HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Avery sounds off on the lockout

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Matt13

vCash: 500
Sean Avery sounds off on the lockout

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=129734&hubName=nhl

I am very impressed with his comments to the fans. Very well done and shows that Avery does have class regardless of what some say.

Old
07-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
People need to seperate his on ice persona with the real Avery. He is actually a really nice guy.

Old
07-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Doesn't seem to take much to "Brainwash" Avery.

Bob Goodenow will tell him "but I did a good job, a good job..."

Avery : "hmm after careful consideration, I think Bob did a good job".

Old
07-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Agreed John. Sean is a nice guy. I'll never forget that powder blue suit he was wearing at FF a couple years back....

Old
07-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Game Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
People need to seperate his on ice persona with the real Avery. He is actually a really nice guy.
He's one of my favorite players, but that's not what I've heard! (He did sign a jersey for me in Detroit, though.)

I love the comments. Game on!

Old
07-06-2005, 01:22 PM
dafranchz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I have to second that. A lot of people have no idea about how passionate and caring he is overall. People make the biggest mistake with him because of the role he has been casted for in the NHL.

Old
07-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Face Wash

It'll be interesting to see what player reaction to his comments will be. He had nothing to really gain from calling Plashke, but he did it and I appreciate his candor and letting us know how he truly feels about his representation.

Old
07-06-2005, 01:34 PM
King Blazer

I wish they could have found a way to get him to Manchester this past season especially after Lehoux went down...He did a good job for us a couple of seasons ago when he was sent here for the playoffs...Did he take some "untimely" penalties? Of course he did, he's Avery...He also put up 3-points in three games and was a real PIA to deal with...

Old
07-06-2005, 02:03 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
It'll be interesting to see what player reaction to his comments will be. He had nothing to really gain from calling Plashke, but he did it and I appreciate his candor and letting us know how he truly feels about his representation.

I don't think there will be any kind of backlash from other players.He's saying what a lot of them are probably thinking,BG's screwed them over,should have taken the deal in Feb.

Old
07-06-2005, 02:38 PM
guzmania

My personal experience is that nobody wins any job action. Ask the NABET guys who were in the great GE/NBC/NABET strike a about 10 years ago. The guys lost houses, families, jobs and the company lost the esprit de corps that still has not returned 10 years on. Still a nasty place to work, labor or management. The strike still costs NBC money everyday because nobody will come into that poisonous atmosphere to do a show. GE/NBC "won".

The owners have wrestled an agreement for the players to stunt their earning power because they couldn't get control of their own spending. This was a lockout, not a strike, and it was going to go on until the owners got their way or were hurt. Should the players just have given in immediately? I don't think so. The only thing that could have been better for the players was the deal that was close before the season was called off that might have had a higher cap number, but the players still would have lost a great deal. Mario intimated this recently. Sean knows right now how badly he's been hurt. Only time will tell how badly the league has hurt themselves

Old
07-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=129734&hubName=nhl

I am very impressed with his comments to the fans. Very well done and shows that Avery does have class regardless of what some say.
I'm a bit surprised after all the BS he said last Winter...

Old
07-06-2005, 03:11 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
I'm a bit surprised after all the BS he said last Winter...
BTW, this is what he said a few months ago...

Vocal Avery joins UHL's Mechanics
TSN.ca Staff with AP files
2/11/2005
Quote:
FRASER, Mich. (AP with files) - The United Hockey League's Motor City Mechanics signed forwards Bryan Smolinski and Sean Avery on Friday, and Avery - never one to shy away from offering his own opinions - had plenty to say on the 149th day of the NHL lockout.

Avery, who said he would play in all of the team's games, said he's all but lost hope on there being an NHL season.

"I'm just waiting for Gary (NHL commissioner Bettman) to do it (officially cancel the season)," Avery said. "I don't know what he's waiting for."

Avery added that the NHL Players' Association is firm in its position.

"I think, when you look at it, the lockout is about guys like me," Avery said. "If I'm 24 and willing to sit out for two years, that's an indication of where the union stands."

Some UHL players aren't happy with NHL players taking playing time from minor league players already on the roster.

"In all businesses, there's always changes. I'm here to earn a spot," Avery said. "I haven't heard anything. If someone wants to talk to me about it, I'm sure they will. They know where to find me.

"If (a player) doesn't want me to take his job he should work harder," he added to Toronto's The Fan 590 radio station. "Work harder until he's good enough to make the NHL then I wont be able to take his job."

Avery also addressed the issue of the possibility of dropping NHL teams and jobs.

"I think they can eliminate a lot of Europeans who are mediocre and are taking a lot of jobs," Avery told Toronto's The Fan 590.

When told that the NHL Players' Association does a lot of things for the best interests of all players - regardless of background - Avery maintained that it was his own opinion.

"The Association does a lot of things," he said. "I'm just talking for me."
http://199.246.67.211/nhl/news_story.asp?Id=114580

Old
07-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Homunculous

Yet agian I am reaffirmed that Avery is the greatest player ever. Ever since joining the Kings he has not failed to impress or amuse me with every single thing that comes out. Avery > All.

Closed Thread