HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Kings inquired about Marian Gaborik

Old
01-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtranova View Post
Literally LMFAO!

No way in hell...

Why not? Gabby is has history of injuries and closing in on 30. He's not old by any means, but the Rangers are not ready to contend and won't be ready for a couple of years.

People here are excited that the team is performing decently and not just struggling to make the playoffs, but let's face it, we'll be underdogs even in the first round. If you are a betting man, you have to bet on the Rangers losing in the first round.

If I could Brayden Schenn and a second round pick for Gabby, I do it.

Schenn is a tremendous prospect who'll be good for us for years to come, hitting his prime when Gabby is retiring or barely playing.

Generationally, he fits with us much more than Gabby because he'll hit his prime about the same time as MDZ, Step, Kreider, Thomas, McIrath, Anisimov and even guys like Dubinsky and Callahan.

I definitely wouldn't mind Gabby for Schenn+#2.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 08:33 PM
JKDR1

If Schenn+ is available for Gaborik....done deal.....easy decision! Imagine that kid growing and gelling with our kids now?

JKDR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 08:59 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKDR1 View Post
If Schenn+ is available for Gaborik....done deal.....easy decision! Imagine that kid growing and gelling with our kids now?
i agree but people are delusional if they think we would get schenn and johnson AND simmons AND a first AND.....

schenn and a guy like simmons would be pretty close i would think with a possibly of exchanging picks but lets keep it in perspective.

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Orr Nightmare

Schean, Simmonds & Clifford for Gabby and Feds

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:12 PM
RangerBlues

If there is a deal to be had to move Gaborik, DO IT!

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:20 PM
NYRJE

I would entertain moving Gaborik if Schenn is part of the package coming back - there'd have to be more pieces added but Schenn is a good starting point. He tore it up at the WJC.

NYRJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:29 PM
gravytrain6t

To prevent Gaborik from going to L.A., I'm guessing other teams in the West would get involved vying for his services as well. I'd be (at the very least), just interested to see how much we could get from one of those teams out there.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:35 PM
free0717

for Kopitar and Johnson?

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I would assume the Kings would want to add Gabby without losing any major pieces this season. Schenn+#2 seems like a fair deal. The Kings get a massive improvement, and the Rangers get a potential future star plus a decent draft pick.

I would rather have a young kid like Schenn than a prime-timer like Gabby considering where this team is. By the time MDZ, Step, Kreider, Thomas, etc mature, Gabby will be gone.

Bring in the young guns. Let them all mature together.

Old
01-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
for Kopitar and Johnson?

How does that make them better this year? The whole point is for the Kings to get better now, and for the Rangers to be better off in 4-5 years.

Old
01-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I would assume the Kings would want to add Gabby without losing any major pieces this season. Schenn+#2 seems like a fair deal. The Kings get a massive improvement, and the Rangers get a potential future star plus a decent draft pick.

I would rather have a young kid like Schenn than a prime-timer like Gabby considering where this team is. By the time MDZ, Step, Kreider, Thomas, etc mature, Gabby will be gone.

Couldn't agree more. As much as I like this team and our chances in the playoffs, the injury bug could put us a step back.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:50 PM
beastly115

Schenn would be a great addition.

Would be great to see a 1-2 punch of Schenn-Stepan for the next 15 years.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Schenn would be a great addition.

Would be great to see a 1-2 punch of Schenn-Stepan for the next 15 years.
sure but they wont be trading Gaborik. He's way to talented and he's here for the long haul. He has been way to inconsistent this year yes but he has 15 goals which is 2 off the team lead

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 10:02 PM
RangerBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
sure but they wont be trading Gaborik. He's way to talented and he's here for the long haul. He has been way to inconsistent this year yes but he has 15 goals which is 2 off the team lead
10 of his 15 goals are from 3 games against scrubs.
Thats 5 goals and 13 assists in 33 games against everybody else.
He has less than 110 shots on goal in 36 games.

I do not wish to diminish his value in a trade scenario, but thats the reality.

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 10:41 PM
NikC

Quote:

it's a good think Henrik is actually getting younger. he'll be turning 22 by the time the "kids" are all grown up...

from signing every washed out star in the 90s to icing a team of 18 year olds...

now 28 yr old 40g scorers are no good... the epitome of stupidity

Last edited by NikC: 01-22-2011 at 10:51 PM.
NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Nemchinov13

I wonder if Lombardi has enough cap space...

I'll take Schenn alone if LA will accept Redden on top of Gaborik. Wow. I just creamed my pants at the thought.

But I agree, LA would have to do a wild overpayment for Gaborik and Schenn has to be included in all of the talks.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 10:56 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Schenn and Forbort to start the conversation.
That's what I was thinking. You got to listen at that point.

Hickey is a slug and Johnson is badly overrated.

Not anxious to trade Gabby but heck, Gretzky was traded. Gabby could be too.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 10:58 PM
satrabyk

I would take Gaborik for Schenn in a heartbeat. Dont even think about it if they offer that kind of prospect. For all we know Gabs injuries could finally end his career. I mean that shoulder looks tender and he is a hit away from being out long term imo. Schenn is a young strong Center with good roots, personality, skill and toughness. He will probably break into the league next year with 60 points or more. Personally i dont believe not having Gabby in his condition and the way he has played this year would make or break us this season anyway as was shown while he was hurt.

Last edited by satrabyk: 01-22-2011 at 11:03 PM.
satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
it's a good think Henrik is actually getting younger. he'll be turning 22 by the time the "kids" are all grown up...

from signing every washed out star in the 90s to icing a team of 18 year olds...

now 28 yr old 40g scorers are no good... the epitome of stupidity

Lundqvist is a goalie. Goalies don't get beat up like forwards do, and Gabby came to us with a history of injuries. Lundqvist will still be here when Gaborik is an experienced color commentator for Slovakian Sports Channel.

Really... it's the epitome of stupidity not to know the difference between a goalie who doesn't get hit and an already injured forward.

Old
01-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlues View Post
10 of his 15 goals are from 3 games against scrubs.
Thats 5 goals and 13 assists in 33 games against everybody else.
He has less than 110 shots on goal in 36 games.

I do not wish to diminish his value in a trade scenario, but thats the reality.
true stats but I am not going to forget his 40 plus last year and the fact that he carried the team the whole year. He can go on a spurt like that again

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:05 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Lundqvist is a goalie. Goalies don't get beat up like forwards do, and Gabby came to us with a history of injuries. Lundqvist will still be here when Gaborik is an experienced color commentator for Slovakian Sports Channel.

Really... it's the epitome of stupidity not to know the difference between a goalie who doesn't get hit and an already injured forward.
Not to mention Hank is only 28. Even if it takes the kids a few years to grow up he'll still be in his prime for several more. No reason he doesn't have close to a decade of great hockey left in him. So annoying when people cry about him being wasted...as if he's about to have nothing left in the tank.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:05 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Yes, I'm so enthusiastic about moving our 40 goal winger! Yeah! Prospects! Cap space! WOOHOO!

I don't get it. He's struggling with his confidence, so we should trade him? He doesn't even have anyone to get him the puck.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:10 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Yes, I'm so enthusiastic about moving our 40 goal winger! Yeah! Prospects! Cap space! WOOHOO!

I don't get it. He's struggling with his confidence, so we should trade him? He doesn't even have anyone to get him the puck.
So put him on the Leafs, Sens etc and see which guys will get him the puck. He is not a 40 goal scorer as of now and there is no guarantee that his injuries will not prevent him from becoming that again. Also if you can get value like Schenn and a pick, well u do it. Also imo its not a confidence thing its an injury issue.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:14 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
Over or under on how many fans on the trade rumor board would say were dellusional to expect that kind of return for such an injury prone over paid player.
But that's only because they could have had Gaborik for nothing but money 2 summers ago....

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:14 PM
NikC

Quote:

Goalies don't get injured or worn down right? sure, keep telling yourself that henrik will always be there while we ice a team of 19yr olds for the next 5 yrs.

I'm sure you wanted to move Gabby last year too? If you say yes then you're a fool.
this team can barely pot in 2 goals a game and you want to move our only top 3 forward. last year he kept us from being a lottery team practically.

stick to xbox.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote