HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#48: Devils @ Flyers - Saturday, Jan. 22, 2011 - 1:00 PM (ET)

Old
01-22-2011, 06:25 PM
ryangib

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerary View Post
Relax, guys. They're on a 3 (!) game win streak now, let them enjoy the moment.
somebody understands. devils first 3 game win streak in over a whole calendar year. the devils have been making me miserable for a while now. the season is shot, but please for the love of god, from one hockey fan to another, just let me enjoy something.

i wish you guys well in the playoffs.

ryangib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Flyerfan4life

LOL not posting much here anymore, but i am genuinely enjoying watching Boucher **** the bed nite after nite..

anyone else notice since they sent leights down Boosh has been playing terrible..

looking forward to when a change is made. which at this rate shouldnt be much longer..

and Leighton has been playing some excellent hockey since getting assigned to the Phantoms which are a terrible team.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 06:39 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
LOL not posting much here anymore,
such a shame

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
LOL not posting much here anymore, but i am genuinely enjoying watching Boucher **** the bed nite after nite..

anyone else notice since they sent leights down Boosh has been playing terrible..

looking forward to when a change is made. which at this rate shouldnt be much longer..

and Leighton has been playing some excellent hockey since getting assigned to the Phantoms which are a terrible team.
Leighton is terrible.

2 GAA is not a bad performance. It isn't Boucher's fault the team in front of him scored 1 goal.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 07:22 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Hedberg annoys me.
Moving on, nothing to see here. **** happens.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 08:50 PM
MsWoof

Quote:

IF a change is made, it won't be Leighton coming up. There is no need for a change right now, you just keep pooping on Boosh because you love Leighton but the fact is, he gave up 2 goals today and that was it. The team crapped the bed for most of the game and had to play catch up and the power play was abysmal.

You're not a Flyer fan.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 08:56 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
IF a change is made, it won't be Leighton coming up. There is no need for a change right now, you just keep pooping on Boosh because you love Leighton but the fact is, he gave up 2 goals today and that was it. The team crapped the bed for most of the game and had to play catch up and the power play was abysmal.

You're not a Flyer fan.
Hear hear.

The Elias goal was flat-out bad, but aside from that Boucher played pretty well. The team straight up failed to make an appearance today outside of a five-minute span and JVR's goal (which was a thing of beauty).

I think they were collectively looking ahead to Chicago.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Leighton is terrible.

2 GAA is not a bad performance. It isn't Boucher's fault the team in front of him scored 1 goal.
If I had to guess, I think some bad performances are on the way from him. He looked really, really fatigued today. When you're tired like that, the first sign is that you get sloppy, and Boucher was sloppy today.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 10:20 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:

Leighton is a very good AHL goalie. Too bad he's not an NHL goalie.

Nice to see you pop in though. Guess you're a big Phantoms fan now?

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:12 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:

outside of that 20 odd game run he had last season he has a 3+ GAA and a save % in the .870 range. transaltion? he freakin blows. I suppose tho that in comparison Alexandre Giroux, Jason Krog are NHL players. Go look at their numbers on hockeydb. there is a reason why they are in the minors just like your mancrush.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 01:30 AM
Garbage Goal

Why did Boosh start? I haven't read through rest of the GDT, so maybe some already shed some light on this, but starting Boosh today is in direct contract to his philosophy of playing the hot hand and the people who are playing hard. Bob was the hot hand and was playing hard yet I don't even remember him getting consecutive starts. Laviolette was willing to rid Boosh, a journeyman NHL backup, practically into the ground just so long as we were winning, but when we started winning with Bob instead he plays Boucher? I don't get it.

Quote:

Go away. To the Phantoms board or something.

I'd prefer to have Wolfy back over this.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 01:42 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:

Michael ****ing Leighton sucks. Go away.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 02:02 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Why did Boosh start? I haven't read through rest of the GDT, so maybe some already shed some light on this, but starting Boosh today is in direct contract to his philosophy of playing the hot hand and the people who are playing hard. Bob was the hot hand and was playing hard yet I don't even remember him getting consecutive starts. Laviolette was willing to rid Boosh, a journeyman NHL backup, practically into the ground just so long as we were winning, but when we started winning with Bob instead he plays Boucher? I don't get it.
With a less than 24 hour turn around until the Chicago game, Lavi made the right choice. The boys in front of Boucher didn't show up today. Even taking into account the ugly goal, this game was winnable with a full effort.

I would support the decision to play Bouch against the Devils and Bob against the Hawks the next day every time.

Quote:
I'd prefer to have Wolfy back over this.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 02:05 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
If I had to guess, I think some bad performances are on the way from him. He looked really, really fatigued today. When you're tired like that, the first sign is that you get sloppy, and Boucher was sloppy today.

That's the thing about Boosh. He's either on point and phenomenal, or he gets hammered before the game. There's rarely an in between.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:42 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:

Boosh has been exactly as advertised.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-23-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 09:24 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
That's the thing about Boosh. He's either on point and phenomenal, or he gets hammered before the game. There's rarely an in between.
I actually thought he battled through not having his best game yesterday pretty well. He just looked a half a step behind the play, and weak/tired.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 03:17 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I actually thought he battled through not having his best game yesterday pretty well. He just looked a half a step behind the play, and weak/tired.
Boucher certainly didn't have his best game against the Devils, but it wasn't because of him that we lost. That was a really, really weak performance by the entire team (almost at least).

Bobrovsky has been the better goalie lately though. We'll see if he can keep it up all through the season. So far, I feel far more comfortable with Bobrovsky/Boucher than I did with Leighton/Boucher last year, so that's a good start at least.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:12 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Boucher for as much as we all get on him knows his role on this team. He is a backup goalie who can step in and be a starter for a week or 2 stretch if need be. nothing more. Boucher is the pefect guy to have with Bobrovsky right now. They still need to monitor Bobs starts in the 2nd half of the season. Boucher is a good guy to have complimenting Bobrovsky.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote