HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor/Det

Old
01-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Hulk Hogan*

vCash: 500
Tor/Det

[IMG]http://www.****************/images/logos/1/11/thumbs/yo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif[/IMG]
J.S Giguere

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[IMG]http://www.****************/images/logos/1/28/thumbs/199.gif[/IMG]
Jiri Hudler

Hulk Hogan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 05:40 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

wings don't do this Leafs might depending on the term left on Hudlers deal

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Ishad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
wings don't do this Leafs might depending on the term left on Hudlers deal
1 year left at 2.875 mil. Salary cap is still a problem.

Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agi View Post
[IMG]http://www.****************/images/logos/1/11/thumbs/yo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif[/IMG]
J.S Giguere

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[IMG]http://www.****************/images/logos/1/28/thumbs/199.gif[/IMG]
Jiri Hudler
Makes sense talent wise on both sides, cap I think might still be an issue. Hudler being a smaller foward might put them off a bit (Leafs). But he has the skills to be a top 6. Would the Wings let hudler go in a deal like this?

Last edited by Blaylock38: 01-22-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: missed a word
Blaylock38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 05:53 PM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaylock38 View Post
Makes sense talent wise on both sides, cap I think might still be an issue. Hudler being a smaller foward might put them off a bit (Leafs). But he has the skills to be a top 6. Would the Wings let hudler go in a deal like this?
As expendable as Hudler is, I'm not interested in Giguere.

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatar Sauce View Post
As expendable as Hudler is, I'm not interested in Giguere.
Really eh? Even if he is healthy and plays strong down the stretch, and with an expiring contract? fair enough.

I really like Jimmy Howard though, just Giguere just seems like a player that Detroit would have some interest in, won a cup, team player, seems very professional and classy, a potential nice addition for a cup run.

Old
01-22-2011, 06:09 PM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Quote:
Really eh? Even if he is healthy and plays strong down the stretch, and with an expiring contract? fair enough.

I really like Jimmy Howard though, just Giguere just seems like a player that Detroit would have some interest in, won a cup, team player, seems very professional and classy, a potential nice addition for a cup run.
Those are some pretty big if's. In the situation of getting a goalie, I'd rather keep Huds for forward depth and just get a Conklin/Hedberg type for cheap to give Howard some relief. The Nabokov signing was more about rest for Howard than replacing him. Motivation was a big part too, but I'm still confident with Howie going into the playoffs and I'm sure the Wings management is too.

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 06:33 PM
ArtemAnisimov42

i wouldnt take a chance with giguere because of the injury problems that hes always gettin

ArtemAnisimov42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 07:22 PM
theneuf33
@TheDamager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtemAnisimov42 View Post
i wouldnt take a chance with giguere because of the injury problems that hes always gettin
at least hes healthy now unlike osgood , and howard is playing but still has minor injury

theneuf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 07:35 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Seems like unnecessary overpayment from a Wings POV.

Why not just give us a 3rd?

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 07:38 PM
JonusHoglund

doubtful Detroit deals a roster player for a backup goalie right before a playoff run.

JonusHoglund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatar Sauce View Post
Those are some pretty big if's. In the situation of getting a goalie, I'd rather keep Huds for forward depth and just get a Conklin/Hedberg type for cheap to give Howard some relief. The Nabokov signing was more about rest for Howard than replacing him. Motivation was a big part too, but I'm still confident with Howie going into the playoffs and I'm sure the Wings management is too.
Makes sense. I didn't think that the Nabby signing was made to replace Howard but rather to compliment him and give him time to rest his injured knee. I agree, I think Howard should be strong and ready to go come playoff time, thanks for the insight.

Old
01-23-2011, 10:04 AM
ArtemAnisimov42

Quote:
Originally Posted by theneuf33 View Post
at least hes healthy now unlike osgood , and howard is playing but still has minor injury
thats true and he could probably back howard up without a problem

ArtemAnisimov42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Huddy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
Ok , for those who don't know the DRW goalie situation, Holland saw a great goalie on open market, offered a 540k contract and knew that it most likely wasn't going to happen . He gave it a shot to make his hockey club better, nothing more nothing less. This doesn't mean the DRW are in trade talks for another goalie, this doesn't mean go after the next best expendable goalie. To the OP are you a leafs fan or trying to stir something up?

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 01:29 PM
seanlinden

Guys, if Detroit was willing to trade for Giguere, they would've offered Nabokov a lot more than $570k to help ensure he didn't get picked up.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Guys, if Detroit was willing to trade for Giguere, they would've offered Nabokov a lot more than $570k to help ensure he didn't get picked up.
You think so, I think that is why they a put in a NMC instead. I don't think it is coincidence either now that he won't report to the Island.

Old
01-23-2011, 02:00 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
You think so, I think that is why they a put in a NMC instead. I don't think it is coincidence either now that he won't report to the Island.
The NMC was obviously an attempt at doing so, but even with it, that $570k pricetag was simply too good to be true for a goalie of Nabokov's calibre. If they were wiling to open up $6m for Giguere, they would've been willing to open up a lot more than $570k for Nabby.

Old
01-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

makes no sense for the Wings. If they want Howard as there longterm #1, don't give away a Roster Player for a guy who still wants to play

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

Quote:
The NMC was obviously an attempt at doing so, but even with it, that $570k pricetag was simply too good to be true for a goalie of Nabokov's calibre. If they were wiling to open up $6m for Giguere, they would've been willing to open up a lot more than $570k for Nabby.
Maybe but still, they have to sign a player to a contract that makes sense to their team. In this case it looks they signed to him to a deal that was reasonable, that fit their cap structure, if he cleared than they get him, if he doesn't they move on. I don't know what the magic number would have been in terms of a contract that would have made him clear waivers, but if it is too much than Detroit has to make moves to fit him under the cap.

Old
01-23-2011, 02:16 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Maybe but still, they have to sign a player to a contract that makes sense to their team. In this case it looks they signed to him to a deal that was reasonable, that fit their cap structure, if he cleared than they get him, if he doesn't they move on. I don't know what the magic number would have been in terms of a contract that would have made him clear waivers, but if it is too much than Detroit has to make moves to fit him under the cap.
Yup, and they also have to trade for contracts that make sense to their team. Giguere at $6m does not make sense to their team.

Old
01-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

Quote:
Yup, and they also have to trade for contracts that make sense to their team. Giguere at $6m does not make sense to their team.
If winning a cup is important to a team, and they have a identified specific player who can help them achieve it, than I would think the team will make that move. Just speaking in generalities here, but if Detroit identified Giguere could help them, than they will find a way to make him fit. I don't know if Detroit believes in Giguere, but its a Giggy thread hence the emphasis on him.