HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings 05-06? Who are our Starters?

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2005, 01:27 PM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
I'm thinking that Lehoux will probably be retained...

Reaper, I think you'll like TK and I'm with you in that I don't think a line with Brown and TK on the wings is all that far fetched. Hell, put Avery between them and they'll beat the snot out of guys in the corners and Avery will have opponents talking to themselves half-way through their first shift...Oh, and the wings can score as well...There will be injuries and a wing on one of the top 2-lines will get hurt. There will be top six time that will need to be filled and they can work Brown into this time as the season and injuries require...

Weaver was paired with Grebs for much of the season and as Reggie said he'd be a good depth guy. I know the first reaction is that he's small but he doesn't play small at all. Look at it this way, he can stand directly in front of the goalie and not create a screen. Goalie just looks right over him... Honestly, he could easily be a 7th d-man especially if they open up the game the way they say they will. Which brings us to Grebs. Being that he grew-up playing without a red-line, he might actually benefit from the change if it really happens...

Old
07-06-2005, 02:36 PM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
I'm thinking that Lehoux will probably be retained...

Reaper, I think you'll like TK and I'm with you in that I don't think a line with Brown and TK on the wings is all that far fetched. Hell, put Avery between them and they'll beat the snot out of guys in the corners and Avery will have opponents talking to themselves half-way through their first shift...Oh, and the wings can score as well...There will be injuries and a wing on one of the top 2-lines will get hurt. There will be top six time that will need to be filled and they can work Brown into this time as the season and injuries require...

Weaver was paired with Grebs for much of the season and as Reggie said he'd be a good depth guy. I know the first reaction is that he's small but he doesn't play small at all. Look at it this way, he can stand directly in front of the goalie and not create a screen. Goalie just looks right over him... Honestly, he could easily be a 7th d-man especially if they open up the game the way they say they will. Which brings us to Grebs. Being that he grew-up playing without a red-line, he might actually benefit from the change if it really happens...
totally agree on Brown and TK on the wings sounds pretty good to me in LA. Brown is very good in the corners and along the boards, who if he is on the same line would Avery could be nasty to deal with. Both guys are pretty much the same except Brown has more offensive skill. But both guys are tenacious and will do anything when fighting for the puck in the corners and along the boards.
As far as Weaver goes I just dont know if he can be with the Kings with Visnovski being on the small side at 5' 10" Dont know if you can have 2 small dmen even IF they get Pronger and even with the new rules.
Grebs can benifit no doubt with the new rules of being more wide open IF he learns to be more confident with the puck, which is something he really needs to work on.

Old
07-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
That's not necessarily a good thing. The Kings should try and bring in another #1 capable goalie if possible.
I'm a habs fan and I think you guys will be very happy with Garon. Personally, I think he'll be one of the top goalies in the league within a couple years. Not only is he a great goalie, but he's a real team guy. He's got the quickest feet I've seen. I love the direction your team has taken. Good luck next year.

Old
07-06-2005, 05:59 PM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Lindros is the best we want the best - We need that power foward DESPERATELY and no one else can do that. When AM was asked which one player he would build a franchise around he said Lindros so i'm sure he'd be happy with him too // Who is dependable injury wise when playing for anything related to the Kings?
Is Lindros a great player when healthy? Yeah but the fact is he's not healthy often. He's played 1 full season in his career. People complain about the Kings injuries the last 2 years or blame Murray for the injuries the last two years, but the fact is, the Kings have acquired several injury prone players over the past few years and Surprise! they got hurt as a King. Thinking Lindros is going to stay healthy as a King is wishful thinking. He's going to get hurt at one point, whether its he'll miss 5 games or 30 games remains to be seen but with the Kings luck and Lindros's history, I'd bet on the latter number. The Kings need to stop acquiring players prone to injury and then acting shocked when they get hurt. Did anyone actually think Straka wouldn't get hurt after the Kings traded for him? Injuries are going to happen, they're a part of hockey. However the Kings knew the risks of signing or trading for players who are injury prone and they got burned for it. It's time to stop playing with the matches.

Old
07-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings
Is Lindros a great player when healthy? Yeah but the fact is he's not healthy often. He's played 1 full season in his career. People complain about the Kings injuries the last 2 years or blame Murray for the injuries the last two years, but the fact is, the Kings have acquired several injury prone players over the past few years and Surprise! they got hurt as a King. Thinking Lindros is going to stay healthy as a King is wishful thinking. He's going to get hurt at one point, whether its he'll miss 5 games or 30 games remains to be seen but with the Kings luck and Lindros's history, I'd bet on the latter number. The Kings need to stop acquiring players prone to injury and then acting shocked when they get hurt. Did anyone actually think Straka wouldn't get hurt after the Kings traded for him? Injuries are going to happen, they're a part of hockey. However the Kings knew the risks of signing or trading for players who are injury prone and they got burned for it. It's time to stop playing with the matches.

Great post
Just so you know Straka was already hurt when the Kings traded for him. He just injured the other knee

Old
07-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:

That's what I thought. Brown and TK on the wings with a guy like Avery in the middle would annoy the **** out of teams, and could chip in quite a few goals. I think that 3rd line could outplay one of Avery-Belanger-Lappy.

Old
07-06-2005, 06:43 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings
you didnt read the ending of what i wrote. Anyone and everyone is injury prone on our team i dont know if you realized yet EVERYONE was injured at some time. Being more prone or not doesnt mean @#$% while on our team either way you are injured so why not have a generational talent play while he can

Old
07-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Sure anyone can get injured at anytime everyone has been injured at some point. But let's be realistic Lindros has had 6 or 7 bad concussions that we know of. Concussions don't ever heal and someone that has had multiple bad concussions is 100X more prone to have another.

Sincerely,

Brett Lindros, Pat LaFontaine, Steve Young, Dave Taylor and unfortunately Adam Deadmarsh

Old
07-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Sure anyone can get injured at anytime everyone has been injured at some point. But let's be realistic Lindros has had 6 or 7 bad concussions that we know of. Concussions don't ever heal and someone that has had multiple bad concussions is 100X more prone to have another.

Sincerely,

Brett Lindros, Pat LaFontaine, Steve Young, Dave Taylor and unfortunately Adam Deadmarsh
I've had 3 playing football over the years, and I can honestly say that I'll never be the same after the first one. You don't play the same way knowing any hit could lay you out for weeks.

Old
07-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I've had 3 playing football over the years, and I can honestly say that I'll never be the same after the first one. You don't play the same way knowing any hit could lay you out for weeks.
I've had 2 pretty bad ones and concur completely

Old
07-06-2005, 08:34 PM
King Blazer

No wonder I like you guys, put me in for three, 2 of which involved loss of consciousness...

Old
07-06-2005, 09:10 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
I amazingly have had none yet i have mental issues am Bipolar Manik where have major mood swings like really happy then depressed and also have on and off severe depression problems..... I think that **** blows getting up looking at yourself and seeing new scars or huge cuts along you you dont remember doing ya its creepy stuff.... // I know few people who have had concusions though ya they suck

Old
07-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
No wonder I like you guys, put me in for three, 2 of which involved loss of consciousness...
Ha same here. The concussions are why I stopped playing semi-pro football.

Old
07-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Fat Elvis

Concussions? I'll tell you all about them once someone answers that damn phone that's been ringin'. Seriously, you guys crack me up. Just keep thinkin'. Lindros....that's a good one. Have you seen his stats the last five years? If he's the "best" our sports in big trouble.

Old
07-06-2005, 11:54 PM
jt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn

Sincerely,

Just to clarify something. Concussions do "heal" (meaning you recover to the point of being able to use your brain just as well as you used to). But each concussion makes you more susceptible to have another...AND it takes longer for each successive one to heal to the point where it may take longer for that last one to heal than you'll live.

But with proper care, true concussions do heal. Now that thing that Allison had doesn't heal....but it was a chemical imbalance and not a concussion.

Closed Thread