HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Trade Deadline Thread (All General Deadline Talk/Proposals/Blog Rumors in here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2011, 06:53 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

vCash: 500
I red that a monkey Lukeriya from Russia was was more successful than brokers.

(Lukeriya)

So, maybe she would be more successful than people who write rumours.

Old
01-24-2011, 07:18 AM
Gulvorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I red that a monkey Lukeriya from Russia was was more successful than brokers.

(Lukeriya)

So, maybe she would be more successful than people who write rumours.
No one is truly successful unless they are good looking. Just like the Red Panda.

redpanda.jpg

Old
01-24-2011, 08:17 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulvorn View Post
No one is truly successful unless they are good looking. Just like the Red Panda.

Attachment 43188
Here is site:
http://www.pravda.ru/economics/finan...-0/?mode=print

the translator (not translate) http://translate.google.com/?hl=ru&tab=wT#

Old
01-24-2011, 08:19 AM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Here were his Monster Deals:

Quote:
First Monster Rumored Trade.

Again...take this for what it is...A RUMOR.

To New Jersey: Jay Bouwmeester, Rene Bourque, Mikael Backlund, and a first and third round round pick.
To Calgary: Zach Parise, Brian Rolston, Bryce Salvador, Mattias Tedenby and Vladamir Zharkov

Second Monster Rumored Trade.

To Dallas: Nazem Kadri, Clarke MacArthur, and Kris Versteeg plus a conditional pick.
To Toronto: Brad Richards, Jamie Benn, and Ondrej Roman.

Old
01-24-2011, 10:41 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshymkiw View Post
Here were his Monster Deals:
Well, go:
Brad Richards for Nazem Kadri, Kris Versteeg and conditional pick.. .teoretically I could be agree
but Jamie Benn > Clarke MacArthur

so bad trade

the second trade... Mathias Tedendby has the big potential and Calgary will not draft in the first 5 team so his first pick will not be so good for NJD. Besides I doubt Calgary would want Rolston and Salvador.

Old
01-24-2011, 10:46 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

FWIW, The Fourth Period has a list of 25 players they believe are available for trade. Some are obvious (i.e. Kaberle) but some are a bit surprising (i.e. Versteeg and Weiss). According to the list, the Jackets are interested in Jim Vandermeer (I almost stopped right there, but that would be a Howson type move), Stephen Weiss, Martin Havlat, Ales Hemsky, and Tomas Kaberle.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade_deadline/top25/

Old
01-24-2011, 10:57 AM
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
FWIW, The Fourth Period has a list of 25 players they believe are available for trade. Some are obvious (i.e. Kaberle) but some are a bit surprising (i.e. Versteeg and Weiss). According to the list, the Jackets are interested in Jim Vandermeer (I almost stopped right there, but that would be a Howson type move), Stephen Weiss, Martin Havlat, Ales Hemsky, and Tomas Kaberle.

I think getting weiss would be a nice move, so naturally it won't happen. Any chance we ship Commadore or Filatov

Old
01-24-2011, 11:01 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:

Minnesota has a chance to play PO and it will trade Havlát.... do they think it seriously? Next, Why my God should we want Vandermeer? Do they think we have little slow, underaverage defensmen?

Old
01-24-2011, 11:05 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Minnesota has a chance to play PO and it will trade Havlát.... do they think it seriously? Next, Why my God should we want Vandermeer? Do they think we have little slow, underaverage defensmen?
Yeah that was one of the surprises. They're pretty much saying that if the Wild get the right offer, he could be moved.

Old
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:

was on the way t post this...i find some of the names weird...and for him to say we're not in on regher is disappointing...

Old
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMas1 View Post
I think getting weiss would be a nice move, so naturally it won't happen. Any chance we ship Commadore or Filatov
I would take Havlat and Weiss - pass on the rest that we "show an interest" on in that list.

The question being - what would we have to give up to get Weiss and Havlat.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:06 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMas1 View Post
Filatov for "speed", "extremely efective in defense" Kaberle, an idol some people here.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Kev22

Quote:

I'm assuming Vandermeer could be had for a middle to late round pick, he would add toughness to our blue line.

Weiss could be the wildcard from that list. He's only making 3M and might be a notch above Vermy and Brass, could be a good fit.

Havlat, we've basically got one in Huselius. Personally not interested.

Hemsky would look great on the right of Nash. Too bad the Oilers wouldn't take Huselius back in return because that is the only way we could get him here.

Kaberle, I think we've talked about him to death on these boards. Howson should only go after him if he's positive that this team in going to make the playoffs, because he won't re-sign here and the would be the type of "risky" move that Howson has proven he won't make. The only way I see Howson taking a risk is if Burke is dumb enough to take back only dead-weight expiring contracts and a high pick. Not gonna happen.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
was on the way t post this...i find some of the names weird...and for him to say we're not in on regher is disappointing...
I think in the last game thread I mentioned that if I were Scott Howson, seeing Klesla go down with an injury, my first call would be to Calgary for Robyn Regehr. I'm sure Howson is shying away because he has two years left on his deal and he's afraid to trade some of his youth to a Western Conference rival.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:16 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
I'm assuming Vandermeer could be had for a middle to late round pick, he would add toughness to our blue line.

Weiss could be the wildcard from that list. He's only making 3M and might be a notch above Vermy and Brass, could be a good fit.

Havlat, we've basically got one in Huselius. Personally not interested.

Hemsky would look great on the right of Nash. Too bad the Oilers wouldn't take Huselius back in return because that is the only way we could get him here.

Kaberle, I think we've talked about him to death on these boards. Howson should only go after him if he's positive that this team in going to make the playoffs, because he won't re-sign here and the would be the type of "risky" move that Howson has proven he won't make. The only way I see Howson taking a risk is if Burke is dumb enough to take back only dead-weight expiring contracts and a high pick. Not gonna happen.
Kaberle has an excelent offensive but his defensive is... maybe 1-2 from 10 points. So I do not any reason for his coming here.

Vandermeer is useless it does need any comment.

Havlát and trade... Minnesota plays for PO. Besides I do not believe his wealth now is quite O.K. but in the future... .

Hemský is often injured... a porcellanic doll. We do not need players who play half season (maybe).

Old
01-24-2011, 11:17 AM
blahblah

Quote:
With, hopefully, some changes with the defense this off season I'm not sure how that contract fits in with the overall make up of the team. Seems like something else would probably have to give. Meaning Jake or Brass perhaps.

Ultimately he probably doesn't solve what we are looking to solve. However, we would probably be stronger up the middle then we are right now.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:27 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
With, hopefully, some changes with the defense this off season I'm not sure how that contract fits in with the overall make up of the team. Seems like something else would probably have to give. Meaning Jake or Brass perhaps.

Ultimately he probably doesn't solve what we are looking to solve. However, we would probably be stronger up the middle then we are right now.
Maybe Weiss for Brassard and draft pick (a center for a center). But I do not know as Weiss would play here.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:28 AM
EDM

Unless it is to trade our junk or a fifth+ round draft pick, I do not see us in any "big trades". Ok, we move Hedja and Clark at the deadline. That is about it. Beyond that, it is just talk.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:31 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Unless it is to trade our junk or a fifth+ round draft pick, I do not see us in any "big trades". Ok, we move Hedja and Clark at the deadline. That is about it. Beyond that, it is just talk.
I we would trade Commodore it would be a big trade for us.

The true is I do not like the big trades but systematic building (do not mistake with re-building ).

Old
01-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
I agree with you that the "big trade" ship has sailed. I'd love for Howson to make us all liars. I think most of us agree that this team as constructed is not a playoff team. Again, make liars of us all.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Kev22

Quote:
Maybe Weiss for Brassard and draft pick (a center for a center). But I do not know as Weiss would play here.
Unless a GM thinks Brassard will explode into a scoring machine once out of Columbus, I don't think he'll be traded because of his contract. What I could see is a trade for Weiss, using Pahlsson (unlikely) and then bumping Vermette to the third line, and play Weiss with Nash.

Old
01-24-2011, 12:17 PM
jacks johnson

Quote:
Unless a GM thinks Brassard will explode into a scoring machine once out of Columbus, I don't think he'll be traded because of his contract. What I could see is a trade for Weiss, using Pahlsson (unlikely) and then bumping Vermette to the third line, and play Weiss with Nash.
I must be missing something on Brassard, because he certainly looks to be turning the corner and taking the next step in his development. He has been very good lately. No way he is traded unless its part of a deal for spezza.

Old
01-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

brass is signed to a decent second line center contract...he's hot that difficult to move if necc...

Old
01-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyes1 View Post
I must be missing something on Brassard, because he certainly looks to be turning the corner and taking the next step in his development. He has been very good lately. No way he is traded unless its part of a deal for spezza.
If I wasn't clear, I'm not advocating trading Brassard. I'm saying that I don't think another GM would want to trade for Brassard's contract unless they think he would break out into an All-Star.

Old
01-24-2011, 12:21 PM
jacks johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
brass is signed to a decent second line center contract...he's hot that difficult to move if necc...
Plus he's what 21 years old ? Probably safe to say he hasnt even begun to have his best seasons yet.

Closed Thread