HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Senators decide to rebuild

Old
01-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Ibrahim
I Am A God

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
leafs
Oh yeah because the Leafs have great bluechip prospects like Seguin and this years top 5 pick......oh wait.

Ibrahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:25 PM
TerminatorBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilencerX View Post
Regin is NOT untouchable. Have him if you please.

On the roster untouchables: Spezza, Karlsson, Alfredsson, Kelly

In the org untouchables: Rundblad, Cowen, Lehner, Silfverberg, Sorensen, Stone, Petersson, Barry Brust
No way Spezza will be gone before the draft, he pretty much asked for a trade last summer and Murray changed his mind, with the team where it is now I wouldn't be surprised if he already gave Murray a list of teams.

As for untouchables, Karlsson for sure and Alfredsson if he doesn't request a trade. No disrespect to Ottawa fans but IMHO I think Cowen is a bit overrated and wouldn't be surprised if they traded him in a package deal for a better prospect/player.

Ottawa is doing it the right way and with the players they have they can cut Ottawa's rebuild time way down. Now if only Calgary/Jay Feaster would realize that they need to rebuild as well.

TerminatorBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:26 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
Oh yeah because the Leafs have great bluechip prospects like Seguin and this years top 5 pick......oh wait.
leafs are one of the youngest teams in the league. schenn , kardi , d'amigo , reimer , aulie , kessel , phaneuf , rynnas , versteeg , kulemin , grabovski , macarthur all under 25. i would say the leafs are ahead of the sens right now. no we don't have a 1st this year ** for now} but the sens are not ahead of the leafs right now.

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:30 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
leafs are one of the youngest teams in the league. schenn , kardi , d'amigo , reimer , aulie , kessel , phaneuf , rynnas , versteeg , kulemin , grabovski , macarthur all under 25. i would say the leafs are ahead of the sens right now. no we don't have a 1st this year ** for now} but the sens are not ahead of the leafs right now.
the sens are so far behind us in the rebuild it isn't even funny

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:33 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
absolutely. the battle of ontario will be very one sided for the next few years

Old
01-23-2011, 07:34 PM
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1

What would it cost to get Alfie to Vancouver?

John Swartzwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Lol at leaf fans

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:35 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
In fact there not the leafs maybe a bit a head now in some ways but no there not way a head of ottawa.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:36 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
absolutely. the battle of ontario will be very one sided for the next few years
The leafs are better short term ottawa is in better shape long term for the most part.

Old
01-23-2011, 07:37 PM
BlamBlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorth View Post
Who well "rebuild" faster the Leafs or the Sens?
If Ottawa doesn't trade their first rounders in hopes of a quick fix it will probably turn out better for them.

BlamBlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:37 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Lol at leaf fans
the sens fan asked who would rebuild quicker. we answered

Old
01-23-2011, 07:43 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Leafs legitimately good young players:
Stars: Kessel
Star Potential: Schenn, Kadri, Phaneuf
Top 6/Top 4 Potential: Versteeg, Kulemin, Grabovksi, Aulie, Gunnarsson
Potential Starter: Reimer

Sens legitimately good young players:
Stars: Spezza, Karlsson
Star Potential: Cowen, Rundblad, Michalek
Top 6/ Top 4 Potential: Regin, Foligno, Silfverberg, Butler, Wiercioch, Campoli
Potential Starter: Lehner

Looks pretty similar to me.
Spezza/Karlsson/Michalek is better than Kessel/Schenn/Phaneuf.
Versteeg/Kulemin/Grabo is better than Regin/Foligno.
Rundblad/Wiercioch/Cowen is better than Kadri/Aulie.
Lehner is better than Reimer.

Sens have a better old core... Who is retained and who will be there in 3-4 years when we're fully rebuilt is yet to be seen.
Its hard to say look better than the Sens right now, especially considering we have Alfredsson, Fisher, Phillips, Gonchar, Kuba, Kovalev, Ruutu, Neil, Kelly, most of whom will get us picks/prospects that are top 4 round and some will get us a lot more. Meanwhile, the Leafs have Kaberle and Giguere as tradable assets, as they are clearly not looking to move Beauchemin and Komisarek has no value. MacArthur could be traded but I think that'd be stupid. Sjostrom can get you guys 4th maybe, but again... I think resigning him is a way better idea for the Leafs.

Leafs have made more progress over the past few years but they had nothing before. Muckler screwed us over in terms of guys who are just NHL ready last year or now, but we still had a good young core when he left us that has left us in a better position than the Leafs are right now.

Imo.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Lol at leaf fans
Its a bit sad, really.

Actually, no its hilarious.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Sideline

Quote:
the sens fan asked who would rebuild quicker. we answered
Rebuild to what though? Making the playoffs or making a run in the playoffs? Toronto might make the playoffs again first, but neither team has any business pretending they know when they'll be good enough to seriously contend for a Cup. Both teams have serious holes that need to be addressed long term.

Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:50 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
In fact there not the leafs maybe a bit a head now in some ways but no there not way a head of ottawa.
the truth is we are. There are 4 Leafs right now that that would Lead the sens in goals Kessel Grabo Kuliemin and Macarthur all of which are 26 or younger and Versteeg isn't far off and he's only 24.

Luke Schenn is quickly developing into a rock solid young blueliner Nazem Kadri is playing VERY well in the AHL and James Reimer is showing progess in his development even after being sent down.

Yes the Maple Leafs ARE significantly ahead of the sens in their rebuild.

Old
01-23-2011, 07:52 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
the truth is we are. There are 4 Leafs right now that that would Lead the sens in goals Kessel Grabo Kuliemin and Macarthur all of which are 26 or younger and Versteeg isn't far off and he's only 24.

Luke Schenn is quickly developing into a rock solid young blueliner Nazem Kadri is playing VERY well in the AHL and James Reimer is showing progess in his development even after being sent down.

you are correct sir

Old
01-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Kingsfan1

I see :

Kings

and

Ottawa

making a deal

Kingsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:55 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:

Yeah but Spezza is better than all of them, Michalek is better than all but Kessel, Butler is doing the same in the AHL, Lehner is 3 years younger than Reimer and a great prospect, We have 4 top end defensive prospects as opposed to one. If you think Macarthur, Grabo, Kessel, and Kulemin making up 2/3rds of your top 6 will get you far... well, you're wrong. Neither teams future looks great, but the Sens have more top of the line prospects, not to mention a top 5 pick who will be better than any prospect either team has.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:57 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:

Again yes short term there better ottawa has more assets they can trade and aslo have a some real solid younger players.Your acting like ottawa has nothing in the minors or in there farm that fact is ottawa has some real solid young players.

Old
01-23-2011, 07:58 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I really don't think Ottawa has as many real trading assets as some of their fans think. The players they are going to want to dump are not going to get anything of significance and the ones that would are the ones that they would be smarter to keep. I don't get the plan of keeping Murray and Clouston until the end of the year. Do you really want Murray making these moves? If I was a new GM I would want to be the one making the trades to start the rebuild and not have to take one Murray got me, especially with his recent record.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:02 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Yeah but Spezza is better than all of them, Michalek is better than all but Kessel, Butler is doing the same in the AHL, Lehner is 3 years younger than Reimer and a great prospect, We have 4 top end defensive prospects as opposed to one. If you think Macarthur, Grabo, Kessel, and Kulemin making up 2/3rds of your top 6 will get you far... well, you're wrong. Neither teams future looks great, but the Sens have more top of the line prospects, not to mention a top 5 pick who will be better than any prospect either team has.
I think Kuli Grabovoski and Macarthur is a very good 2nd line in fact I know they are because I watch thrm game in game out. I won't argue that S[ezza is better then anybody on our team because he might be but there is not a single winger on your team yjay I would take over Kessel.

Kessel is the gam breaker you guys don't have and unless you guys can sign semin you guys won't get it anytime soon

Old
01-23-2011, 08:03 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
I really don't think Ottawa has as many real trading assets as some of their fans think. The players they are going to want to dump are not going to get anything of significance and the ones that would are the ones that they would be smarter to keep. I don't get the plan of keeping Murray and Clouston until the end of the year. Do you really want Murray making these moves? If I was a new GM I would want to be the one making the trades to start the rebuild and not have to take one Murray got me, especially with his recent record.
Most fans are not expecting a major return there expecting picks they could get another first round pick a couple 2nd round picks they will be in good shape.

Old
01-23-2011, 08:09 PM
BlamBlam

Quote:
2 years ahead in fact.

BlamBlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:10 PM
TheLaughsWeKnow*

Leafs are 2-3 big steps away from being a contender.

Sens have 5-10 years.

Hmmmmmm Ontario sure seems to be a disgrace to hockeykind atm

TheLaughsWeKnow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Carlton Orr*

Just rebuild the proper way!! None of this Toronto garbage by trading 1st round picks for 30 goal scorers.

Carlton Orr* is offline   Reply With Quote