Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stars 4 Flames 7

Old
01-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
To me the difference between Kipper and Karlsson as of late is that Kipper has not been giving the Flames a chance to win games. He lets in soft goals early on in the game, and that takes the Flames out of the game basically because they are trying to catch up. While Karlsson was average last night, he did enough to get the win.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 02:02 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
To me the difference between Kipper and Karlsson as of late is that Kipper has not been giving the Flames a chance to win games. He lets in soft goals early on in the game, and that takes the Flames out of the game basically because they are trying to catch up. While Karlsson was average last night, he did enough to get the win.
Karlson did the exact same thing last night though. Those first two goals that got us behind should not have gone in.

And Kipper's 6 GA against the Wild would've qualified as "enough to get the win" last night.

I'll be shocked if Karlson starts.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck91 View Post
Karlson did the exact same thing last night though. Those first two goals that got us behind should not have gone in.

And Kipper's 6 GA against the Wild would've qualified as "enough to get the win" last night.

I'll be shocked if Karlson starts.
That doesn't matter though because it totally changes the context of the game. The Flames came out way better in the 2nd against the Wild, then got scored on and the wind was taken out of their sails. If the Wild never got that 3rd goal when they did and Flames scored first, the chances of them getting 6 goals is slim. The momentum shifts to Calgary and its an entirely different hockey game. Dallas' 3rd and 4th goals last night were scored when the game was out of reach. The Flames were getting lazy with their defensive zone coverage. Anyways, my point is Kipper is not making the saves he normally does to give his team a chance when they need it. Karlsson wasn't great last night, but he was still better than Kipper's poor stretch as of late.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote