HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-11 Official Injury Thread

Old
01-23-2011, 06:05 AM
darko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Almost half of the team (nine players) that were on the team at the end of training camp are either injured or on the IR.

That's wild.

That's crazy. I wonder who is next to go down.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:06 AM
Sticky Fingers

This is getting redicioulus, how many injuries can we have...and we still take points.

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:34 AM
Black Tank

This is why I am continually amazed by the never ending threads clamoring after any 30+ player on the downside of his career.

We don't need a "veteran defenseman" who wasn't good enough to stick with any other team.

We don't need this older version of Brad Richards looking for a retirement contract that will be an astronomical cap hit for declining production long into the future.

We don't need a 33 year old Iginla in exchange for top level prospects.

For the first time perhaps ever, the Rangers have a solid pipeline of players who can contribute. Let's not **** that up by reverting to the worn out Rangers formula of bringing in faded superstars...

And by the way, the Islanders don't suck because they don't have vets, they suck b/c the young players werent good enough (though I think they've turned the corner).

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:54 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohf View Post
This is getting redicioulus, how many injuries can we have...and we still take points.
May be this team is a contender this year once everyone gets back! lol

On a serious note, this team may only be a year away from contending.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:21 AM
Vitto79

Just for fun how many F have dressed for a game this year?

22 is my count and that does not include Prospal who may or may not get healthy and Kennedy who was on the roster to start

Bravo to organizational depth

Frolov
Anisimov
Gaborik
Dubinsky
Avery
Stepan
Zuccarello
Wolski
Callahan
Boyle
Prust
Fedotenko
Drury
Christensen
Boogaard
Kolarik
Newbury
Dupont
Weiss
Grachev
Wiliams
White

Last edited by Vitto79: 01-23-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:26 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
do you think if prospal doesnt come back this season he will play next season? like if we signed him to a 1 mil deal or something. im just wondering cause i feel like his career would end on a crappy note and he was good for us last year.
A big NO if anything has been proven by these injuries its that we have enough kids to take his spot.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:30 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Just for fun how many F have dressed for a game this year?

21 is my count and that does not include Prospal who may or may not get healthy and Kennedy who was on the roster to start

Bravo to organizational depth

Frolov
Anisimov
Gaborik
Avery
Stepan
Zuccarello
Wolski
Callahan
Boyle
Prust
Fedotenko
Drury
Christensen
Boogaard
Kolarik
Newbury
Dupont
Weiss
Grachev
Wiliams
White

22 - Dubinsky too

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
22 - Dubinsky too
thanks edited......that's 7 plus lines ,lol

Old
01-23-2011, 07:55 AM
jniklast

Like I said on the main boards: We have only three healthy players (Gaborik, Avery and Wolski) and Drury (who doesn't really count anymore) who have scored more than 30 career goals. And we also have 7 players on our roster (making up 36.8% of all healthy skaters) that have less career points than Lundqvist. It's really beyond ridiculous at this point.

Last edited by jniklast: 01-23-2011 at 08:02 AM.
jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:11 AM
lebear
I have no idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
Like I said on the main boards: We have only three healthy players (Gaborik, Avery and Wolski) and Drury (who doesn't really count anymore) who have scored more than 30 career goals. And we also have 7 players on our roster (making up 36.8% of all healthy skaters) that have less career points than Lundqvist. It's really beyond ridiculous at this point.
That's in a way hilarious, and we keep contending, and winning. I didn't realize Drury has only 4 assists (and no goals) in 19 games this season. Crazy.

lebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:14 AM
UAGoalieGuy

This team is going to end up with close to 300 man games lost to injury and still has a good shot at making the playoffs.

Crazy stuff.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:29 AM
DekeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebear View Post
That's in a way hilarious, and we keep contending, and winning. I didn't realize Drury has only 4 assists (and no goals) in 19 games this season. Crazy.

Actually what is really hilarious, is that Gaborik is included in the healthy ones still on this club. Ironic.

DekeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeR View Post
Actually what is really hilarious, is that Gaborik is included in the healthy ones still on this club. Ironic.

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:56 AM
The Mouth

The rangers are resilient as all hell and as ludicrous as these injuries are, They are keeping things afloat.

They still manage 3rd period comebacks and if they can ever fix the first period blues, they will win more.

Its a credit to the coaching staff who has to coach all these youngsters on the fly as they play their first games/years in the NHL.

This team has guts we should all be proud.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 09:13 AM
rody

Being a long time fan of Girardi since his days in Barrie. He has not missed a game since 2002.

rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 09:21 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Only downside is the young players on two contracts have their pro-rated portion of the NHL salary count against the summer cap. Example. Dale Weise. Spent 27 days on the NHL. $90,000 cap hit. Weise is a group II this summer. Rangers give him the QO to retain his rights but his 27 days count in the summer cap. The two way contract helps the Rangers in cases of McDonagh($1.3M) and Zuccarello($1.75M). Only the days spent on the roster during 10-11 count against the summer cap.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 09:31 AM
valence

i'm just hoping that by the time all these kids are ready lundy will still be on top of his game...is their another goalie prospect upcoming? No good if our goaltending is average when the kids reach their prime

valence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 09:31 AM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
It's forcing the Rangers to give big time minutes to their kids. And boy oh boy are the kids playing well (im talking Anisimov, Stepan, MZA, McDonagh, Staal, etc)

Start Kreider off on the 4th line and let him work his way up.
Yes, this is the one bright spot in terms of injuries. Everytime I see another I am a bit upset, but then think "well at least another young guy will get a chance".

My only disagreement really is that if Kreider doesn't make one of the top 3 lines out of camp, I would rather see him start in the AHL to learn the pro game. 4th line minutes is less than oideal for a young player to start at. On the other hand, Torts does tend to roll his lines and Avery/Prust are decent line mates, so you may have a point. I think Kreider might need a little AHL seasoning though, didn't seem hurt the hobbit any.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
That's a pretty thin silver lining though.
The injuries are in place regardless, no harm in looking at whatever bright side there is in the situation.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:04 AM
JerseyRangers

Gee imagine that. The worst GM in the league (according to some on this board) has actually managed to put together a very young team with very good depth that can actually compete. Guess he must have gotten very lucky in the draft!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
IIs it possible we could see something like this?

Dubinsky - Stepan - Gaborik
Wolski - Anisimov - Callahan
Grachev - Boyle - Zuccarello-Aasen
Kreider - Avery - Prust

Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Sauer
MDZ - Eminger/Valentenko/Kundratek

Not really possible. Grachev hasn't proven that he can play consistently at a high level in the AHL, much less in the AHL. Put Prust where he is on the third line.

Kreider will need time in the AHL, at least half a season, maybe as much as two seasons.

Dubinsky - Stepan - Gaborik
Wolski - Anisimov - Callahan
Prust - Boyle - Zuccarello-Aasen
Avery - Drury - Boo/Weise

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:47 AM
blue425

Quote:
Snip
This team continues to impress me regardless of how many find their way onto IR.

They are weathering this storm of injuries like veterans, which is no easy feat. And like many others here I am kind of excited (keeping my fingers crossed that it happens) to see this team get healthy.

Bravo Rangers.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
This is why I am continually amazed by the never ending threads clamoring after any 30+ player on the downside of his career.

We don't need a "veteran defenseman" who wasn't good enough to stick with any other team.

We don't need this older version of Brad Richards looking for a retirement contract that will be an astronomical cap hit for declining production long into the future.

We don't need a 33 year old Iginla in exchange for top level prospects.

For the first time perhaps ever, the Rangers have a solid pipeline of players who can contribute. Let's not **** that up by reverting to the worn out Rangers formula of bringing in faded superstars...

And by the way, the Islanders don't suck because they don't have vets, they suck b/c the young players werent good enough (though I think they've turned the corner).
I tend to agree although the way I look at it isn't that this team, when healthy, is a real contender/force... they just haven't dipped that much due to all the injuries. Various players have stepped up to SUSTAIN this teams level... getting guys back won't vastly IMPROVE the team.

That being said, the key to this team becoming a force is really about Gabby... becoming a consitent force... if he can get going I'd be more confident for sure.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

If all of these injuries had happened on defense instead of forward then...... Redden would be back by now. Doesn't that just boggle your mind?

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Vitto79

So Vinny is being teasted after the Break. Let's hope it's all good and we get surprised with a return in early February

so going to the game Feb 7th in Detroit is it legit to think Callahan, Fedotenko, Christensen will be back? Also maybe a long shot but Prospal and Dubinsky?