HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers and Thrashers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2011, 06:40 PM
  #51
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Hall is not worth Enstrom straight up.

Even if you packaged one of Paajarvi/Eberle with Hall, it would not be enough for Enstrom.

All three, and Dudley would have to strongly consider it, but let's face it, Tambellini would NEVER consider that.

Enstrom is one of the best defensemen in the entire NHL. This season, he has been second only to Lidstrom.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:44 PM
  #52
sid49
#FreeGaza
 
sid49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
Hall is not worth Enstrom straight up.

Even if you packaged one of Paajarvi/Eberle with Hall, it would not be enough for Enstrom.

All three, and Dudley would have to strongly consider it, but let's face it, Tambellini would NEVER consider that.

Enstrom is one of the best defensemen in the entire NHL. This season, he has been second only to Lidstrom.
Only thing I can think of posting after that.

sid49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:46 PM
  #53
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
Hall is not worth Enstrom straight up.

Even if you packaged one of Paajarvi/Eberle with Hall, it would not be enough for Enstrom.

All three, and Dudley would have to strongly consider it, but let's face it, Tambellini would NEVER consider that.

Enstrom is one of the best defensemen in the entire NHL. This season, he has been second only to Lidstrom.
Wow. The sad thing is, you really believe that. You can keep Enstrom, I guess we'll have to settle for Hall.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:50 PM
  #54
molsonoilers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 161
vCash: 500
Another case of fans overvaluing their players. Enstrom is only +2 playing in front of Pavelec and playing with Byfuglien. Heck, half of the games he has been in he has been a minus and 13 games have been even. He makes up for it when the thrashers have a big offensive game and he goes +3 or 4. To say that he is a potential norris candidate this year is ridiculous unless he can bring his +/- up. To say that Dudley would have to "consider" Hall, Paajarvi and Eberle for Enstrom is absolutely insane. Hell, those three could get nearly anyone in the game except for the big name franchise players. Heck, by your logic those three MIGHT be worth Keith Yandle. Yeah, right.

molsonoilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:58 PM
  #55
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland
 
atl thrasher344's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonoilers View Post
Another case of fans overvaluing their players. Enstrom is only +2 playing in front of Pavelec and playing with Byfuglien. Heck, half of the games he has been in he has been a minus and 13 games have been even. He makes up for it when the thrashers have a big offensive game and he goes +3 or 4. To say that he is a potential norris candidate this year is ridiculous unless he can bring his +/- up. To say that Dudley would have to "consider" Hall, Paajarvi and Eberle for Enstrom is absolutely insane. Hell, those three could get nearly anyone in the game except for the big name franchise players. Heck, by your logic those three MIGHT be worth Keith Yandle. Yeah, right.
I don't agree with Citizen Kane, but the above bolded is wrong. He is a plus 2 in spite of Byfuglien, not because of him. If he wasn't playing with Byfuglien his +/- would be higher.

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:18 PM
  #56
N O T O R I O U S
╱█████★█████╲
 
N O T O R I O U S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ╲Eminemton
Posts: 13,668
vCash: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
Hall is not worth Enstrom straight up.

Even if you packaged one of Paajarvi/Eberle with Hall, it would not be enough for Enstrom.

All three, and Dudley would have to strongly consider it, but let's face it, Tambellini would NEVER consider that.

Enstrom is one of the best defensemen in the entire NHL. This season, he has been second only to Lidstrom.
Enstrom is really really overrated. there's not a single player from the Atlanta that I want for Hall straight up not even close oh yea and Paajarvi/Eberle with Hall, would not be enough to get Enstrom lol @ Thrasher fans.


Last edited by Patty Ice: 01-23-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: qdp
N O T O R I O U S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:24 PM
  #57
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 23,084
vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by karzanPalani View Post
Enstrom is really really overrated. there's not a single player from the Atlanta that I want for Hall straight up not even close oh yea and Paajarvi/Eberle with Hall, would not be enough to get Enstrom lol @ Thrasher fans.
How many times have you watched Enstrom play since he came into the league???

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:44 PM
  #58
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Enstrom is one of the best three defensemen in the entire NHL. He is the ONLY reason that anybody is considering Byfuglienf for Norris. Enstrom makes up for Byfuglien's boat load of mistakes, and still provides a ton of offensive talent on his own.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:51 PM
  #59
kurtcobang
Registered User
 
kurtcobang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Awesome post. Hall and Eberle lol

kurtcobang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:53 PM
  #60
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 23,084
vCash: 1165
Oiler fans, who do you think has the highest ceiling of anyone on Atlanta??? Just wondering what y'all think.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:56 PM
  #61
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,825
vCash: 500
I highly doubt they would trade Enstrom for Hall and Eberle, actually. They have solid young players on the wing. Why make a hole on their D? That's a big hole too. Teams don't trade top 3, Norris candidate defensemen.

An ATL fan went over the top, but stop making our entire fan base look clueless.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:58 PM
  #62
Ice Whole
Registered User
 
Ice Whole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Oiler fans, who do you think has the highest ceiling of anyone on Atlanta??? Just wondering what y'all think.
There are a lot of players in ATL that have a great future. Once Kane gets a bit bigger, he will be one hell of a player. Burmistrov has a lot of skill as well and once he gets more NHL experience and gets a bit bigger as well, he will be a very good player. Bogo has been hit with injuries but he is very talented, from what I have seen. He has the skillset along with the size to be a top 20 D-men in the league but needs to get it all together.

Ice Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:59 PM
  #63
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 23,084
vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehta View Post
There are a lot of players in ATL that have a great future. Once Kane gets a bit bigger, he will be one hell of a player. Burmistrov has a lot of skill as well and once he gets more NHL experience and gets a bit bigger as well, he will be a very good player. Bogo has been hit with injuries but he is very talented, from what I have seen. He has the skillset along with the size to be a top 20 D-men in the league but needs to get it all together.
And Enstrom's ceiling is higher then any of those players you named. Bogosian would be lucky to have years like Enstrom did his 1st two in the league.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:00 PM
  #64
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
tonight should prove how much enstrom means to atlanta. he's not getting traded.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:00 PM
  #65
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehta View Post
Maybe you and your entire fan base (yes, all 10 of them) should learn more about hockey in the Western Conference and stop overrating Enstrom so much. Hes good, probably a top 5 defencemen this year but he isn't worth more then Hall + Eberle or even Hall alone for that matter.
I live in Edmonton. I've seen enough of Hall to know that he's not worth Enstrom straight up. Eberle has looked good, but even coupled with Hall, it's not enough for Enstrom. You say Enstrom is top 5 this season, and I politely disagree. Enstrom is top 2 this season, was top 5 last season, and top 10 the season before. Enstrom has gotten better with each passing year, and doesn't seem to be slowing down.

Call me a homer, claim I don't know Western Conference or Oilers hockey, well, I'll just laugh at you. I've watched more of the Oilers than the Thrashers this season, including 5 live games so far. Hall is NOT worth Enstrom. Not even paired with Paajarvi/Eberle.

That is all. I won't bother arguing with folks wearing orange and blue tinted glasses any longer.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:02 PM
  #66
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I highly doubt they would trade Enstrom for Hall and Eberle, actually. They have solid young players on the wing. Why make a hole on their D? That's a big hole too. Teams don't trade top 3, Norris candidate defensemen.

An ATL fan went over the top, but stop making our entire fan base look clueless.
Exactly, some oilers fans need to look at it from the other team's perspective. Enstrom could likely win the norris and he is entering his prime, why the hell would a team that has rebuilt ever since existence trade their only proven commodity that's an mvp candidate for two unknown players?

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:06 PM
  #67
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
I live in Edmonton. I've seen enough of Hall to know that he's not worth Enstrom straight up. Eberle has looked good, but even coupled with Hall, it's not enough for Enstrom. You say Enstrom is top 5 this season, and I politely disagree. Enstrom is top 2 this season, was top 5 last season, and top 10 the season before. Enstrom has gotten better with each passing year, and doesn't seem to be slowing down.

Call me a homer, claim I don't know Western Conference or Oilers hockey, well, I'll just laugh at you. I've watched more of the Oilers than the Thrashers this season, including 5 live games so far. Hall is NOT worth Enstrom. Not even paired with Paajarvi/Eberle.

That is all. I won't bother arguing with folks wearing orange and blue tinted glasses any longer.
Give me a break are you ever overating a 50 point defenseman that is 5'10 and no shutdown guy he gets alot of points on the pp big deal Gibert had 44 points for the Oilers as well so I guess by you're reasoning Kane would not fetch him and you have watched the Oil so much more than the Thrashers how can yopu really evaluate Enstrom another poster who looks at stats and hey he is untouchable because he has 41 points in 50 games on a strong power play keep making a fool out of yourself and I will wager with you Enstrom is not even a Norris finalist

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:11 PM
  #68
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
I don't need to check his stats you rate players buy stats, lol Dustin Byfuglien has 41 pts and
Drew Doughty only has 25 I'd easily take him over big buff.
A big reason Byfuglien has 41 points is because of Enstrom, he covers up the defensive zone will Buff moves the puck up but Enstrom STILL manages to get as many points as Byfuglien.

I'd take Enstrom over Doughty if I'm gunning for a cup this year and many others will agree.

And I can't really "buy" stats, ya know.


Last edited by Patty Ice: 01-23-2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: qdp
HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:13 PM
  #69
JeffMangum
mfw Flyers D
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,440
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilsburnsclean View Post
Give me a break are you ever overating a 50 point defenseman that is 5'10 and no shutdown guy he gets alot of points on the pp big deal Gibert had 44 points for the Oilers
You just compared Gilbert to Enstrom. All of your arguments are now invalid.

There's a reason they call Enstrom "pocket Lidstrom". The guy is good. Very, very good. He'd instantly become the best defenseman on the Oilers, although that isn't saying much. He doesn't need to be physical, he still can play the role of "shutdown guy". When you are as smart as Enstrom, and can read plays as well as he can, you don't need to be big or physical.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard

Last edited by Patty Ice: 01-23-2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: qdp
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:21 PM
  #70
Ashe
Registered User
 
Ashe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Saskatoon SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Tobias Enstrom : Drafted 7th Round.

2010-2011 - 50 GP - 41pts - +2
2009-2010 - 82 GP - 50 PTs - -5
2008-2009 - 82 GP - 34 PTs - +14
2007-2008 - 82 GP - 32 PTS - - 5

Thrashers Goals Allowed Average

2010-2011 - 3.14
2009-2010 - 3.04
2008-2009 - 3.40
2007-2008 - 3.24

So...The guy just missed his first game in his ENTIRE NHL career.
Has been on the bottom 5 Goals Allowed Average team his entire career.
Manages Respectable numbers in his +/- And has had such wonderous players such as Garnet Exelby, Zach Bogosian, Nic Havelid as his partner.
Played with Iyla Kovalchuk.
Manage to make ByFugliens numbers look respectable and not atrocious.
Manages the PP and PK.
Averages 23ish minutes per game.
Is signed for 4mil, and 4.5 mil the next to years.
Age : 26
And Again, is easily the second best 2 way Defensemen in the Game today(next to Lidstrom)

And you think Hall/Eberle is a take it and run scenario?

Lidstrom makes 6. (age 40)
Whitney makes 4.5, 5, 5.5 (27)
Visnovsky makes 6, 5, 3 (age 34)

And..who else is going to put up his numbers and production from defence at that cost?


The "Mighty Taylor Hall", Though has looked good, Is not near a top proven Defensemen at age 26 right now.(especially one drafted in the 7th round)

And before you say "Learn the Western Conference" I watch as many oiler games as you do. And am an oiler fan. Thinking Hall is over-payment to get Enstrom is ignorant and no where near true. You guys would be getting a steal if ATL was dumb enough to do that.


Last edited by Patty Ice: 01-23-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:29 PM
  #71
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 23,084
vCash: 1165
*8th round draft pick actually

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:29 PM
  #72
sid49
#FreeGaza
 
sid49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
Tobias Enstrom : Drafted 7th Round.

2010-2011 - 50 GP - 41pts - +2
2009-2010 - 82 GP - 50 PTs - -5
2008-2009 - 82 GP - 34 PTs - +14
2007-2008 - 82 GP - 32 PTS - - 5

Thrashers Goals Allowed Average

2010-2011 - 3.14
2009-2010 - 3.04
2008-2009 - 3.40
2007-2008 - 3.24

So...The guy just missed his first game in his ENTIRE NHL career.
Has been on the bottom 5 Goals Allowed Average team his entire career.
Manages Respectable numbers in his +/- And has had such wonderous players such as Garnet Exelby, Zach Bogosian, Nic Havelid as his partner.
Played with Iyla Kovalchuk.
Manage to make ByFugliens numbers look respectable and not atrocious.
Manages the PP and PK.
Averages 23ish minutes per game.
Is signed for 4mil, and 4.5 mil the next to years.
Age : 26
And Again, is easily the second best 2 way Defensemen in the Game today(next to Lidstrom)

And you think Hall/Eberle is a take it and run scenario?

Lidstrom makes 6. (age 40)
Whitney makes 4.5, 5, 5.5 (27)
Visnovsky makes 6, 5, 3 (age 34)

And..who else is going to put up his numbers and production from defence at that cost?


The "Mighty Taylor Hall", Though has looked good, Is not near a top proven Defensemen at age 26 right now.(especially one drafted in the 7th round)

And before you say "Learn the Western Conference" I watch as many oiler games as you do. And am an oiler fan. Thinking Hall is over-payment to get Enstrom is ignorant and no where near true. You guys would be getting a steal if ATL was dumb enough to do that.
You have to be kidding me. Tobias Enstrom is an excellent player, but your seriously saying that a potential 30-30 player in Eberle, and a Potential 50-50 in Hall are not worth a 15-50 defence man in the south east division.

sid49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:30 PM
  #73
Patty Ice
Best in the World
 
Patty Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: OxNard
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 10,226
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Calm down folks and watch what you are saying to other members.

__________________
Patty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:32 PM
  #74
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
You just compared Gilbert to Enstrom. All of your arguments are now invalid.

There's a reason they call Enstrom "pocket Lidstrom". The guy is good. Very, very good. He'd instantly become the best defenseman on the Oilers, although that isn't saying much. He doesn't need to be physical, he still can play the role of "shutdown guy". When you are as smart as Enstrom, and can read plays as well as he can, you don't need to be big or physical.
How is that comparing was comparing points and you show up in every Oil proposal trolling every oil player as trash so you're posts have 0 merit you are a oil hater lol

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:35 PM
  #75
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
I live in Edmonton. I've seen enough of Hall to know that he's not worth Enstrom straight up. Eberle has looked good, but even coupled with Hall, it's not enough for Enstrom. You say Enstrom is top 5 this season, and I politely disagree. Enstrom is top 2 this season, was top 5 last season, and top 10 the season before. Enstrom has gotten better with each passing year, and doesn't seem to be slowing down.

Call me a homer, claim I don't know Western Conference or Oilers hockey, well, I'll just laugh at you. I've watched more of the Oilers than the Thrashers this season, including 5 live games so far. Hall is NOT worth Enstrom. Not even paired with Paajarvi/Eberle.

That is all. I won't bother arguing with folks wearing orange and blue tinted glasses any longer.
Sure thing bud, you can keep "Norris" Enstrom we'll just stick with Hall.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.