HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Highly Talented LW Prospect to Toronto

Old
01-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Dylbot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
Why are you guys laughing at my proposal?

Let's face facts here:

The Leafs need more offense. They have a surplus of defense.

The Oilers need better defense. They have a surplus of young, talented forwards.

Isn't it obvious that you would swap Hall and Schenn? The Oilers wouldn't be in bad shape. They'd still have Eberle, Omark, and MPS as young forwards. Their D would be terribly better overnight and with some added depth through free agency they could make the playoffs. Same goes with the Leafs. Too many defensemen, not enough scoring forwards. They can afford to lose Schenn for Hall.
Hall is on pace to produce about what Stamkos did in his first season. Would you trade Stamkos for Schenn?

Dylbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Dylbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
If you want Hall maybe your genius GM should have thought about those picks he traded first.
He's a Canucks fan. haha

And the Leafs wouldn't have been able to select Hall anyway.

Dylbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 11:25 AM
johnnyutah

mattias tedenby for keith aulie +

johnnyutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 11:40 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughsWeKnow View Post
replace Drury with Dubinsky and the leafs will consider.
yeah... no

Gaborik > Kessel (talent wise, Kessel's age and salary is more favourable)
Kreider > 6 months of Kaberle ( I could definitely see Kaberle resigning with TO too... No matter how he is treating - he wants to play there)
Drury < Nothing

the point of this trade for NY would be have three purposes in order of importance:
1) unload Drury
2) Get younger (Kessel will enter his prime as the rest of the team does)
3) Free up cap space. Even if Kaberle bolts - NY frees up (7.5-6)+ 7 = 9.5 million.

Putting in Dubinsky would not only skew the value - but remove one of the main purposes of the trade - unloading Drury.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 11:55 AM
leafsforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Barr View Post
You guys have Versteeg, Kulemin, and MacArthur with Caputi, Ross, Mueller, D'Amigo and McKegg in your prospect pool. Why do you need help on the left wing?

Kulemin is on the second line
Versteeg is on the third line
McArthur plays right wing.

We a first liner

leafsforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 11:57 AM
leafsforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylbot View Post
He's a Canucks fan. haha

And the Leafs wouldn't have been able to select Hall anyway.
Without Kessel's 30 goals, probably.

leafsforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:04 PM
exporta

I think Stoa may be a good option... we may have the movable assets to acquire him.

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Omark+Gagner for Schenn+4th
I would take this, we would probably have to add Bozak or a D prospect.

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
yeah... no

Gaborik > Kessel (talent wise, Kessel's age and salary is more favourable)
Kreider > 6 months of Kaberle ( I could definitely see Kaberle resigning with TO too... No matter how he is treating - he wants to play there)
Drury < Nothing

the point of this trade for NY would be have three purposes in order of importance:
1) unload Drury
2) Get younger (Kessel will enter his prime as the rest of the team does)
3) Free up cap space. Even if Kaberle bolts - NY frees up (7.5-6)+ 7 = 9.5 million.

Putting in Dubinsky would not only skew the value - but remove one of the main purposes of the trade - unloading Drury.
Yup, as a Leafs fan I would take that deal and run, not sure what the guy you quoted was thinking.

Old
01-23-2011, 12:50 PM
TheLaughsWeKnow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
Yup, as a Leafs fan I would take that deal and run, not sure what the guy you quoted was thinking.
Thing is I don't really want Drury lol

TheLaughsWeKnow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 2050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Barr View Post
You guys have Versteeg, Kulemin, and MacArthur with Caputi, Ross, Mueller, D'Amigo and McKegg in your prospect pool. Why do you need help on the left wing?
Because the trade is to find someone for Kessel. I don't how many of these players can actually get Kessel to where his game needs to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylbot View Post
Hall is on pace to produce about what Stamkos did in his first season. Would you trade Stamkos for Schenn?
Failed logic. Its highly highly highly unlikely Hall has that break-out sophomore year that Stamkos does. Just because they put up the same numbers or similar to in their first year does not mean they are equivalent. That would be like saying since Skinner is having a better rookie year, he has more upside than Stamkos and Hall.

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 2050
Quote:
Hes what makes that deal somewhat realistic though.

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:
That's what the centerpiece of the deal is, a salary dump and an exchange of youth from both sides.

Old
01-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Duffman955

I am intrigued by stoa, tangradi and kreider.What would it take to acquire each of them. I think macarthur and versteeg may be used in this.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 01:03 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
lol no one really wants him.

He is so intangible, you don't notice him.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 01:04 PM
oilers92

vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
Failed logic. Its highly highly highly unlikely Hall has that break-out sophomore year that Stamkos does. Just because they put up the same numbers or similar to in their first year does not mean they are equivalent. That would be like saying since Skinner is having a better rookie year, he has more upside than Stamkos and Hall.
he was trying to prove to the nucks troll that hall is worth more then schenn and not a bad player or bust like he was saying

oilers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
I agree.

Gaborik will be an upgrade on kessel. Kreider is a great power forward prospect.

But I am a little worried by gabbys injury history and drury's cap hit is a bit ridiculous even for a salary dump. But i think the good outweighs the bad.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:58 AM
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
I think you may be overrating Hall a little bit. I've watched many Oilers games this year, and I've yet to see an amazing goal by him. Most of them are just shots, tips, and garbage goals. I thought I'd see a little more out of him considering he's a finesse player. That's the concern, though: is he in the NHL to score grinder goals or nice goals? Which is why I think it's alright at this time to trade him for Schenn. Schenn isn't THAT good yet but at least he's heading more towards his career path than Hall is. You give up some defensive help to take a risk on an offensive player.

If you watched tonight, he had a goal that had the accuracy, patience and finesse of a veteran sniper

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 01:07 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Weathers View Post
If you watched tonight, he had a goal that had the accuracy, patience and finesse of a veteran sniper
Hall has had quite a few highlight reel goals, I know this because he scored two against us. Who ever posted those comments about Hall being overrated doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Hall was/is the clear #1, he's just an explosive player. Skinner is where the scouts screwed up, he should have went ahead of Seguin.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:23 AM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbloodhockey View Post
Hall has had quite a few highlight reel goals, I know this because he scored two against us. Who ever posted those comments about Hall being overrated doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Hall was/is the clear #1, he's just an explosive player. Skinner is where the scouts screwed up, he should have went ahead of Seguin.
Scouts did not screw up on seguin, the problem is that he is playing third line minutes on a defensive minded team. How his offense will ever develop in that system in Boston baffles me but we will see. The kid definitely has talent.

That canucks fan is a genious! Schenn for Hall! LOL! although your post made sense (with the needs of both teams), you got to realize that Halls max potential is of superstardom while shenns is of stardom. I just think you are underrating hall a bit too much- it is his first year.

And I wouldn't trade schenn for MPS and Omark. Those are two very young and skilled guys but I would much rather have schenn come playoff time. I would only trade schenn for top line talent( hall included).

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:41 AM
Rover*

Hodgson or 2011 1st round pick + Mason Raymond for Schenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
And I wouldn't trade schenn for MPS and Omark. Those are two very young and skilled guys but I would much rather have schenn come playoff time. I would only trade schenn for top line talent( hall included).
They probably need a lot of help getting there.

Rover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:50 AM
Terryo24

The Leafs need a deal like the Calgary deal or the deal they did with us. They sent expiring contracts to Calgary and got back sold players. They sent futures to us and got Kessel. They sent futures again to Chicago and got Versteeg. If Toronto does make a trade I think it will be that kind of deal. I don't think they will do the same as with us but if there is a 21 year with potential like we gave up why not? The lynching from their fan base maybe. The way I see it we got a good guy in Seguin hopefully he will reach his potential and this years pick also looks good.

Terryo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Bob Barker

Quote:
I wouldn't do it either. Gaborik is better, but can't stay healthy and Drury's contract is a nightmare.

How about the Leafs let a young player fully develop before they trade him for once.

Bob Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:19 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwingsnCudi13 View Post
Gunarsson+ for Omark seems fair
No thanks, the Oilers have enough bottom 4 d-men without adding Gunnar. Unless that + is the Leafs 2nd round pick this year, and I still question it.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

How about you draft one

oh wait

Mr Forever is online now   Reply With Quote