HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

New contracts for Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Boyle

Old
01-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I see 1.5 at the very most. What I think will happen, though, is that Boyler will see he's getting a 100% increase in pay, Drury's coming off the books, and he needs to keep up his play for more than this season before getting payed like a good NHLer.

I like Boyle and I don't think he'll throw the organization under a bus with such a cap-tight year being followed by much more freedom.
1.5 will probably only get us a 1 year deal, he turns 27 and will be an unrestricted free agent if he only signs a 1 year deal. I think Sather will sign him to a 3 year deal and overpay just a small amount to buy a year off free agency. That is what I would do.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
He has cooled off a lot lately, and he also gets some PP time. I guarantee he doesnt pot 30. He is not getting 400% of what his salary is now. I love Boyle, but his contract isnt based on what HF boards raves about, its his performance as a ranger.
See my previous post, if we only sign him to a 1-year deal and play hardball he is eligible to become a UFA as he turns 27. Mighty risky, also his minutes are starting to increase and his role with all the injuries, I don't think 30 is out of the question. It isn't very likely, but who would have thought he would be the 2nd leading goal scorer so far playing on the 3rd line. You overpay to lock him up a bit longer, and we aren't talking millions and millions, we are talking close to 2 million.

Old
01-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
See my previous post, if we only sign him to a 1-year deal and play hardball he is eligible to become a UFA as he turns 27. Mighty risky, also his minutes are starting to increase and his role with all the injuries, I don't think 30 is out of the questions. It isn't very likely, but who would have thought he would be the 2nd leading goal scorer so far playing on the 3rd line. You overpay to lock him up a bit longer, and we aren't talking millions and millions, we are talking close to 2 million.
Yeah, I see 1.5 at max for 2-3 years.

It's just hes getting so many minutes because of ALL the injuries. We have to pay a lot of people, and leave room open for some other options.

Boyle isnt at the top of our list this summer.

Dubi, Callahan, and Richards are probably the top tier.

Then Anisimov.

Then Boyle, and Sauer.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50

Anisimov is likely going to hit near 40 points in his sophmore season in the NHL.

He logs tons of PK time, is only 22, can play all roles, including bottom 6 if need be.

His only disadvantages are stamina and faceoffs.

This kid is either a future solid 2nd line center, or a fantastic 3rd line center? Why give up on him now?

Keep all of our RFAs, dont QO Gilroy but try to get him cheaper.

Dubinsky; 5 years, 22 million dollars
Callahan; 6 years, 24 million dollars
Anisimov; 2 years, 2 mil per
Boyle; Either 1 year, 1.75 mil or 3 years, 6 mil
Sauer; 2 years, 3.1 mil (Girardi contract)

01-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Yeah, I see 1.5 at max for 2-3 years.

It's just hes getting so many minutes because of ALL the injuries. We have to pay a lot of people, and leave room open for some other options.

Boyle isnt at the top of our list this summer.

Dubi, Callahan, and Richards are probably the top tier.

Then Anisimov.

Then Boyle, and Sauer.
I still don't see the need to throw several million at an aging Richards. It's more of the same thing we've been doing since Sather got here and it hasn't worked yet. It never will. People tell Sather he's a moron for Gomez and Drury, and then they want him to sign Richards. If we did get Richards, I guarantee you two weeks into the season it'd be "what the hell was Sather thinking?" Also, that's quite a list you've got there. You must think we're operating under the Yankee's cap.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post

Anisimov is likely going to hit near 40 points in his sophmore season in the NHL.

He logs tons of PK time, is only 22, can play all roles, including bottom 6 if need be.

His only disadvantages are stamina and faceoffs.

This kid is either a future solid 2nd line center, or a fantastic 3rd line center? Why give up on him now?

Keep all of our RFAs, dont QO Gilroy but try to get him cheaper.

Dubinsky; 5 years, 22 million dollars
Callahan; 6 years, 24 million dollars
Anisimov; 2 years, 2 mil per
Boyle; Either 1 year, 1.75 mil or 3 years, 6 mil
Sauer; 2 years, 3.1 mil (Girardi contract)
I agree with most of this, think cally might get a LITTLE less that that. Duby I can see at 5 years 20 mil. Anisimov I feel like thats what he gets. I could see 3 years 5 mil for Boyle.

You think Sauer will get 1.55?

Old
01-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Leetch66

I wonder what Callahan will have left in his tank after about 3-4 more years of playing his type of game ? I don't think I would go more than 3 on him...but I would do a cheapie long term on Boyle in a heartbeat !

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 04:11 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
I already consider Anisimov a legitimately solid 3rd line center. I don't get why he can't be a 1B type guy - he's certainly talented enough, and he's intelligent beyond his years in terms of defensive hockey.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
I agree with most of this, think cally might get a LITTLE less that that. Duby I can see at 5 years 20 mil. Anisimov I feel like thats what he gets. I could see 3 years 5 mil for Boyle.

You think Sauer will get 1.55?
Girardi got 2 years, 3.1 mil after similar credentials.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cheesecake factory

I don't see boyle taking at less than 1.5-1.75, and I can't see the rangers not giving him that...his production on the PK/being a two way forward, and his redic amount of goals is so valuable

cheesecake factory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I still don't see the need to throw several million at an aging Richards. It's more of the same thing we've been doing since Sather got here and it hasn't worked yet. It never will. People tell Sather he's a moron for Gomez and Drury, and then they want him to sign Richards. If we did get Richards, I guarantee you two weeks into the season it'd be "what the hell was Sather thinking?" Also, that's quite a list you've got there. You must think we're operating under the Yankee's cap.
Quite a list I have gotten there?

It was:

Dubinksy
Callahan
Anisomov
Boyle
Sauer

Richards...

I guarantee you that list is on every Ranger's fan mind, and on Slats mind. Its 5 RFA's and a top,top,top center. He is only going to be 31, and has shown no signs of slowing down.

So no I am not operating on the yankees cap, I am operating on the Rangers needs.

Old
01-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Girardi got 2 years, 3.1 mil after similar credentials.
Yeah you're right. Girardi probably had a little more points, and Sauer with a better +/-.

Old
01-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Quite a list I have gotten there?

It was:

Dubinksy
Callahan
Anisomov
Boyle
Sauer

Richards...

I guarantee you that list is on every Ranger's fan mind, and on Slats mind. Its 5 RFA's and a top,top,top center. He is only going to be 31, and has shown no signs of slowing down.

So no I am not operating on the yankees cap, I am operating on the Rangers needs.
I still don't see the cap space we're going to need for all that. And I absolutely, positively, do not want Brad Richards anywhere near this team. I'm tellin you I can smell him. He's got that Drury, Redden, Frolov, Gomez stench all over him. It's going to be another free agent failure. Richards might be the logical choice, but my gut is telling me to avoid Richards like the black plague. Unfortunately the Rangers don't operate on my gut, and I don't expect them to. But that's just my take on Richards.

Old
01-22-2011, 04:27 PM
XLJ

Dubinsky got 3.7 million for two years. I think Arty gets between 3.5-3.8 million for 2 years.

Dubinsky 4 years for 16.5 million
Callahan 4 years for 15 million
Boyle 1 year 1.5 million

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
I think Arty gets between 3.5-3.8 million for 2 years.
For what? 40 points?

Old
01-22-2011, 04:30 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
For what? 40 points?
Total

So, it would be roughly 1.9 per year.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
For what? 40 points?
Dubi got the same for 41.

Old
01-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Dubi got the same for 41.
That wasn't such a good deal either. We got lucky and fortunately Dubinsky has increased production. What if it doesn't work this time?

But if we're talking about TOTAL then that's ok. Dubinsky's was total correct?

Sometimes I get confused between X amount over two years, and X amount per year for 2 years.

Last edited by Machinehead: 01-22-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old
01-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

dubi-4.25
cally-3.15
boyle-2
AA-2
Fedatenko-1.5

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
That wasn't such a good deal either. We got lucky and fortunately Dubinsky has increased production. What if it doesn't work this time?

But if we're talking about TOTAL then that's ok. Dubinsky's was total correct?

Sometimes I get confused between X amount over two years, and X amount per year for 2 years.
Yeah. No one is advocating a 3.8 mil per deal for Artem. Thats the kind of money he might get AFTER this next 2 year deal IF he blossoms into a 60-70 point center.

Old
01-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Yeah. No one is advocating a 3.8 mil per deal for Artem. Thats the kind of money he might get AFTER this next 2 year deal IF he blossoms into a 60-70 point center.
Alright then. My mistake.

Old
01-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Richards is a 1st line center (one of two main needs: top line center for gaborik and puck moving defenseman for the PP). Torts loves him and he is still very productive. I don't think he would turn into a gomez or drury. Sather loves to gamble with free agency as we all know, he traded gomez so he could get gaborik. Who would you rather have gaborik or gomez? It's not even a question!

I think Sather has been planning on going after Richards the whole time as he may feel richards is the missing piece. Prospal, Frolov, Fedotenko, and Eminger all come off the books (not saying that eminger and fedotenko can't come back, but they aren't eating up much money). Redden is in hartford, something a lot of people thought Sather could never do. Drury has one year left and has looked like garbage, even Torts is playing him on the 4th line since this kid Kolarik looked better. He will be bought out. Plus we traded Rozsival and picked up another 1.2 million in cap space. Yes we have a bunch of RFA's and some UFA's to bring back, but if Sather thinks Richards is the missing piece to make this team a legit contender you can bet he will go after him. I will tell you this Torts is going to tell him to go after Richards and Avery is still friends with Richards.

To me it just comes down to how much does Richards want to make and for how long? I can't answer that I have no clue what it would take and what Sather would sign him to. I just know if Drury is bought out, to me that signals he is going to take a shot at Richards. I just don't know how we could fit Richards in here with all the players that are due raises. Even playing around with it on capgeek.com it's hard to come up with a scenario that works out.

Old
01-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
He only makes 525,000 this year. He will get a raise. But not a 3-4 times raise.
Idk. He is having a career year and has played a vital role on this Rangers club.

Even if Boyle comes back down to earth and only averages 15 goals and 15-20 assists a year, for a fourth line center who can play the PK and PP...

1.75 million per for 3-4 years... I dont think that is too un reasonable.

Dubi I say lock up 4.25 x 5
Callahan 3.25x5
AA 2.5x 4

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
Idk. He is having a career year and has played a vital role on this Rangers club.

Even if Boyle comes back down to earth and only averages 15 goals and 15-20 assists a year, for a fourth line center who can play the PK and PP...

1.75 million per for 3-4 years... I dont think that is too un reasonable.

Dubi I say lock up 4.25 x 5
Callahan 3.25x5
AA 2.5x 4
i would agree with that, except AA more like 2 years @ 2 mil. I just dont see boyle getting more than 1.5 mil. I love the guy, but he is definitely not going to have 30 goals, 50 points a year.

Old
01-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Patriks7

Quote:
I still don't see the cap space we're going to need for all that. And I absolutely, positively, do not want Brad Richards anywhere near this team. I'm tellin you I can smell him. He's got that Drury, Redden, Frolov, Gomez stench all over him. It's going to be another free agent failure. Richards might be the logical choice, but my gut is telling me to avoid Richards like the black plague. Unfortunately the Rangers don't operate on my gut, and I don't expect them to. But that's just my take on Richards.
How does he have a Drury, Redden, Frolov, Gomez stench all over him? He is a way better player than either of them. He has more career points than either Drury or Gomez yet has played over 100 games less than either of them. He also has a better point per game pace in the playoffs. When we signed Drury and Gomez, they were coming off a 69 and 60 point season, respectively. Richards is on pace for an almost 95 point season. He is like in a completely different universe than those players.

The only reason I wouldn't want him on this team is because I don't know how well it will work out with the cap. We have a lot of kids coming up who will be getting some raises in the coming years.

Patriks7 is offline   Reply With Quote