HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Senators decide to rebuild

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2011, 04:00 PM
  #51
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,716
vCash: 500
Mike Fisher to St. Louis for Blues 2nd + Anthony Nigro?

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:05 PM
  #52
bert
Registered User
 
bert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
Mike Fisher to St. Louis for Blues 2nd + Anthony Nigro?
Change the second to a first and you have a deal.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:05 PM
  #53
armani
Guy Likes
 
armani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
Mike Fisher to St. Louis for Blues 2nd + Anthony Nigro?
The team lost it's moxy since Emery left, so...

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:05 PM
  #54
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,039
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I think Fischer will fetch a 1st from a team willing to overpay. The style he plays is exactly what the playoffs are for. Kovalev will probably be sold for something pretty worthless, I feel he can hurt a locker room more then help them on the ice at this point. Spezza should stay unless the deal is too good.

Alfredson is the player I see most likely to be traded, the team owes him a chance to win a cup, and if they are going to rebuild, he doesnt have a chance.

Phillips as a UFA at years end is now not coming back, not sure what he can fetch, but we will see soon enough.

Kovalev better not come to MTL, that would sicken me too much.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:07 PM
  #55
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselisboss View Post
Im predicting....

Gonchar to- Caps or Boston For Boston 1st and 3rd

Alfredsson to LA For 1st+

Phillips to San Jose for 2nd+ Prospect

Spezza to Atlanta for Burmistrov+ 1st+ 3rd

Build around Fisher (basically interim captain)
Karlsson
Cowen
Burmistrov
Top 5 pick

10 bucks says they win the cup before the leafs do.

I'll take that bet

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:08 PM
  #56
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I think Fischer will fetch a 1st from a team willing to overpay. The style he plays is exactly what the playoffs are for. Kovalev will probably be sold for something pretty worthless, I feel he can hurt a locker room more then help them on the ice at this point. Spezza should stay unless the deal is too good.

Alfredson is the player I see most likely to be traded, the team owes him a chance to win a cup, and if they are going to rebuild, he doesnt have a chance.

Phillips as a UFA at years end is now not coming back, not sure what he can fetch, but we will see soon enough.

Kovalev better not come to MTL, that would sicken me too much.
I can see kovalev going to montreal for 4th round pick.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:09 PM
  #57
bert
Registered User
 
bert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I'll take that bet
Sure would be nice from a sens fans POV wouldnt it haha.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:17 PM
  #58
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,039
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
I can see kovalev going to montreal for 4th round pick.
vomit. Really don't want him back. We have plenty of perimeter shooters, AKost is finally battling in the corners, we don't need him to go back to playing perimeter hockey like he did with Kovalev. If he comes back, wont take long before he finds himself in the doghouse and becomes a pain in the ass for the team.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:18 PM
  #59
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,401
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=bert;30410116]Sure would be nice from a sens fans POV wouldnt it haha.[/QUOTE

I'd be 10 bucks richer you can already see the Core developing for us in Schenn Kuli Kessel Grabo Macarthur and maybe Kadriwe also have somer eal solid under 30 depth guys in Versteeg Armstrong, Brown and Orr.

we just need a couple top line guys to play with Kessel.

in Ottawa most of their core is going to get shipped out they are going to get stripped don to the bare bones something we have already done with Kaberle being the only guy from the previous management team.

there is no way the sens win a cup before us.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:23 PM
  #60
Bluester
Registered User
 
Bluester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas City, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Change the second to a first and you have a deal.
I wouldn't give up a first for Fisher. 2nd and a prospect. However no Schwartz or Tarasenko.

Bluester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:25 PM
  #61
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonite View Post
Alfredsson and Gonchar have both been consistent point producer since the lockout iirc. Yes, aging players have a tendency to have a decline in their production levels, but they don't drop off a cliff like we've seen with these two this season.

Key injuries to players like Spezza and the teams disappointing play are obvious key factors as to why they are where they are, but glancing at a stat sheet and drawing conclusions is laughable.

As a side note, please use punctuation.
Side note I looked at roster at start of season and thought it was laughable, like many of you're posts. And if you think that roster is a playoff team you need to seriously rethink you're skill evaluating they are a weak team because they are weak. And also I dont use stats at as a indicator maybe you do I look at age offense ability in a club as well as defense and goaltending. And there is no stats to go on at beggining of season where I stated Ottawa would be near the bottom


Last edited by Oilmageddon*: 01-23-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:26 PM
  #62
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,039
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post

I'd be 10 bucks richer you can already see the Core developing for us in Schenn Kuli Kessel Grabo Macarthur and maybe Kadriwe also have somer eal solid under 30 depth guys in Versteeg Armstrong, Brown and Orr.

we just need a couple top line guys to play with Kessel.

in Ottawa most of their core is going to get shipped out they are going to get stripped don to the bare bones something we have already done with Kaberle being the only guy from the previous management team.

there is no way the sens win a cup before us.
Where you going to get these top line players you speak of? I guess UFA is one way but with all these long term contracts, you won't have to opportunity to grab some the way teams have in the past. Another year without your first doesn't help.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:27 PM
  #63
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,039
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluester View Post
I wouldn't give up a first for Fisher. 2nd and a prospect. However no Schwartz or Tarasenko.
Then you won't get him. Someone who has a chance to win will.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:28 PM
  #64
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,043
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=LEAFANFORLIFE23;30410361]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Sure would be nice from a sens fans POV wouldnt it haha.[/QUOTE

I'd be 10 bucks richer you can already see the Core developing for us in Schenn Kuli Kessel Grabo Macarthur and maybe Kadriwe also have somer eal solid under 30 depth guys in Versteeg Armstrong, Brown and Orr.

we just need a couple top line guys to play with Kessel.

in Ottawa most of their core is going to get shipped out they are going to get stripped don to the bare bones something we have already done with Kaberle being the only guy from the previous management team.

there is no way the sens win a cup before us.
Its hard to say ottawa has a few young players that could step up next year and ottawa aslo with a top 5 pick that will only help and who knows how many deals are made and what the returns are ottawa could be in real good shape going into next year.Unless you can see into the future no one can say the leafs will win the cup before ottawa or if ottawa will win before the leafs.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:29 PM
  #65
Akonite
Registered User
 
Akonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilsburnsclean View Post
Side note I looked at roster at start of season and thought it was laughable, like many of you're posts. And if you think that roster is a playoff team you need to seriously rethink you're skill evaluating they are a weak team because they are weak
The way you side track to personal attacks is a thing of beauty.

I never said they were a playoff team or made any conclusion about the Senators as a team, all I said was that Alfredsson and Gonchar are better than you're giving them credit.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:32 PM
  #66
Tinalera
Registered User
 
Tinalera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Known Universe
Posts: 6,097
vCash: 500
I've been thinking this for a while now that they should rebuild.

It may short term pain, but long term it's for the best IMO.

Best wishes on the rebuild


Last edited by Tinalera: 01-23-2011 at 04:35 PM. Reason: context
Tinalera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:33 PM
  #67
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK
 
therealkoho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: the Prior
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
It's the right move.

I can't imagine any team taking on Kovalev, but if they did the return would be next to nothing.
Same goes for Gonchar, but i would have to assume that the Sens would have to take an undesirable contract in return (although one that's not as hard to swallow as Gonchar's)

I could see Phillips going for a 2nd and change.


you know of his fond desire to go back to Montreal

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:34 PM
  #68
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonite View Post
The way you side track to personal attacks is a thing of beauty. I never said they were a playoff team or made any conclusion about the Senators as a team, all I said was that Alfredsson and Gonchar are better than you're giving them credit.
Well thankyou

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:37 PM
  #69
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,659
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Alfie better stay here...I'll be pissed if we trade him now. His game is gone, why not just let him stay with us!

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:38 PM
  #70
Luigi Lemieux
Registered User
 
Luigi Lemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
If Alfy was on an expiring contract, I'd love for the Pens to try and work something out, cap wise, to acquire him at the deadline. However, doesn't he have a couple of years (after this one) still left on his deal? Pens' don't have room for that.
I'd love to add Alfie or Iginla somehow. Philly's friggin stacked this year and the pens need to add something up front to take them out imo.

Luigi Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:38 PM
  #71
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
Alfie better stay here...I'll be pissed if we trade him now. His game is gone, why not just let him stay with us!
He wants to hoist the Holy Grail I'm guessing.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:40 PM
  #72
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,039
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
Alfie better stay here...I'll be pissed if we trade him now. His game is gone, why not just let him stay with us!
Someone is a little selfish. Let him go, he did all he could for Ottawa, now let him spread his wings

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:41 PM
  #73
exporta
Registered User
 
exporta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,043
vCash: 500
I wonder if Burke and Murray would work something around Kadri and Spezza...

Not sure I love the idea, but the Leafs get their #1 centre who I think would click with Kessel and Murray gets Kadri whom he coveted at the draft.

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:43 PM
  #74
Sheky Express
Registered User
 
Sheky Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Germany
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselisboss View Post
Im predicting....

Gonchar to- Caps or Boston For Boston 1st and 3rd

Alfredsson to LA For 1st+

Phillips to San Jose for 2nd+ Prospect

Spezza to Atlanta for Burmistrov+ 1st+ 3rd
Build around Fisher (basically interim captain)
Karlsson
Cowen
Burmistrov
Top 5 pick

10 bucks says they win the cup before the leafs do.
Done and done.....could we interest you in a slightly used Sopel as well, sir?

I can really see Spezza instantly sparking ATL's scoring and with the length of contract that's left growing quite nicely into the next few years of growth and (hopefully) playoff runs.

I'll call Duds...hang tight....

Sheky Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:43 PM
  #75
Sad Panda
Registered User
 
Sad Panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,493
vCash: 500
Excellent choice for the Sens. They flatout need to rebuild asap. The Leafs were in that spot a few years back and decided to attempt some garbage slap together job which failed again and again. Then we went with this "retool". Yeah, look where that got us... Flames are in the same spot, they should start rebuilding as well.

Here's to hoping the Sens get better along with the Leafs. I want to see them get the battle of Ontario going again, hopefully in the PlayOffs someday. All those years of meeting in the PlayOffs were great, now we're sad...

Sad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.