.