HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary - Boston

Old
01-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Calgary - Boston

To Boston:

Robyn Regehr
Rene Bourque

To Calgary:

David Krejci
Blake Wheeler
Joe Colborne

I think the value here is pretty close. For cap reasons, Ference may need to be added. Calgary for roster limit reasons then would need to send a mid level prospect over to Boston. Perhaps someone like Stephan Meyer?

If Calgary decides to make a playoff push, would Boston consider this?

Thoughts?

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Seguins Dragon*

vCash: 500
No, not enough coming back to Boston.

If Krecji + Colborne on table, we want Iggy.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Mark Stuart*

No thanks from Boston. Regehr is the opposite type of D-man we need... And I'm not willing to give up Krejci for that.

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Mark Stuart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post

If Krejci + Colborne are on the table we want no one from the Flames.

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

I like the value. Just not the fit of Regehr into our defense.

How about just Krejci for Bourque? I know someone had that in their own thread a few days back but it was overshadowed by a weird Vancouver proposal in the same thread.

Last edited by Ten Thousand Hours: 01-23-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Ten Thousand Hours is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
To Boston:

Robyn Regehr
Rene Bourque

To Calgary:

David Krejci
Blake Wheeler
Joe Colborne

I think the value here is pretty close. For cap reasons, Ference may need to be added. Calgary for roster limit reasons then would need to send a mid level prospect over to Boston. Perhaps someone like Stephan Meyer?

If Calgary decides to make a playoff push, would Boston consider this?

Thoughts?
Cap salary says hi and why would Boston do that? Regehr isn't the kind of dman we need (but, IMO, Wheeler + Colborne for him is fair) and Krejci > Bourque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin2Couturier View Post
I like the value. Just not the fit of Regehr into our defense.

How about just Krejci for Bourque? I know someone had that in their own thread a few days back but it was overshadowed by a weird Vancouver proposal in the same thread.
This is a joke, right? Krejci > Bourque. Bourque wouldn't add anything different what we already have. If Krejci is on the table, a young puck moving dman is the return.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Baddkarma

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Boston getting touched up here...Chia says something we can't repeat here...No deal...

Baddkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

I think this trade improves Boston's overall roster. They lose Krejci, but Bourque would be great on your roster. I think he would put up some sick numbers playing along side Savard or Bergeron. Boston also has the depth at centre to make this move, and Bourque would really solidify your top 6. Having Savard, Bergeron, Seguin and Marchand, your current roster would not be hurt by making this move. Colborne could be replaced with someone using TO's pick in this years draft.

I've always said this, Regehr and Chara on the same roster would be down right scary. Granted he is not the PMD your are looking for, but Regehr is still a top end defender. If anyone saw the Calgary and Vancouver game last night, I was LOL at how Regehr was man handling the Canuck forwards. He is a dominant force in his own end. I was thinking of including Bouwmeester in this proposal, but it is unlikely he will be traded. So I was trying to be as realistic as possible. Regardless, Regehr would improve any defence in the NHL, and having him in Boston would make the B's that much harder to play against.

Old
01-23-2011, 08:40 PM
eskimo7737

I wouldn't think of trading Krejci at this point with the uncertanity of Savard. I think if anything a puck moving d-man would come back in return but at the expense of Krejci.

eskimo7737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:42 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Boston' fans love Krejci.

Value wise take out Colborne and its fine.

Last edited by HighLifeMan: 01-23-2011 at 08:48 PM.
HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
I think this trade improves Boston's overall roster. They lose Krejci, but Bourque would be great on your roster. I think he would put up some sick numbers playing along side Savard or Bergeron. Boston also has the depth at centre to make this move, and Bourque would really solidify your top 6. Having Savard, Bergeron, Seguin and Marchand, your current roster would not be hurt by making this move. Colborne could be replaced with someone using TO's pick in this years draft.

I've always said this, Regehr and Chara on the same roster would be down right scary. Granted he is not the PMD your are looking for, but Regehr is still a top end defender. If anyone saw the Calgary and Vancouver game last night, I was LOL at how Regehr was man handling the Canuck forwards. He is a dominant force in his own end. I was thinking of including Bouwmeester in this proposal, but it is unlikely he will be traded. So I was trying to be as realistic as possible. Regardless, Regehr would improve any defence in the NHL, and having him in Boston would make the B's that much harder to play against.
Actually, no. We have no need for Bourque and his contract is not that good. As I said before, Wheeler + Colborne for Regehr is fair, but Krejci > Bourque.

Old
01-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post

Maybe you want Iggy but I certainly don't. We already have Chara's contract at 7 million, Thomas and Bergeron at 5 million, Horton and Lucic at 4 million. And for this year Krejci and Ryder and Seidenberg all around 3.5-4 million. Add another 7 million with Iggy and to have Chara, Iggy, Bergeron and Thomas is around 24 million just for four players.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
Actually, no. We have no need for Bourque and his contract is not that good. As I said before, Wheeler + Colborne for Regehr is fair, but Krejci > Bourque.
Bourque actually has a very good contract. If he played with Savard, he is easily a 30 goal + guy, and he is signed to a very modest contract thru his prime years of his career. You have to realize he was been playing with Matt Stajan, so his numbers have been down recently. But even when he was playing with Jokinen at the start of the season, he was our best forward out of the gate.

Would Boston think this trade would be more fair say if Calgary added Greg Nemisz?

Old
01-23-2011, 09:01 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
To Boston:

Robyn Regehr
Rene Bourque

To Calgary:

David Krejci
Blake Wheeler
Joe Colborne

I think the value here is pretty close.

I think that you are wrong.

BostonBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
This is a joke, right? Krejci > Bourque. Bourque wouldn't add anything different what we already have. If Krejci is on the table, a young puck moving dman is the return.

Yeah, because we have so many scorers on our team, right? And I'd much rather have a good, young goal-scorer than a PMD.

Old
01-23-2011, 09:12 PM
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah

We don't need Regehr. Not the kind of d-man we need. I like Bourque though - would love to work on a deal involving him.

CamDegs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 09:15 PM
8thRoundPick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareoftheBear View Post
Maybe you want Iggy but I certainly don't. We already have Chara's contract at 7 million, Thomas and Bergeron at 5 million, Horton and Lucic at 4 million. And for this year Krejci and Ryder and Seidenberg all around 3.5-4 million. Add another 7 million with Iggy and to have Chara, Iggy, Bergeron and Thomas is around 24 million just for four players.
PITT has nearly that much tied up in just three players, and they are very much a cup-contending team.

Crosby-Malkin-Fleury -> $22.4M
Chara-Iginla-Thomas-Bergeron --> $23.5M

Yes, I definitely see that the PITT trio is better in terms of talent, but in that foursome you have the NHL's #1 goalie and arguably the NHL's #1 defenceman and two very very good forwards. Not something I'd shake my head at, and I would applaud Chiarelli if he could pull off a trade that brought this foursome together.

8thRoundPick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
I think that you are wrong.
The way I see it is like this.

Bourque = Wheeler & Colborne
Regehr = Krejci

Now Krejci does have slightly higher value than Regher, but their respective values are close. That is why I suggested possibly Calgary adds Nemisz. I think for Boston to keep pace or match up against a team like Philly, adding a player the caliber of Bourque would go a long way for them. Also, again Regehr would add a huge element of toughness to the B's. Regehr has the ability to physically take opponents out of a game. Don't believe me, go on youtube and type in Regehr hits Hemsky lol.

Old
01-23-2011, 09:32 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:

Regehr = Krejci

Trust me - I'm a Regehr fan and I would never trade Krejci for him.

BostonBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin2Couturier View Post
Yeah, because we have so many scorers on our team, right? And I'd much rather have a good, young goal-scorer than a PMD.
5th in goals for, what you are talking about?

Old
01-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:

of course you do you proposed it...

but if krejci is going iggy is coming back (not saying straight up) bourque isnt all that needed here and btw marchand doesnt play center he has played on bergeron/campbells wing. seguin would slot into the 3rd center spot but why do that with him starting to gell as a winger and with the chemistry our lines have been showing.

regher is also completely the wrong dman the bruins are looking for

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Bourque actually has a very good contract. If he played with Savard, he is easily a 30 goal + guy, and he is signed to a very modest contract thru his prime years of his career. You have to realize he was been playing with Matt Stajan, so his numbers have been down recently. But even when he was playing with Jokinen at the start of the season, he was our best forward out of the gate.

Would Boston think this trade would be more fair say if Calgary added Greg Nemisz?
Not in my eyes. He never hit 30 goals, already is in his prime (remember, he has 29 years) and signed for 6 years. Would be much better for us, try to sign a guy like Semin, if he reaches UFA market.

Quote:

Regehr = Krejci

Now Krejci does have slightly higher value than Regher, but their respective values are close. That is why I suggested possibly Calgary adds Nemisz. I think for Boston to keep pace or match up against a team like Philly, adding a player the caliber of Bourque would go a long way for them. Also, again Regehr would add a huge element of toughness to the B's. Regehr has the ability to physically take opponents out of a game. Don't believe me, go on youtube and type in Regehr hits Hemsky lol.
Boston wouldn't trade Krejci for Regehr and Bourque for Wheeler + top prospect, I pass.

Old
01-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
5th in goals for, what you are talking about?

The fact that Rene Bourque would have led our team in goals last year and would be third in goals this year despite playing with worse set up guys in both years. We have great forwards in the defensive and neutral zones and we create a lot of scoring chances in the offensive zone, but even our two leaders in goals this year aren't "goal scorers." Milan Lucic is a much better player if he is playing with someone on his line who is a better goal scorer than he is. We do not lack guys like David Krejci on our team or in our prospect pool. We lack guys like Rene Bourque (potential 30 goal scorers who can get goals on his own), who also has a great contract.

EDIT: you know what? I actually just realized he's already 29. I'd still very much consider Bourque for Krejci, but I thought they were basically the same age. Bourque is sneaky old. I'd be much more hesitant to trade Krejci for a 29 year-old who's never 30 goals.

Old
01-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Not in my eyes. He never hit 30 goals, already is in his prime (remember, he has 29 years) and signed for 6 years. Would be much better for us, try to sign a guy like Semin, if he reaches UFA market.

Boston wouldn't trade Krejci for Regehr and Bourque for Wheeler + top prospect, I pass.
Last year he had 27 goals, playing mostly with Langkow who had a poor season by his standards. Is it really that hard to conceive that Bourque could get 30+ goals playing with Savard or Bergeron? He has never played with a centre of that caliber in his entire career. As I said, he was our best forward for the first month and a half this year playing Jokinen. Bourque also has excellent size and speed and is very good on the PK. He is a very good, diverse all around player, not to mention has excellent shot. He would without a doubt improve your top 6.

And oh yes, he is 29. I forgot, he will probably be retiring next or the following season.

And go ahead and sign Semin to a $7 million contract and try and fit that in under your cap.

Old
01-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Last year he had 27 goals, playing mostly with Langkow who had a poor season by his standards. Is it really that hard to conceive that Bourque could get 30+ goals playing with Savard or Bergeron? He has never played with a centre of that caliber in his entire career. As I said, he was our best forward for the first month and a half this year playing Jokinen. Bourque also has excellent size and speed and is very good on the PK. He is a very good, diverse all around player, not to mention has excellent shot. He would without a doubt improve your top 6.

And oh yes, he is 29. I forgot, he will probably be retiring next or the following season.

And go ahead and sign Semin to a $7 million contract and try and fit that in under your cap.
Sorry, you can say whatever you want, but Bourque isn't a need for us.

You have no idea about our cap situation for next year, isn't? We already have 17 players signed and $10M in cap space, cap salary will be raising by $2-3M, it means $12-13M for 4 forwards and one dman. Marchand ($1.3-1.4M), Caron ($1.1M) will replace Recchi, Semin ($7M) replacing Wheeler, Sauve ($0.85M) and Stuart ($1.7-1.9M).