HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shark Attack: Minnesota @ San Jose - 9:30pm CST on FSN. (Jaws Wins, Eats Nordy)

Old
01-23-2011, 12:21 AM
youvegotit*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
Douglas Murray is easily the most annoying player in the NHL and it's not because he's that good; I've seen WWII Battleships that turn faster than he does.

And on a seperate note; why does Torrey Mitchell never play against the Wild since he broke Foster's leg? Because honestly somebody needs to kick his a$$ for that hit.
It certainly has nothing to do with injuries.

youvegotit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 01:56 AM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Outside of the 2nd period they battled hard. I felt like they could have came back and won tonight. Its a good sign because usually when they don't score the first goal they lose 90 percent of the time. If they play a solid 2nd they win that game. I know its just not the wilds period most games but when are they going yo assess this? Richards says he doesn't know the answer. Stoners penalties in that period are what doomed them. This game could have gone either way though and I'm feeling positive after it. But Chicago is a must win before the little break.

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 11:05 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
i'm not saying nobody tried -- the effort was there (notably, as someone said, with Cullen). Effort was a huge problem last year, but not so much this year. We had players flying around all over the ice (burns and cullen stand out) quickly and energetically but it had about as much impact as the oilers' young stars did. we just couldn't tie the individual efforts together to produce plays. Burns was a (heh) dervish out there but aside from the goal he looked as sloppy as anyone. He just looks better doing it because he's big and fast.

backs kept us in this one, though the goaltending at the other end was weak enough to give us a chance at pulling out a loser point.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:29 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Didn't see a minute of the game, seen the Wild got pretty much dominated, and have a hangover for the ages. The trifecta...

Going off of the highlights on nhl.com, Backs looked pretty sharp. Even with the 4 goals against. Seems he didn't have a whole lot of help back there.

Nice to see Burns on the board again. Can't comment on a game I didn't see, though. Here's hoping they play better in Chicago.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:36 PM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvegotit View Post
It certainly has nothing to do with injuries.
I understand he's had some injuries but I also watch a number of Shark games (especially at home) on center ice and know he has played the past 3 years. Maybe the Karma wheel got him for the hit on Foster.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote