HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs come back but lose to Booby Ryan...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2011, 09:05 PM
  #26
Dekar
Registered User
 
Dekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bound Kingdom
Posts: 5,072
vCash: 500
I haven't seen Hiller play this year, but all this talk of him being in the running for the Vezina? I understand now.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:05 PM
  #27
RNiner
Registered User
 
RNiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
I lol'd at poor Bobby Ryan coming out for the 1st star after Saku's ovation.

RNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:06 PM
  #28
Zaide
I'm a renegade
 
Zaide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Quebec City
Country: uriname
Posts: 64,407
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
He probably would have done something that the rest of the hockey world would have called "classless." I have no doubt about it.
Probably a forsberg-datsyukan top shelf.

Zaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:06 PM
  #29
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franked View Post
I just realised we were on kind of a streak right now. 7-1-2 is not too bad.
Especially if you remember that Gorges and Markov are out.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:09 PM
  #30
LastRide
Registered User
 
LastRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,204
vCash: 500
A couple poor selections by the Habs for the shootout I must say.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:09 PM
  #31
Pandemic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver. BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
Especially if you remember that Gorges and Markov are out.
I totally overlook the injuries the Habs have. No Markov, Cammalleri, and Gorges. Wow, that's ridiculous.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:10 PM
  #32
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Loved the comeback for the point, this team has shown they can do it a couple of times now.

Hillier was really good in net, Price kept us in too to get that point. Why the players were going glove side on Hillier tonight I don't understand as it didn't look to be a weakness. He did look beat-able down low blocker side as that is where Patches got in twice.

Wiz and Subban on the PP together is great, but they need to be on opposite side to allow one timers as Wiz can't set up as he has to stop the puck then shoot.

Patches is playing big and large, and that is while being injured. That is something to be said and appreciated by his team and the fans.

Glad to get the point.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:10 PM
  #33
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,761
vCash: 500
I couldn't see it on RDS at the time, but Michel Bergeron just said right after the anthems, Gomez motioned the Habs players towards the bench, so that Saku would be alone in center ice.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:10 PM
  #34
Kikizaz
Registered User
 
Kikizaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,947
vCash: 500
was there a tribute to koivu? i never saw one.

if there was and i missed it, could some one youtube it? thanks

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:10 PM
  #35
Dekar
Registered User
 
Dekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bound Kingdom
Posts: 5,072
vCash: 500
7-1-3 after tonight's game, but 17/22 is pretty damned good.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:11 PM
  #36
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,460
vCash: 500
It will be hard to gain on the Bruins even if we did win the 3 remaining games vs. the Bruins.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:11 PM
  #37
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
We outshot the ducks 5:1 in the 3rd, and came back from a 3-1 deficit. That says more than getting outgoaled in a shootout.

Hiller is freaking stones though. What a beast! And Pacioretty is looking like the guy we all hoped he would, a true power forward...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:13 PM
  #38
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,866
vCash: 500
Did Hiller get a star for this game? He certainly deserved one since he was the best player on the ice tonight..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:14 PM
  #39
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,705
vCash: 500
I've been a fan of Hiller ever since he nearly stunned Team Canada in the Olympics.

Anyways, at least a shootout loss is better than a regulation one. Remember how a month ago this team couldn't come back at all if it trailed behind after the 1st or the 2nd? That's been improving recently. The Habs got a point tonight for basically playing 30 mins of hockey. Last night they played 60 mins and go figure, they scored 7 goals.


Last edited by SB164: 01-22-2011 at 09:19 PM.
SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:14 PM
  #40
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Anyone watching this nonsense on L'Antichambre about the fans booing Lapierre? They're baffled as to why he was booed and Saku wasn't?

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:15 PM
  #41
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
It will be hard to gain on the Bruins even if we did win the 3 remaining games vs. the Bruins.
Unless Thomas falls back down to earth....I'd say the Bruins have the division...might even win the conference.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:15 PM
  #42
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Loved the comeback for the point, this team has shown they can do it a couple of times now.

Hillier was really good in net, Price kept us in too to get that point. Why the players were going glove side on Hillier tonight I don't understand as it didn't look to be a weakness. He did look beat-able down low blocker side as that is where Patches got in twice.

Wiz and Subban on the PP together is great, but they need to be on opposite side to allow one timers as Wiz can't set up as he has to stop the puck then shoot.

Patches is playing big and large, and that is while being injured. That is something to be said and appreciated by his team and the fans.

Glad to get the point.
Hiller is a Southpaw, So shooters need to adjust when facing him. Players whose first instinct is to go stick side are shooting on Hiller's glove-side.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:16 PM
  #43
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
Wow good thing JM played 4 lines, 6 defenceman last night and balanced the time on ice. Some of the ice times tonight for some players were huge!

Wiz - 30:30
Gionta - 26:50
Subban - 26:18
Gomez - 24:19
Hamrlik - 23:44
Plekanecs - 22:11

Spacek played only 14:45 and is now officially the Habs 6th defenceman since Weber played 3 more minutes that he did. $3.8 million for a #6 guy. OUCH. I'm liking Weber. The kid's gaining confidence and is getting better with each game. He was 4th among defenseman for ice time tonight, and made that great low shot that Darche was able to tip for the 2nd goal.

Gionta was double shifted after Eller was benched which is why his totals are so huge.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:17 PM
  #44
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,568
vCash: 500
Engqvist with two big blocked shots.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:18 PM
  #45
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Anyone watching this nonsense on L'Antichambre about the fans booing Lapierre? They're baffled as to why he was booed and Saku wasn't?
They are baffled as they are idiots....sure Lappy is a home town boy and has done some great things for the community in regards to charity. But, Koivu was a great player and captain for the Habs, and probably a bigger charity guy in Montreal, he was able to get a lot of great treatment equipment for the cancer departments in the hospitals.

The panel are all classless idiots if they can't see that.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:18 PM
  #46
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,534
vCash: 500
Max Pac scored two goals a la LeClaire tonight. I think he is becoming a true power forward now.

JustAHabFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:18 PM
  #47
Great One
Registered User
 
Great One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
2 full pages in the PGT and not one mention of the reffing in the game. Well done Habs faithfull.....well done.

Great One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:19 PM
  #48
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
Wow good thing JM played 4 lines, 6 defenceman last night and balanced the time on ice. Some of the ice times tonight for some players were huge!

Wiz - 30:30
Gionta - 26:50
Subban - 26:18
Gomez - 24:19
Hamrlik - 23:44
Plekanecs - 22:11

Spacek played only 14:45 and is now officially the Habs 6th defenceman since Weber played 3 more minutes that he did. $3.8 million for a #6 guy. OUCH. I'm liking Weber. The kid's gaining confidence and is getting better with each game. He was 4th among defenseman for ice time tonight, and made that great low shot that Darche was able to tip for the 2nd goal.

Gionta was double shifted after Eller was benched which is why his totals are so huge.
And he played very weak against players and lost battles out there, he needs to be sat from time to time, traded if possible.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:19 PM
  #49
Mister Potato
Registered User
 
Mister Potato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
They are baffled as they are idiots....sure Lappy is a home town boy and has done some great things for the community in regards to charity. But, Koivu was a great player and captain for the Habs, and probably a bigger charity guy in Montreal, he was able to get a lot of great treatment equipment for the cancer departments in the hospitals.

The panel are all classless idiots if they can't see that.
If Lapierre wasn't Quebecois, I don't think it would be a subject of discussion on Antichambre.

Mister Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:20 PM
  #50
RNiner
Registered User
 
RNiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Hiller not getting a star would normally be ridiculous, but:

Patches getting #3 makes sense;
Ryan getting 1st star for game-winning SO goal is always automatic;
and Saku had to get one.

Ideally, I'd have gone:
3rd Patches
2nd Hiller
1st Saku, and then we'd get to see how long he'd stay out there too.

RNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.