HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zherdev

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2011, 12:16 PM
BrindamoursNose

vCash: 500
Zherdev

This is just something I said to myself as I was watching Zherdev make a blind pass to...no one.

Does Ol' Saint Nik even bother to look for his teammates? I regularly see him make blind passes that result in a turnover, as well as trying to deke out the entire opposing team by himself, which also results in either a turnover or a wasted opportunity.

It's maddening I say! Tell me it isn't just me.

Old
01-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Nodl not being able to hit the net from 5 yards out is far more worrying that Zherdev's play at the moment.

Old
01-23-2011, 12:20 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
That pass today was fine, Carter had gone for a line change

Old
01-23-2011, 12:21 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Stop *****ing and complaining about Zherdev. Get Nodl the **** off this team he is horrible. Why isn't JVR in today might I add?

Old
01-23-2011, 12:26 PM
HoverCarle*

Nodl plays good hockey, he just cannot score. He should be on the 4th line

Old
01-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain richie18 View Post
Stop *****ing and complaining about Zherdev. Get Nodl the **** off this team he is horrible. Why isn't JVR in today might I add?
He's hurt.

Also don't understand the Nodl hate... he shouldn't be playing on Richards' line, but he's been significantly better than I expected coming into the season.

Old
01-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Nodl plays good hockey, he just cannot score. He should be on the 4th line
Bingo, would make a fantastic 4th liner, and played very well on the fourth line in the play-offs. Reminds me a good deal of thoreson. Had all the offensive tools, but couldn't use them, but was solid on the backcheck.

I hate to rag on him, but he will be nothing more than a fourth liner in the NHL. He can't put together his offensive in long enough streaks to be on a scoring line. He is actually hurting the lines production.

Old
01-23-2011, 12:36 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
He's hurt.

Also don't understand the Nodl hate... he shouldn't be playing on Richards' line, but he's been significantly better than I expected coming into the season.
People need whipping boys. He's the only guy in the top 9 who isn't a top 6 forward. He sticks out, nevermind that he's played better than anyone could have expected.

At this point, the Richards line is as close as we're going to have to a traditional third line, meaning Nodl is more than fine. If he knocks in 15 goals this year combined with solid work along the boards and in all three zones, then everyone should be extremely pleased.

Old
01-23-2011, 12:57 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
That pass today was fine, Carter had gone for a line change
I feel like Carter went off long before the pass. Why didn't Zherdev just glance to his left to see Carter was long gone?

Old
01-23-2011, 01:00 PM
HoverCarle*

Z just had a great shift there a few minutes ago too.

I find it frustrating that he doesnt keep his feet moving, but he is worth having in the lineup

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 01-23-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old
01-23-2011, 01:25 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
He's hurt.

Here here. 2 years ago I was wanting to go to Philly to break his legs myself just because he was so terrible. He's actually played very well this season. I'm happy I was wrong and that managment was patient with him. I also don't think Nik is too bad either. I prefer JVR over either of them (though I understand he's hurt right now) but I'd still take either of them over Powe. I love Powe's hustle but skill-wise he sucks.

Old
01-23-2011, 01:34 PM
HoverCarle*

besidees that 1 pass in the first Zherdev has had a great game

Old
01-23-2011, 01:40 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

I think Zherdev has been playing good hockey... Yesterday against NJD he looked very good live, great stretch passes for the most part.... And it really seemed as if he was hustling... And today its great that Lavs is rewarding him, were seeing alot of Carts-Roo-Z today

Old
01-23-2011, 01:41 PM
phlocky

Quote:
besidees that 1 pass in the first Zherdev has had a great game
At the beginning of the year he was playing like he did his entire career, honestly it was just without much structure. He got in Lavs doghouse a bit and he told Nik he had to work hard. Nik DID and it shows in his play over the last month and a half. He's playing much more responsible in all 3 zones and also without the puck. I give him a lot of credit. He's always had the skill and now he's finaly playing a complete game (or as close as anyone would have wanted from him back when he was first drafted).

Personally, I hope that we trade Carle in the off season, promote Mezz to Prongers left partner and resign Nik. Personally I think we are a better team having Walker on the 3rd pairing and Zherdev in the top 9 than we are with Mezz on the 3rd pairing and say Powe or Carcillo in the top 9.

Old
01-23-2011, 02:10 PM
BringBackStevens

Nodl has been great, no clue what you guys are smoking

Old
01-23-2011, 02:18 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
I think most ppl here are happy with Nodl.

Old
01-23-2011, 02:24 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
I love everything about his play except scoring. He really needs to find a way to cash in on the chances he gets

Old
01-23-2011, 02:34 PM
phlocky

Quote:
I love everything about his play except scoring. He really needs to find a way to cash in on the chances he gets
We have a plethora of scorers, we don't NEED Nodl to be another one. I'm happy with him playing well in all 3 zones. We are winning more because we play a complete TEAM game rather than have a few stars carrying the team and everyone else just doing their own thing. I think Nodl compliments our current lineup very well. Of course I'd like to have my cake and eat it too with having him play well in all 3 zones AND be a 30+ goal scorer but I'll take the Nodl we have now. We are the #1 scoring team in the NHL and Nodl is a +11. He's obviously a help when he's out there on the ice.

Old
01-23-2011, 04:02 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

People take blind passes, sometimes it works other times it doesn't.

He saw Roo coming in on the rush and expected Carter to be there as well.

Do we really need to create a thread and dissect every "poor" play he does?

I love Gagne, but right now we really shouldn't be complaining about Z.

Nikolay Zherdev 42gp, 15g, 4a, 19pts, +6, ATOI:12:25, PP TOI/G: 0:58
Simon Gagne 31gp, 6g, 4a, 10pts, -22, ATOI:16:18, PP TOI/G:3:02

Old
01-23-2011, 04:09 PM
jb**

Quote:
i guess peoples definition of great differ

Old
01-23-2011, 04:12 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
We have a plethora of scorers, we don't NEED Nodl to be another one. I'm happy with him playing well in all 3 zones. We are winning more because we play a complete TEAM game rather than have a few stars carrying the team and everyone else just doing their own thing. I think Nodl compliments our current lineup very well. Of course I'd like to have my cake and eat it too with having him play well in all 3 zones AND be a 30+ goal scorer but I'll take the Nodl we have now. We are the #1 scoring team in the NHL and Nodl is a +11. He's obviously a help when he's out there on the ice.
Thats a cop out imo. He has many point blank chances that he flubs. He needs to capitalize on the chances that come his way for him to solidfy a spot on the 3rd line. He hasnt. Maybe next year he continues to grow and it clicks at that point. Maybe tis year but i dont see many signs lately. So tired of his 1 move when he has the puck going down the boards. He carries it behind the net. Just once i would like him to drive the net or try something different.

Old
01-23-2011, 04:13 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
i guess peoples definition of great differ
He has been good, but sometimes looks lost in our own end.

He has been good along the boards, and constantly drives the net taking any punishment. We need that on Richies line, and JVR hasn't been paired with Richie enough to drop Nodl down.

He has stones for hand, so we shouldn't expect consistency out of him. If he hits 15goals that is great for him.

Old
01-23-2011, 04:17 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
I don't think Nodl's ever going to be a prolific NHL scorer, but in all honesty, I'm completely okay with that.

He's very good at what he does, and we have the offensive talent to compensate.

Quite frankly, he is very useful in the top 9. I'm going to go ahead and say that he's more important to us than Zherdev.

But another point on the Zherdev bashing. At some point people around this board are going to need to realize that he is exactly what he always was. Nothing's going to change. It can be frustrating, but he's not our lead forward. In a complementary role, he's just a bonus. You have no right to complain about getting free cookies regardless of what kind of cookies they are.

Old
01-23-2011, 04:18 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Nodl's a pretty strong defensive player who can probably hit 10-10-20 or 15-15-30, guys like that have some nice value for your 3rd line (which is essentially Richie's line except that Richie finds ways to put up points).

Old
01-23-2011, 04:20 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
He has been good, but sometimes looks lost in our own end.

He has been good along the boards, and constantly drives the net taking any punishment. We need that on Richies line, and JVR hasn't been paired with Richie enough to drop Nodl down.

He has stones for hand, so we shouldn't expect consistency out of him. If he hits 15goals that is great for him.
he has been solid. He had that nice little stretch but since and before avg. He is 4th line player which is fine until he can show that consistency. He has had playing time with skilled players for quite some time now. I dont think he drives the net enough. His board work is ok nothing special imo.

Closed Thread