HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Columbus - Ottawa

Old
01-21-2011, 11:10 PM
4thliner*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topscot78 View Post
How about:

Johansen
1st 2011

for

Rundblad
1st 2011

CBJ does it to move up giving the Sens performance, potentially lottery pick and should be able to draft Nugent Hopkins or Huberdeau to provide a blue chip prospect at C.

Sens do it to get Johansen and can draft Siemens, Hamilton or Murphy with the move down a few spots into the CBJ spot in the draft.

Basically draft works out as Murphy and Johansen for Nugent-Hopkins/Huberdeau and Rundblad.

I think this may actually work for both sides.
If Rundblad can play some D at the NHL level, he is essentially a bigger version of Karlsson.

Would I trade Erik Kralsson for Johansson....not a chance

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
No, no other explanation is needed.

Doug19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
No, no other explanation is needed.
In the sense that you never need to explain any position, sure.

In terms of value, I think there is one needed.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:51 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
I can understand Columbus not wanting to make the deal for prospects in their system (though, as I said, I don't think any of those defense prospects are on the same Tier as Rundblad... it would be like us using Jim O'Brien or Silverberg as an example of why Johansen is useless to us)...

But that still doesn't answer the question of whether the theoretical value is there - and I think the thread shows it is.

There are Columbus fans, btw, who would probably put potential #1D over potential #1C.
They MAY not be. But you know what I do know? THERE ISN'T ANOTHER CENTER IN THE JACKETS ORGANIZATION ANYWHERE CLOSE TO AS GOOD AS JOHANSEN.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

value wise...pretty good...but that said...i'll pass just b/c of many of the reasons above...johan is a much needed prospect where we have many 1/2/3's in the pipeline for defense...

the johan for rundblad and swap of 1st tho is somewhat tempting...

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:14 AM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
value wise...pretty good...but that said...i'll pass just b/c of many of the reasons above...johan is a much needed prospect where we have many 1/2/3's in the pipeline for defense...

the johan for rundblad and swap of 1st tho is somewhat tempting...
Not to Sens fans. It's not even remotely close to fair value (given the fact Rundblad and Johansen are basically equal value prospects, and the firsts are not close to equal at all).

Old
01-22-2011, 01:48 AM
Doug19

Quote:
In the sense that you never need to explain any position, sure.

In terms of value, I think there is one needed.
Who cares about value? The needs aren't there.

Old
01-22-2011, 02:15 AM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Who cares about value? The needs aren't there.
I've seen plenty of CBJ fans say they need a #1 defenseman.

I also know plenty of people who rank #1D > #1C > #1W....

Old
01-22-2011, 08:22 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Not to Sens fans. It's not even remotely close to fair value (given the fact Rundblad and Johansen are basically equal value prospects, and the firsts are not close to equal at all).
thus why it intrigued me

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 08:24 AM
wilfred

Quote:

Pyke I agree with you that we should look at trading one of our top d-prospects for a top forward prospect, but I don't think CLB would do this.

The only way I see CLB trading Johansen it is a deal that revolves around Spezza or Karlsson and I don't blame them.

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

Huh... I think its kinda way too soon to be calling Rundblad a #1 Dman, or even a potential possible maybe one.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 08:44 AM
noBSleafsFAN

Quote:

Ryan Johansen

David Rundblad
3rd Round Pick, 2011 NHL Entry Draft
Don't think Columbus wants to trade Johansen.

noBSleafsFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 08:58 AM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
Pyke I agree with you that we should look at trading one of our top d-prospects for a top forward prospect, but I don't think CLB would do this.

The only way I see CLB trading Johansen it is a deal that revolves around Spezza or Karlsson and I don't blame them.
Ya and the only way Ottawa trades Rundblad if it revolves around Nash

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Hale The Villain

Done. Solid trade for both teams IMO.

Rundblad has 30P in 39GP in the SEL as a defenseman. That's unheard of. I firmly believe he can be a #1 defenseman, His coach thinks so too.

Johansen was awsome in the WJC and has #1 center potential. Exactly what we need. He's a future Spezza if he reaches his full potential.

Fits both teams needs (Rundblad would be your best d prospect by far) and besides draft positions, which hardly mean ****. It's completely fair.

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
I have seen many Columbus fans say they need a #1 D, Rundblad potentially is that. I don't think Rundblad for Johansen is an absurd proposition.
There's an issue there. We need a guy who can play top pairing right now, not potentially so in the future. We have three "potential" guys developing in the system already.

The value is there, and I like Rundblad (and he is one of the few defense prospects we could actually trade for, since he's not presently in the AHL), but the state of our system is such that we need Johansen more.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Nikita Filatov

You guys got Rundblad by trading your pick in the last draft to get him.... And the 16th overall pick, you think that he's worth Johansen? Let alone that we need him? And please withthe guy saying Rundblad is on a different "tier" then any of our defense prospects. He was picked what, 4 picks before Moore?

Nikita Filatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
You guys got Rundblad by trading your pick in the last draft to get him.... And the 16th overall pick, you think that he's worth Johansen? Let alone that we need him? And please withthe guy saying Rundblad is on a different "tier" then any of our defense prospects. He was picked what, 4 picks before Moore?
Rundblad wasn't leading the SEL in scoring from the blueline when we traded for him. The consensus is that his value has shot up since then.

Old
01-22-2011, 12:00 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
When was the last time it mattered were in the draft you were picked?

What player you develop into at the end in the NHL is what matters

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Rundblad may well project higher - or at least have a higher possibility of beijng a #1 - than any of the CBJ blueline prospects. Granted.

But CBJ have nothing behind Johanson in terms of possible #1 C prospects, while they have a reasonable pool of possible top-pair defensemen.

It's not about who might become better at their position, and it's not about whether Rundblad (who I liked and wanted the CBJ to draft) is better than the Jackets' current defense prospects. And since Rundblad is still a prospect, well...

It's about numbers and options at the affected positions.

Which also means any discussion of fair value is also moot.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 01-22-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Doug19

Quote:

Yeah, what is your point? I don't see you offering one.

Old
01-22-2011, 12:32 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:

Ryan Johansen

David Rundblad
3rd Round Pick, 2011 NHL Entry Draft
From a Columbus perspective this is a bad deal.

#1 C are much more valuable than #1 D

Columbus has exactly ONE prospect in the system who has #1 c potential.

Columbus has 2-3 prospects who might be a #1 d.

If Columbus felt another #1 d prospect was as desirable, they would have chosen Fowler or Gormley at the draft.

Then of course you argue that Johansen and Rundblad are equal value, but in fact you've offered Rundblad + in multiple threads. Methinks thou dost protest too much.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Done. Solid trade for both teams IMO.

Rundblad has 30P in 39GP in the SEL as a defenseman. That's unheard of. I firmly believe he can be a #1 defenseman, His coach thinks so too.

Johansen was awsome in the WJC and has #1 center potential. Exactly what we need. He's a future Spezza if he reaches his full potential.

Fits both teams needs (Rundblad would be your best d prospect by far) and besides draft positions, which hardly mean ****. It's completely fair.

No, no it doesn't make sense!

Like I said, explain to me why Howson passed on Fowler for Johansen, and THEN tried to get back into the mix to draft Fowler? Howson knew Fowler's upside because he hired the Spitfires head coach Bob Boughner before the draft and had been extensively scouting Fowler.

The only answer is because Howson values Johansen over a #1 D prospect. It's irrelevant what "some" CBJ fans think. Howson asked for Eberle straight up for Johansen. Do you think Anaheim would trade Fowler straight up for Rundblad? Do you think the Oilers would trade Eberle straight up for Rundblad?

No.

We're happy with our current defensive prospects and, if we REALLY need a top tier defensive prospect, we can easily draft one in the upcoming draft.

The real value of Rundblad would be Filatov straight up, and even then I doubt Howson wants to move him. Howson's sticking to the core he created of Brassard, Voracek, Johansen, Filatov, Moore, and Mason. This trade is extremely unrealistic because I know, and you SHOULD know, that the Jackets GM would never do it.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote