HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phil Kessel

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2011, 10:09 PM
  #26
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Sounds eerily like Komisarek....take out Edler/Hamhuis, replace with Phaneuf/Schenn, and the same statement holds true.
Yup. He's basically Mike Komisarek now. I knew they made a mistake adding Hamhuis and Ballard. They only needed one. And Hamhuis is obviously better.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:12 PM
  #27
LucicTrain*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
And on pace to score 34 goals playing with AHL'ers.
arent you the guy that consistently pimps Bozak?

so which is it? is he the stud you make him out to be or is he an AHLer?

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:15 PM
  #28
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabBag View Post
arent you the guy that consistently pimps Bozak?

so which is it? is he the stud you make him out to be or is he an AHLer?
Bozak will be a quality second line centre in the NHl. But he is not playing like him. He is struggling in his second season.

Fact remains that playing with Bozak this season and especially Joey Crabb does not help your numbers. Having 19 goals this far this is not at all.

And I never once called Bozak a "Stud". I never even said he's a first line centre. I have always said he'll be a good second line centre.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:20 PM
  #29
LucicTrain*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Bozak will be a quality second line centre in the NHl. But he is not playing like him. He is struggling in his second season.

Fact remains that playing with Bozak this season and especially Joey Crabb does not help your numbers. Having 19 goals this far this is not at all.

And I never once called Bozak a "Stud". I never even said he's a first line centre. I have always said he'll be a good second line centre.
not really when you consider he plays 20 mins a night and takes a million shots (5th in the league)

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:22 PM
  #30
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabBag View Post
not really when you consider he plays 20 mins a night and takes a million shots (5th in the league)
Sorry, but if you end up with 30+ goals in the NHL playing with mediocre players, that's impressive no matter how many shots you make.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:25 PM
  #31
MoreMogilny
Cap'n
 
MoreMogilny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabBag View Post
arent you the guy that consistently pimps Bozak?

so which is it? is he the stud you make him out to be or is he an AHLer?
Bozak's potential aside, the fact is, he is not playing well.

Kessel has his faults for sure, and there is more that he could be doing to make him a much better player in this league. Having Bozak and Crabb as linemates is not going to help a guy that pretty much needs good players on his line, be successful.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:32 PM
  #32
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,848
vCash: 500
You're not going to like it, but I'd give up something like Kunitz, Kennedy, and a 2nd for him. I'm not even sure if that makes the Pens a better team since their wingers have to be guys like Kunitz/Kennedy in Byslma's system.

Really, it's a no win situation for Toronto to trade him right now. The best thing to do is to live with the trade and hope Burke or whoever the GM is can bring some top 6 talent in. That's really what the MLs are missing. It's simplistic for an opposing coach to have your team focusing on taking one player out of the game when he has little support to worry about.

I don't even think Kessel needs a playmaker since he can make plays himself. I think he really needs another player on his line that is a threat to score so other teams can stop focusing on him, ala Brad Richards or the likes.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:35 PM
  #33
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
You're not going to like it, but I'd give up something like Kunitz, Kennedy, and a 2nd for him. I'm not even sure if that makes the Pens a better team since their wingers have to be guys like Kunitz/Kennedy in Byslma's system.

Really, it's a no win situation for Toronto to trade him right now. The best thing to do is to live with the trade and hope Burke or whoever the GM is can bring some top 6 talent in. That's really what the MLs are missing. It's simplistic for an opposing coach to have your team focusing on taking one player out of the game when he has little support to worry about.

I don't even think Kessel needs a playmaker since he can make plays himself. I think he really needs another player on his line that is a threat to score so other teams can stop focusing on him, ala Brad Richards or the likes.
You make good points in your second paragraph, but the fact is Kessel can score more playing with AHL talent than Kunitz can with Crosby and Malkin and Kunitz is 8 years older.

I can't imagine how many more goals Kessel could get with Crosby or Malkin.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:38 PM
  #34
LucicTrain*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
You make good points in your second paragraph, but the fact is Kessel can score more playing with AHL talent than Kunitz can with Crosby and Malkin and Kunitz is 8 years older.

I can't imagine how many more goals Kessel could get with Crosby or Malkin.
wow that's really deep man, did you come back with all by yourself?

stick a good winger with one of the best players in the league and he will score more goals... EARTH SHATTERING

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:43 PM
  #35
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
You make good points in your second paragraph, but the fact is Kessel can score more playing with AHL talent than Kunitz can with Crosby and Malkin and Kunitz is 8 years older.

I can't imagine how many more goals Kessel could get with Crosby or Malkin.
They are completely different players. Kunitz's job isn't to score like Kessel. It's to punish the opposing defensemen and open ice for Sid while contributing some goals here and there (I believe he has 16 so far this season).

Like I said, you weren't going to like it...but I really can't see any teams giving up much more than 2 current roster players and a prospect/pick for him. That's why it's just best to keep him and surround him with talent.

You pretty much said it yourself. If Kessel is playing with AHLers, how is that helping the Leafs? If you trade him, you take a dynamic player out of the lineup but still have AHLers around? Too much $ in the defense and get some offense. If it weren't for Grabovski, the Leafs would really be up **** creek this season.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.