HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill X

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2011, 09:48 PM
wabwat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Savard is hurt again-so he's gotta be a Lombardi target! Ryder would be a disaster in Murray's system much like Mark Parrish was. Wheeler is intriguing, is he another 40 point forward or is his celing higher? Would he do better with less pressure and more playing time?

Wheeler? you HAVE watched all that is Alex Ponikarovsky, right?

Old
01-23-2011, 01:48 AM
kingscup
MBML

Send a message via AIM to kingscup
Off topic, didn't feel it required a thread for itself, but does anyone have an update on when/if Scott Parse is suppose to return? Wasn't he slated to return some time in February?

Old
01-23-2011, 02:17 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingscup View Post
Off topic, didn't feel it required a thread for itself, but does anyone have an update on when/if Scott Parse is suppose to return? Wasn't he slated to return some time in February?
According to Hammond, he is early March at best, if all things go perfectly:

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/01/20...es/#more-11250

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
01-23-2011, 02:17 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingscup View Post
Early March, from Hammond:

Quote:
First, the latest news. Scott Parse was on the ice today for the first time since he had hip surgery in November. Parse hit the ice in a practice jersey and sweat pants — and skates, of course — for some post-practice conditioning skating, but he’s still probably looking at an early-March return, at best.

Old
01-23-2011, 02:21 AM
kingscup
MBML

Send a message via AIM to kingscup
Thanks Guys!

Old
01-23-2011, 02:23 AM
KingNothing4

Last I saw Parse was due back at earliest, early March.

Oops little late...

Old
01-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNothing4 View Post
Last I saw Parse was due back at earliest, early March.

Assuming we get into the playoffs, Parse will be our secret weapon.

Old
01-23-2011, 12:55 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Assuming we get into the playoffs, Parse will be our secret weapon.
See Sturm, Marco for expectations of players coming off surgery. At this point in sports medicine I'm amazed players in his timeframe for return from surgery aren't just shut down for the season.

Old
01-23-2011, 03:38 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Sounds like the Senators might be blowing it up

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1880105/

Old
01-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Sounds like the Senators might be blowing it up

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1880105/
For some reason...I see Voynov in a Sen's jersey...

Voynov for Phillips and Neil at the deadline? (we could do better...)

Then send Westgarth far far away(manchester).

Last edited by Cook24: 01-23-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old
01-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
For some reason...I see Voynov in a Sen's jersey...
Yeah.. that would be smart. The point best defender of the NHL and a long time missing piece for the Kings organisation traded away for crap.

Ottawa has nothing of interest for me. If any teamn needs rentals like Alfredson
Gonchar or whoever....... just step forward.

We keep our youngsters because we will need them in the near future.
Voynov will be our 3rd puckmoving defender and gives us the luxury to just look for stay at home defenseman who are easier to find.

Doughty - XXX
Johnson - Scuderi
Voynov - Green

that looks good for me

Old
01-23-2011, 04:03 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Yeah.. that would be smart. The point best defender of the NHL and a long time missing piece for the Kings organisation traded away for crap.

Ottawa has nothing of interest for me. If any teamn needs rentals like Alfredson
Gonchar or whoever....... just step forward.

We keep our youngsters because we will need them in the near future.
Voynov will be our 3rd puckmoving defender and gives us the luxury to just look for stay at home defenseman who are easier to find.

Doughty - XXX
Johnson - Scuderi
Voynov - Green

that looks good for me
I am in agreement with Kurri on this one. Voynov deserves a cup of coffee this season at some point and then every opportunity to make the team next season. Only way I would move him is if it is for an equally talented forward that is close to his age.

Old
01-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
There's only room for 1 defenseman next season...

Mitchell-Doughty
Johnson-Scuderi
Hickey/Voynov/Muzzin-Greene
Ex.Martinez/Drewiske

I don't see him beating out Muzzin...and he's not gonna want to stick around if he doesn't make next years team..

Old
01-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Johnny Utah

As of now, there is no room for an extra D man. Drewiske is under contract until the end of 2013-14 and Martinez is really looking good at the NHL...there won't be an open spot until the following year, 2012-2013 when Mitchell is a UFA. I guess Drewiske could take over for Mitchell at that point, I don't see that happening.

The D will look the same next year as this year if Martinez keeps playing like this and they don't trade anyone...It is the year after where Mitchell departs as UFA. So Voynov, Hickey, and Muzzin need to wait it out 2 more seasons or hope that Martinez gets hurt or traded (and even if he gets hurt, Drewiske or Harrold can step in right now).

This is the Kings position of strength, they can deal from here for a forward.

Old
01-23-2011, 05:27 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Wouldn't it be funny if the main reason the Kings had scouts following Boston for so long was only to scout them for Monday's game???

Old
01-23-2011, 05:31 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if the main reason the Kings had scouts following Boston for so long was only to scout them for Monday's game???
Lulz 2 weeks of scouting for 2 points!

Old
01-23-2011, 05:33 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Only guy I could see DL wanting from Ottawa is Fisher, not that I would want that. Fisher's a nice 3rd line center and we already have that with Stoll.

Old
01-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
I think James Murphy wrote on Twitter that the Kings have a standing reservation to scout in Boston. Just something I think I read.

Old
01-23-2011, 07:18 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I spend too much time following our prospects (all prospects really) and where we are now is the reason why I wasn't thrilled about our signing Willie. Not that I don't like him and in fact once we were committed to signing him I was happy enough but I also knew that it meant we would truly be bent in a log jam at the end of this season.

That said my review of our Dmen prospects breaks down like this.

Voynov is NHL ready and as much as I hate to say it, would be an improvement over Martinez, Dreweskie and at times even Greene. That said you have to ask yourself why he has yet to get any NHL ice time. VV's play hasn't been a secret and in fact his impressive play this season was expected by many after last season so why has he been left on the Farm?

I honestly don't have any answers except conjecture so I will leave it with its early enough in the season and in VV's career to where he can still benefit from his time on the farm and also in waiting for his cup of tea.

Behind him is Alec Martinez. We've all been watching him enough now to know that he is a keeper who continually gets better with every game. He still has to work on his confidence but he is a rookie and playing in a very erratic system so all in all I think he is working out nicely for us. His upside still may only be as a#4/6 pmd but he should be a good one.

Next in line is Jake Muzzin.

Muzzin came in and showed us why he was so highly coveted by everyone as a free agent. He stepped in and earned a shot with the Kings and I felt he played exceptionally well all things considered. He is NHL ready and could easily be with the team right now but a season on the farm won't hurt him and it also buys us a little time.

Where I see his improvement so far with the Manchester is that his foot speed keeps improving. He is a big enough guy to where you would expect him to have that lazy first step that so many of his style and size play with but Muzz has such an excellent first step that he really makes room for himself. I am not saying that Muzzin is a giant in stature, I am saying he play the body of a big man's game and it is too his credit. A good example of that style of player is Greenie, he plays bigger than he is and is built solid enough to do so.

I see Muzzin as a 3/4 kind of player who can man your second PP unit and do so nicely. Give him a full season in the NHL and then ease him onto the PP and let him go. An over looked part of Muzzin's game is that he doesn't mind dropping the gloves. He may not do it very often but he is pretty good when does drop them.

People are hard on Thomas Hickey and for a various number of reasons. I don't blame them and I bet you neither does he (TH). I talked to him last season and asked him when he thought he might be ready to make the team and he told me all he can do is keep working hard and let the rest take care of itself.

Hickey needs time but you can't deny his exceptional skating ability, his on ice vision and his perfectly placed passes are really something to watch. That said, he has had a tough go of it this season in Manchester and while he has turned things around and is having a good season, I still think that it will take him the rest of this season and the entire off season of working hard on everything before he will be NHL ready. Once he is, and he will be his upside is really up to him. He could become a true first pairing guy or end up as Randy Jones but he will play in the NHL (barring injury).

These are the most or closest to being NHL ready in my opinion but I will run through the rest later (when you add in Deslauriers and Forbort we are even more ridiculously stacked).

We could easily deal Greene, Mitchell, Dreweskie, Martinez (not all at once) and still be in pretty good to exceptional shape, of course it would have to happen in the off season but my point would be that we are rapidly approaching the time when we no longer need outside veterans to lead our young d.

Last edited by etherialone: 01-24-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old
01-23-2011, 07:57 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

It seems that the Panthers are getting ready to blow up their team as well. Time to inquire about Booth

Old
01-23-2011, 09:00 PM
yankeeking

thanks for the breakdown, we all know you get to see our prospects as well as other teams so you can compare and fairly rate them and for you to take the time gives us a seemingly fair assesment where at other times and other takes comes from where a kid was drafted or what the consensus is keeps at least my vision of the future rosey and the idea we will get younger and better helps during this roller coaster season

Old
01-23-2011, 09:27 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Thanks. Just one persons opinion and there are many different ways of looking at our prospects that are equally valid.

Old
01-23-2011, 09:30 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

I really wanna see Voynov get a shot. However even if he does go back home we still own his rights and he obviously wants to play in the NHL seeing as he's been in NA for 3 years now, so if he does go I think he'll eventually come back. Can't blame him though he'd live in his home country and make more money. What would piss me off the most is if we traded him unless it's for a top 6 forward.

Old
01-23-2011, 11:52 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

We hunted down a fellow blogger from the Oilers to get some insight into Dustin Penner's game, given the recent murmurs about Dean's inquiry into him. For those interested in this big left wing, enjoy. I learned things I didn't know about him. It gave me real perspective on his potential fit if the trade happens.

http://lakingsnews.com/2011/01/23/va...insiders-view/

Old
01-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I spend too much time following our prospects (all prospects really) and where we are now is the reason why I wasn't thrilled about our signing Willie. Not that I don't like him and in fact once we were committed to signing him I was happy enough but I also knew that it meant we would truly be bent in a log jam at the end of this season.

That said my review of our Dmen prospects breaks down like this.

Voynov is NHL ready and as much as I hate to say it, would be an improvement over Martinez, Dreweskie and at times even Greene. That said you have to ask yourself why he has yet to get any NHL ice time. VV's play hasn't been a secret and in fact his impressive play this season was expected by many after last season so why has he been left on the Farm?

I honestly don't have any answers except conjecture so I will leave it with its early enough in the season and in VV's career to where he can still benefit from his time on the farm and also in waiting for his cup of tea.

Behind him is Alec Martinez. We've all been watching him enough now to know that he is a keeper who continually gets better with every game. He still has to work on his confidence but he is a rookie and playing in a very erratic system so all in all I think he is working out nicely for us. His upside still may only be as a#4/6 pmd but he should be a good one.

Next in line is Jake Muzzin.

Muzzin came in and showed us why he was so highly coveted by everyone as a free agent. He stepped in and earned a shot with the Kings and I felt he played exceptionally well all things considered. He is NHL ready and could easily be with the team right now but a season on the farm won't hurt him and it also buys us a little time.

Where I see his improvement so far with the Manchester is that his foot speed keeps improving. He is a big enough guy to where you would expect him to have that lazy first step that so many of his style and size play with but Muzz has such an excellent first step that he really makes room for himself. I am not saying that Muzzin is a giant in stature, I am saying he play the body of a big man's game and it is too his credit. A good example of that style of player is Greenie, he plays bigger than he is and is built solid enough to do so.

I see Muzzin as a 3/4 kind of player who can man your second PP unit and do so nicely. Give him a full season in the NHL and then ease him onto the PP and let him go. An over looked part of Muzzin's game is that he doesn't mind dropping the gloves. He may not do it very often but he is pretty good when does drop them.

People are hard on Thomas Hickey and for a various number of reasons. I don't blame them and I bet you neither does he (TH). I talked to him last season and asked him when he thought he might be ready to make the team and he told me all he can do is keep working hard and let the rest take care of itself.

Hickey needs time but you can't deny his exceptional skating ability, his on ice vision and his perfectly placed passes are really something to watch. That said, he has had a tough go of it this season in Manchester and while he has turned things around and is having a good season, I still think that it will take him the rest of this season and the entire off season of working hard on everything before he will be NHL ready. Once he is, and he will be his upside is really up to him. He could become a true first pairing guy or end up as Randy Jones but he will play in the NHL (barring injury).

These are the most or closest to being NHL ready in my opinion but I will run through the rest later (when you add in Deslauriers and Forbort we are even more ridiculously stacked).

We could easily deal Greene, Mitchell, Dreweskie, Martinez (not all at once) and still be in pretty good to exceptional shape, of course it would have to happen in the off season but my point would be that we are rapidly approaching the time when we need outside veterans to lead our young d.
You are the cat's meow of this site. Great stuff. Muzzin's mother keeps us updated every once in a while on Jake. I project Jake will be what we wanted Hickey to be. I don't see TH being part of this team unless he improves in several areas, skating included...and I don't mean top end speed for those asking "what the hell, Hickey isn't slow!"

Closed Thread