HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal

Old
01-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
I said it before and will say it again Girardi, Weise and Drury for Jovanovski and Hanzal
I think that's stupid. Call me crazy, but I'd rather have Girardi than Jovanovski right now.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:39 AM
Rangers44*

we dump Drury get a very good young forward and a veteran defenseman that will not only help in the playoffs but would likely help some of our young defensemen.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:52 AM
WeWillWinTonight

The trade proposals have to stop. The team is what it is, and if a trade occurs it is not going to be anything that has been suggested on HFBoards.

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 01:33 AM
Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal18 View Post
The trade proposals have to stop. The team is what it is, and if a trade occurs it is not going to be anything that has been suggested on HFBoards.

Not to mention, as retarded as Sather is in some areas, he has a knack of pulling off deals most of us cannot even believe. Tie Sather up when UFA's hit the market, but leave the trades to Slats

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 01:36 AM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I think that's stupid. Call me crazy, but I'd rather have Girardi than Jovanovski right now.
You're absolutely right. Jovanovski is a shell of his former self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal18 View Post
Thank you. An unrealistic scenario such as this is never productive. Discussing minor deadline deals to tweak the team CAN be.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:35 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
we dump Drury get a very good young forward and a veteran defenseman that will not only help in the playoffs but would likely help some of our young defensemen.
NTC NMC NTC NMC NTC NMC x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 09:56 AM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
He's put up 90 points exactly once in six seasons. Let's not oversell him either.

And he's on pace for 74 this year. That's not something I wont find anywhere else.
You love stats, don't you? Well, you should have looked a little harder.

He scored 82 points in 77 games. Then he scored 91 in 81 games. Then he had 69 in 66 games. This year, he's on pace for 74 points, but he also hasn't played the past 8-10 games for the Ducks.

You're telling me a PPG+ center is something you can "find anywhere else"? Get real. It's clear you know little to nothing about the player.

Oh and by the way, he's 6'4, 220.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
He's not a bona fide 1st pairing dmen, but he's a serviceable one. Considering his salary, age, and chemistry with Staal, I just can't imagine him being moved.
Quote:
And he is not a bona fide 1st pairing defenseman. He is no Chara, Pronger, McInnis, Leetch, and so on not even close to that level.
Excellent rebuttal. Thanks for repeating what I said.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
You mean our young defensemen like Girardi? Oh wait too late, we got rid of him to bring in Jovanovski who's like 70.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post

He scored 82 points in 77 games. Then he scored 91 in 81 games. Then he had 69 in 66 games. This year, he's on pace for 74 points, but he also hasn't played the past 8-10 games for the Ducks.

You're telling me a PPG+ center is something you can "find anywhere else"? Get real. It's clear you know little to nothing about the player.

He's a good center but what's good for the team and their chemistry? Taking away a defensive force from a team who relies on defense, and relegating Stepan, Anisimov, or Boyle to the 4th line? I shouldn't think so. Getzlaf won't work on the Rangers in their current state.

Besides I never said Getzlaf wasn't a great player. All I was doing was pointing out that he's not worth our entire farm system plus draft picks. I don't think anyone is worth what that offer was, outside of Crosby and Stamkos.

Old
01-24-2011, 12:44 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
He's a good center but what's good for the team and their chemistry? Taking away a defensive force from a team who relies on defense, and relegating Stepan, Anisimov, or Boyle to the 4th line? I shouldn't think so. Getzlaf won't work on the Rangers in their current state.

Besides I never said Getzlaf wasn't a great player. All I was doing was pointing out that he's not worth our entire farm system plus draft picks. I don't think anyone is worth what that offer was, outside of Crosby and Stamkos.
That offer was 2 roster players, prospect, and 1st round pick. Heck, Hossa as a rental got that from Pittsburgh.

Everyone's clamoring for a legit #1 center. If Richards was signed right now, you wouldn't even EXPLORE the possibility of bringing Getzlaf in?

If, for instance, we traded Stepan as part of the package, Ani and Boyle remain in their spots. We could insist on someone like Mara coming back, so we're not short one D-man if we sent Girardi. Grachev is an up and down prospect (whom I'm not giving up on, but I wouldn't be opposed to sending away). Then the 1st.

Stepan is young and awesome. I'm not denying that. But Getzlaf is 27, not 33. It's not as though he's an aging vet.

That package really WOULDN'T be that crazy of a deal. It's a lot, but Getzlaf is the real deal. Getzlaf isn't a UFA until summer of '13. It's not as though it'd be a rental. It's a guaranteed 2 full seasons.

Old
01-24-2011, 12:56 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Not enough to land Ryan.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:58 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
Not enough to land Ryan.
I agree, but try telling that to the guy I was arguing about it with.

Old
01-24-2011, 01:15 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Why the hell would Phoenix want Drury? You dont have to answer that question because I'll tell you it, they wont want drury. Just because sather and maloney have made deals in the past doesnt mean maloney is a jackass and will take on a contract when the organization is struggling financially. Not to mention drury adds nothing to that team.

And why would they want weise? Where is the incentive there? Because he is a serviceable 4th liner in the NHL. Cmon lets be realistic.

And you're dealing away Girardi, one of our most reliable and steady defenseman for an aging, barely average Jovanovski. Do you look at the stats and ages of these players when you think of these proposals? Again you need to be realistic. Girardi has been great for us and at a very reasonable price. He has been an iron man for us which might end tonight if he doesnt play. Jovanovski's stats are very unimpressive. You're giving up our #2 defenseman for a guy who would be our #4, maybe #5 with the way he is playing. In a nice way of putting it, not smart.

And I like Hanzal, he is a nice young forward. But he has been on and off. He hasn't really done much and has not really hit his expected potential. Now that could always change. I dont see any reason as to why Phoenix would deal him. Yeah great addition for us but not for phoenix. You need to consider both sides of these proposals you make up. Phoenix would just be so satisfied and even willing to deal Hanzal because they can replace him with Drury.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
There's not one very good young forward out there that would return if we traded Drury. Just sayin

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Rangers44*

Our defense was fine without Girardi and they were playing against Ovechkin, and Co. Girardi is not untouchable as some claim him to be.

Old
01-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Our defense was fine without Girardi and they were playing against Ovechkin, and Co. Girardi is not untouchable as some claim him to be.
We beat the Caps tonight w/o Dubinsky and Callahan. Should we trade them too? Eh? EH!?!?!

Nobody's untouchable. Girardi's pretty damn close though, because he fills a big need on this team, at a reasonable cost.

Trade him on your PS3 if you hate him that much, dude. (which you've probably already done)

Old
01-24-2011, 10:45 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
I guess you missed Sauer having trouble keeping up with that line...and also the part where he mishandled the puck to the left of Biron in the 3rd which almost resulted in a turnover right in front. But you're right we should trade Girardi because Staal was able to shutdown Ovechkin and we got by with Sauer, barely. And thats not a knock on Sauer, he has been steady for us but hes not supposed to be going up against the top forwards on opposing teams in the first place.

Old
01-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
We beat the Caps tonight w/o Dubinsky and Callahan. Should we trade them too? Eh? EH!?!?!

Nobody's untouchable. Girardi's pretty damn close though, because he fills a big need on this team, at a reasonable cost.

Trade him on your PS3 if you hate him that much, dude. (which you've probably already done)
Has nothing to do with hate. There are only 6 defensemen you can have playing. We have a lot, there will be a lot of good ones available via free agency. It is a good time to cash in on an asset and maybe help unload a liability like Drury.

I honestly don't think Girardi is better than McD, Eminger or Sauer. But he would be better if he was as fast as them.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:05 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Girardi is signed for $3.325 million/year through 2013-2014. He has been a reliable defenseman throughout his career here. He has progressed every year and may be having his best year yet. Seems to be getting over the hump and developing into a solid #2 defenseman. He has kept up with the best forwards in the league. Has good chemistry with Staal. He's also pretty smart with the puck and usually well positioned in his own end. So why are we trading him again? Because just feel the need to make trades? Sather will not deal him. They consider him part of the core. It doesnt make sense to deal him with his reasonable cap hit. He hasnt done anything to warrant a trade. You dont make trades just for the sake of making a trade. And to say he is not better than the journeyman Eminger, the two rookies McD and Sauer...is absolutely a joke. Anyone who truly believes that does not know **** about hockey or is paying attention to the actual game thats going on. For one he's faster than Eminger and Sauer, especially Sauer. About the same speed as McD.

And no it is not worth trading our solid reliable defenseman just to get rid of Drury. That WEAKENS the team. You will find it extremely difficult to come by a defenseman of his effectiveness for the same price and age.

On top of this no one is taking Drury especially not Phoenix. So point is null and void.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Has nothing to do with hate.
What is it then? The only thing you really complain about, is his lack of speed. But I ask you, how often does his slower pace cost him? Or us?

****ing rarely, is the correct answer.

Quote:
There are only 6 defensemen you can have playing. We have a lot, there will be a lot of good ones available via free agency.
We have a lot, is your answer? Really? And Free-Agency?

Why don't you google the last few dmen Sather has signed in Free-agency. You're probably not old enough to know who those fellows even are.

We're a team that's trying to build from within. Why move our second best dmen on the team now? We're trying to win, not rebuild or gamble away a legitimate competent dmen for a top-6 enigmatic talent with a baboon for an Agent (who was rightfully terminated). We don't need to risk away Girardi, like we did with Toots.

Quote:
It is a good time to cash in on an asset and maybe help unload a liability like Drury.
What in the hell does Drury have to do with moving Girardi? Wait, we're moving both of them? A 10M+, mega-blockbuster trade?! Omg that's totally not video-gamish! . . . ! . . . ! . . . ?

Quote:
I honestly don't think Girardi is better than McD, Eminger or Sauer. But he would be better if he was as fast as them.
I honestly don't think you have the slightest clue as to what you're talking about. You're just looking to trade our second best dmen (for who, actually? who are we moving Girardi for?????) because his physical play, defensive skills, shot-blocking ability, and acceptable production for a player his mold just isn't satisfactory enough.

I mean, seriously, the league's leader in blocks, who averages over 20min a night against the most talented players in the league is worth much less than the 3Mish he's earning right now. Let's trade him. Ya.

Give it up. Nobody's buying this chaotic scenario you're trying to pawn off.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:32 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
He's put up 90 points exactly once in six seasons. Let's not oversell him either.

And he's on pace for 74 this year. That's not something I wont find anywhere else.
But how many games did he play last season? You have to factor that in. He put up 69pts but only played 66 games. IDK, maybe you took it for granted that he played the full 82.

If you look at this year as well, he is on pace for 70-75 pts, but will have played around 70 games. Getzlaf is not Crosby but he's still a star player in this league. At this point, he's exactly who the Rangers need as well (Someone who can rack up the assists).

That ship has sailed though, as the Rangers could have drafted him without having to consider giving up a player like Staal.

But there's no way Murray gives up Getzlaf. Not even for Staal and a first round pick imo. If Getzlaf were to go, the Ducks franchise would have two very disgruntled snipers in Perry and Ryan on their hands.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:34 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post

I missed this. Mods can delete my post if you wish.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:57 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Girardi is probably more valuable to us than anything we'd get in return for him

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Rangers44*

Here is a list of upcomming UFA defensemen:

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.p...D&fa_type_id=2

Sather will most likely sign at least 1.

On top of that we got Valentenko, Kundratek, Pashnin, McIlrath, etc.

If suppose we trade Girardi for a 1st rounder, we clear 3.3 mil in cap space and a spot either for a good rookie or a good UFA and get an extra 1st rounder.