HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Del Zotto and Grachev Called Up

Old
01-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Rangers44*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
You're really comparing the NHL's level of play to the AHL right now? You gotta be kidding me. That was a joke just like the other one you had right?
Scoring touch in AHL this season > scoring touch in NHL 3 years ago.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 10:34 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Grachev definitely earned this call up, weise should be gone nice try dude but you tried to hard and frankly did nothing IMHO(flame away) Hopefully mdz comes back and tears it up but hopefully girardi won't miss too much time or any at all. Maybe torts will banish drury to the box for a game or two so he can actually watch what the **** he's supposed to do.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

cant wait to see Grachev!!!

Hanke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Grachev definitely earned this call up, weise should be gone nice try dude but you tried to hard and frankly did nothing IMHO(flame away) Hopefully mdz comes back and tears it up but hopefully girardi won't miss too much time or any at all. Maybe torts will banish drury to the box for a game or two so he can actually watch what the **** he's supposed to do.
they won't bench their Captain especially with all these injuries for an AHL player even though he has blown chunks.

Grachev will get in I am sure but DZ is likely insurance. I think Girardi will play

Read the Whate have games T/F/S so Tuesday Rangers play but after that I am going to laugh when I see the Rangers assign Newbury, Kolarik, Dupont, Grachev, Del Zotto to CT,haha...........it's insane...............then a bunch get recalled after the all start break

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Do we really need to call up Grachev every time he strings a half a dozen decent games together?

The kid should stay in the AHL the rest of the year, then come back during preseason to show what he's got. He doesn't need to get called up after a few good games.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Good for Grachev. Hopefully he can pot a goal or two here like MZA has done.

I kind of expected the precautionary MDZ callup, if DG cant go we simply move Gilroy to the right side and trot on.

01-22-2011, 11:06 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

vCash: 827
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
i'm very excited to see what Grachev can bring to the table, I also wonder is MDZ has regained his confidence yet.

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Do we really need to call up Grachev every time he strings a half a dozen decent games together?

The kid should stay in the AHL the rest of the year, then come back during preseason to show what he's got. He doesn't need to get called up after a few good games.
have u seen all the injuries? They called up Weiss, Newbury, Kolarik, Dupont ahead of him, lol.............they were leaving him the AHL but with all the injuries he deserves this call. Maybe he can ride the hot streak into a few good NHL games before they all go back to the Whale during the All Star Break

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:26 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
have u seen all the injuries? They called up Weiss, Newbury, Kolarik, Dupont ahead of him, lol.............they were leaving him the AHL but with all the injuries he deserves this call. Maybe he can ride the hot streak into a few good NHL games before they all go back to the Whale during the All Star Break
I wish they were able to call up stephen weiss. LOL

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

I guess I see your point, though I wouldn't mind if Jeremy Williams was called up ahead of Grachev at this point. I don't want to interrupt his rhythm in the AHL. Last year Sangs was hot, he had a point per game going into December; then was called up for 3 games, and totally collapsed in the AHL after that.

These are two different players, but I would want him to produce in the AHL for at least 30 games before he is called up.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I guess I see your point, though I wouldn't mind if Jeremy Williams was called up ahead of Grachev at this point. I don't want to interrupt his rhythm in the AHL. Last year Sangs was hot, he had a point per game going into December; then was called up for 3 games, and totally collapsed in the AHL after that.

These are two different players, but I would want him to produce in the AHL for at least 30 games before he is called up.
Williams did not look like he belongs in NHL in the few games he played this season and pre-season

Old
01-22-2011, 11:47 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
Williams did not look like he belongs in NHL in the few games he played this season and pre-season
i don't think the point was that the rangers would be better off with williams, but that grachev's development is more important and it might be better for him to remain in hartford where he is finally starting to play well.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
i don't think the point was that the rangers would be better off with williams, but that grachev's development is more important and it might be better for him to remain in hartford where he is finally starting to play well.
maybe, or maybe it will help him get even better. You never know.

Old
01-23-2011, 12:02 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Let's see. Assuming Girardi and Prust are out:

Avery - Anisimov - Gaborik
Wolski - Stepan - Zuccarello
Grachev - Boyle - Kolarik
Dupont - Newbury - Drury

Staal - Sauer
McDonagh - Gilroy
Del Zotto - Eminger

Last edited by Wraparounds: 01-23-2011 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Too bad we can't demote Drury.
Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:13 AM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Let's see. Assuming Girardi and Prust are out:

Avery - Anisimov - Gaborik
Wolski - Stepan - Zuccarello
Grachev - Boyle - Kolarik
Dupont - Newbury - Weise

Staal - Sauer
McDonagh - Gilroy
Del Zotto - Eminger
Too bad we will have to edure Drury because Weise was sent down.

Old
01-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
Too bad we will have to edure Drury because Weise was sent down.
It must've been wishful thinking.

I was thinking Drury but typed Weise.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

i didn't catch the game tonight. did Girardi get hurt? is MDZ replacing him or something? i need the scoop.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:22 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

cant wait to see Grachev and MDZ...even though all these injuries suck, its really helping the development of these kids.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:28 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrcantakeyou View Post
i didn't catch the game tonight. did Girardi get hurt? is MDZ replacing him or something? i need the scoop.
Girardi pulled a muscle in his ribs I believe. Similar to the injury rozsival had but hopefully not as bad.

Prust got hurt blocking shot even though he didnt go down to block the shot. Was defending the point man with the puck and got hit low with the slap shot.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:31 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Girardi pulled a muscle in his ribs I believe. Similar to the injury rozsival had but hopefully not as bad.

Prust got hurt blocking shot even though he didnt go down to block the shot. Was defending the point man with the puck and got hit low with the slap shot.
thanks man. that sucks tho, wow. looks like were getting hurt every game. good to know we can still win despite it.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrcantakeyou View Post
thanks man. that sucks tho, wow. looks like were getting hurt every game. good to know we can still win despite it.
Actually now it looks like we lose when nobody gets injured and win when somebody does.

Old
01-23-2011, 01:39 AM
Emptyvoid

I agree with the sentiment that Grachev should have been left alone and continue his great play.

However, on the other hand, he can view this as a reward for playing well and doing the right things to succeed. Hopefully it clicks in his head and he continues to do the right things.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:37 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Maybe they'll send Drury down!

Seriously though, here's hoping MDZ isn't annihilated on here if he plays.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:33 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
He played 5 minutes. How much of an impact is he supposed to make playing 5 minutes with Newbury and Drury?
From what I've see from Dupont, he just aint a NHL-caliber player at this point.

A good kid with good attitude, who has a lot of admirable qualities. But, I just do not think his engine is were it have to be for a player like him to have much of a impact in the NHL. He isn't fast enough to get in on the forecheck. He is strong a long the boards, but do not have the outstanding offensive abilities to play in a role like that.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:41 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
cant wait to see Grachev and MDZ...even though all these injuries suck, its really helping the development of these kids.
Sauer played 26+ minutes last night, McDonagh played 17+, Stepan played 20 minutes...these kids are getting major minutes in a very short amount of time. It is stunning to see a Ranger team with so many young players playing so many important minutes. Frankly, I am enjoying this Ranger season more than any since the mid-90's.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote