HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD2011 Trade Thread & Trade Talk

Old
01-23-2011, 02:36 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 500
Well if the 1st overall want to pick now I could at least see what my options are , if I trade it or not. ( I got the 2nd )

Your call.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Derick*

Send a message via MSN to Derick*
I want one of 15th - 19th and the holder's 2nd. I am negotiating with all five of them right now. If you want the draft to hurry, talk to them

Last edited by Derick*: 01-23-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Derick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 03:31 PM
jarek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
I want one of 15th - 19th and the holder's 2nd. I am negotiating with all five of them right now. If you want the draft to hurry, talk to them
To get a return like that, I hope you're ready to basically destroy your team's depth.

jarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 03:38 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

If this trade committee thing actually gets off the ground, then I would be on it. It really needs at least 5-10 GMs to be fair, IMO.

And I really hope that if there is a trade committee, the draft isn't held up every time there is a trade because the committee needs "time to review." Only the rare problematic trade should cause discussion.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 03:43 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
allright good luck with your deal then

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
If this trade committee thing actually gets off the ground, then I would be on it. It really needs at least 5-10 GMs to be fair, IMO.

And I really hope that if there is a trade committee, the draft isn't held up every time there is a trade because the committee needs "time to review." Only the rare problematic trade should cause discussion.
Trades should only come to this committee by request. Any GM can request that a trade be reviewed, but each GM can only make one such request during this draft.

Most trades don't even need to be approved, but some might look a little fishy, and those are the only ones we need to take time on.

Dreakmur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 09:41 PM
vancityluongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Trades should only come to this committee by request. Any GM can request that a trade be reviewed, but each GM can only make one such request during this draft.

Most trades don't even need to be approved, but some might look a little fishy, and those are the only ones we need to take time on.
Exactly. Not every swap of 3rd and 6th round picks needs to be approved by the committee; only the ones that are more than slightly questionable should come through here.

I'd also like to help out and be a member of the committee. Agreed that it's best we have 8 or 9 guys, so there's a great chance that there will be at least a couple online at any given time.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Stoneberg
Bored

Looking to trade down or out of the first round with the 21st pick. PM me if interested.

Stoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

I'll volunteer to be a member, anything to help.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 11:37 PM
jarek

This is catching on quite quickly. Good to see.

Old
01-23-2011, 11:56 PM
seventieslord

I have taken trade talk to the trade thread.

I realize this is going to be a big adjustment for us all, and I'll have to do this a few more times, and I don't mind that.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:02 AM
jarek

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
I have taken trade talk to the trade thread.

I realize this is going to be a big adjustment for us all, and I'll have to do this a few more times, and I don't mind that.
I really wish you did it the other way around. One member of the trade committee should have the OP so we can update the trades made into the OP.

Old
01-24-2011, 12:40 AM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jareklajkosz View Post
I really wish you did it the other way around. One member of the trade committee should have the OP so we can update the trades made into the OP.
I think the trades are still going to be posted in the OP of the draft thread though, won't they?

Old
01-24-2011, 12:44 AM
seventieslord

Quote:
regardless of what we do with that, I stole one of your older posts and put it here so that it became the OP. I also moved your OP back into it. Look good now?

Old
01-24-2011, 12:48 AM
seventieslord

There was the Kimberly/Minnesota deal that was already reflected in the draft thread, then the EB/dreakmur massive conditional trade, then the full swap by jarek and TDMM. that's it, right?

Old
01-24-2011, 12:48 AM
jarek

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
There was the Kimberly/Minnesota deal that was already reflected in the draft thread, then the EB/dreakmur massive conditional trade, then the full swap by jarek and TDMM. that's it, right?
Should be, yeah.

Old
01-24-2011, 03:02 AM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

If we're still of the opinion that more bodies are needed on the trade committee, I will volunteer to serve on it.

Sturminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 09:26 AM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
If we're still of the opinion that more bodies are needed on the trade committee, I will volunteer to serve on it.
Absolutely, it would be nice to have someone on it who's not in the draft.

If we have 6-7 people on it then there should always be someone around who can make a quick judgement.

Old
01-24-2011, 12:44 PM
hfboardsuser

I believe I've come up with a fair but still intriguing trade package for any GM looking to trade out of the first round:

Your first, fifth, 23rd rounder
For
My seventh, eighth, ninth rounder

A couple of folks are already considering it, but anyone who is interested can PM me.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
I believe I've come up with a fair but still intriguing trade package for any GM looking to trade out of the first round:

For

A couple of folks are already considering it, but anyone who is interested can PM me.
I would veto that deal if anyone accepted it, Bugg, on account of it being highly unbalanced in your favor.

Sturminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 01:01 PM
seventieslord

Quote:

For

some GMs are considering this? why? That's a six-round drop out of round 1, AND a three-round drop out of the 5th, to pick up 14 rounds from the 9th.

Old
01-24-2011, 01:01 PM
jarek

Quote:

For

This trade doesn't make any sense. You're asking us to give up our franchise player AND a top-6 forward/top-4 defenseman for what amounts to losing a spare for a bottom-6 forward, bottom-4 defenseman? Sorry, that doesn't fly, and if anyone tries to do that trade, it'll be up for veto.

Old
01-24-2011, 01:25 PM
hfboardsuser

Quote:
This trade doesn't make any sense. You're asking us to give up our franchise player AND a top-6 forward/top-4 defenseman for what amounts to losing a spare for a bottom-6 forward, bottom-4 defenseman? Sorry, that doesn't fly, and if anyone tries to do that trade, it'll be up for veto.
How about I just let the other 39 GMs negotiate my trades for me, then, as apparently I'm either always giving too much or too little? I'm not trying to be a Pronger over this, but vetos are meant for deals that would imply collusion or otherwise undermine the process- not ones you just don't like. In that case, I'm going to veto every deal because one team will always have a greater advantage, however slight.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 01:39 PM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

Trading brings out the worst in posters. The bickering about them instead of the appreciative and informative discussions about players and the history of hockey. The whole thing becomes a petty, selfish exercise overly obsessed on competiveness and winning in the playoffs when team building is supposed to be beside the point, the playoffs a fun offshoot instead of the point of it all, the draft about thinking through the history of the game, seeking to appreciate to the proper degree various contributors. A trade-free draft (or at least a trade-free conference to show the relative saneness and difference) was going to be the first step on the road to returning to the History board as a subforum there. Trading just shows the ATD subforum belongs where it is, with the games forum and all the jostling gamesmanship that goes on in fantasy competition. Oh well. So be it. 59% of us wanted it this way. We get what we deserve.

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 01:39 PM
seventieslord

Quote:
How about I just let the other 39 GMs negotiate my trades for me, then, as apparently I'm either always giving too much or too little? I'm not trying to be a Pronger over this, but vetos are meant for deals that would imply collusion or otherwise undermine the process- not ones you just don't like. In that case, I'm going to veto every deal because one team will always have a greater advantage, however slight.
oh, come on, don't be like that. It's not that the advantage is "slight", it was quickly apparent to the first three people to comment on it, that it's very much in your favour, and no wonder you'd also be open to doing it!

If the 5th and 8th were switched around, it would be a pretty fair deal, IMO. Six rounds out of the 1st, for 3 later, and 14 much later.