HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should we claim Nabokov?

Old
01-22-2011, 04:26 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
I agree, boohoo Nabakov is supposed to go play for the Islanders for a paltry 250K for a few months of work. Stuff like this situation just goes to show you how spoiled some of these athletes are. You would think Nabakov; a guy who is getting up there in age and doesn't have to much longer to go in his career would be looking to make as much money as he can before he stops playing.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:18 PM
OpenWheel

If he's trying to make as much money as he can, why sign for just 250k? What was his KHL pay?

I also wonder if he's more or less likely to be injured in the NHL? Doubtful there's a difference either way though, but he has to consider if it's worth it for 250. And would he have to pay any extra taxes in New York versus Detroit?

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
If he's trying to make as much money as he can, why sign for just 250k? What was his KHL pay?

I also wonder if he's more or less likely to be injured in the NHL? Doubtful there's a difference either way though, but he has to consider if it's worth it for 250. And would he have to pay any extra taxes in New York versus Detroit?
I'm pretty sure his KHL salary was somewhere around $4M

I don't think it's about money right now for him. I honestly don't know what his deal is. It's in his best interest to play the rest of the season with NY and sign somewhere else this off season.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:13 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I'm pretty sure his KHL salary was somewhere around $4M

I don't think it's about money right now for him. I honestly don't know what his deal is. It's in his best interest to play the rest of the season with NY and sign somewhere else this off season.
i agree. i don't get why he is refusing to show up. It's still a paycheck. playoffs, no. but still money. And a chance to show you still got it. Or why not stay in KHL for big money? It's a head scratcher for sure. Either way, he's not a dead wing so it's cool by me.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote