HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Igor's first game as a Devil

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2003, 11:57 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Igor's first game as a Devil

Hello all, just wondering how he looked. I saw he got two assists tonight and I couldn't be happier for him. Obviously wish he could have stayed with the Wings but best of luck to him in NJ!

Old
10-09-2003, 05:29 AM
4check22

Send a message via MSN to 4check22 Send a message via Yahoo to 4check22
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Hello all, just wondering how he looked. I saw he got two assists tonight and I couldn't be happier for him. Obviously wish he could have stayed with the Wings but best of luck to him in NJ!
According to Niedermayer, he is the best passer in the game today that he has played with. He had nothing but great things to say about Igor. I'm excited to have him here to set up some of our scorers. Whoever has the pleasure of playing on his line is guaranteed to get some open looks with the puck. Great player!

Old
10-09-2003, 08:14 AM
Blackjack

It's really a pleasure to watch Igor carry the puck, he seems to just slow the game down. No insane homerun passes like Gomez and Rafalski, just a lot of clever drop passes and give-and-gos. I think he'll have a good year. Even when he was on Detroit he was one of my favorite players.

Old
10-09-2003, 09:17 AM
openicehit04

Igors calmness and patience with the puck is amazing. At times I thought he was dead when the puck was in possession, that's how calm he is. Great addition to the team.. improving the pp already.

Old
10-09-2003, 11:09 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack
It's really a pleasure to watch Igor carry the puck, he seems to just slow the game down. No insane homerun passes like Gomez and Rafalski, just a lot of clever drop passes and give-and-gos. I think he'll have a good year. Even when he was on Detroit he was one of my favorite players.
Exactly. His patience is unsurpassed and he's an amazing passer. I really miss him on the Wings but what can ya do. Best of luck to him in NJ, i'll check back often (as I like a few other of the Devils players too).

Old
10-09-2003, 01:35 PM
jaydevils

Send a message via AIM to jaydevils
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Exactly. His patience is unsurpassed and he's an amazing passer. I really miss him on the Wings but what can ya do. Best of luck to him in NJ, i'll check back often (as I like a few other of the Devils players too).

When igor has the puck it seems like slow motion - not like he's moving slow but like he's moving faster then everyone else. That has always amazed me about his play.

Old
10-09-2003, 03:05 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydevils
When igor has the puck it seems like slow motion - not like he's moving slow but like he's moving faster then everyone else. That has always amazed me about his play.
I noticed the bullet time slow motion type effect once last night when he made a play skating into the Bruins defensive zone and he appeared to be in total control of the game for a few moments. It was impressive and at the same time quite surprising to see it so soon with him missing almost all of training camp. The professor is a great nickname for him. Makes a lot of sense to me now.

Closed Thread