HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Hamhuis for Beauchemin

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2011, 09:42 AM
  #1
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,433
vCash: 500
Hamhuis for Beauchemin

I know Vancouver would want more, and Hamhuis has a NTC (as does Beauchemin have a limited one) but in terms of just sheer value, how close is this? Keep in mind Hamhuis makes $700,000 more. Is this at all close?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 09:48 AM
  #2
RewBicks
Registered User
 
RewBicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country:
Posts: 1,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I know Vancouver would want more, and Hamhuis has a NTC (as does Beauchemin have a limited one) but in terms of just sheer value, how close is this? Keep in mind Hamhuis makes $700,000 more. Is this at all close?
Not at this point in their careers...

RewBicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 09:52 AM
  #3
Towers
Is it on Origin?
 
Towers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,784
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Towers
...Why?

Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 09:59 AM
  #4
burnabyjoe10
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
this will never happen- vancouver went out and signed hamhuis because he is a strong skating puck moving dman. They aren't about to trade him for slow skating beauchemin. Also, Hamhuis could have signed lots of places if you don't recall but he wanted to be in his home province. That would play a factor I believe. The canucks see him as an integral part of their future.

burnabyjoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:11 AM
  #5
Vayls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 301
vCash: 500
...and Beauchemin sucks

Vayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:24 AM
  #6
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White
 
Blaylock38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I know Vancouver would want more, and Hamhuis has a NTC (as does Beauchemin have a limited one) but in terms of just sheer value, how close is this? Keep in mind Hamhuis makes $700,000 more. Is this at all close?
I can't see Van even looking at this as a potential deal. I would much rather have Hamhuis than Beauchemin. Vancouver stays away from this one.

Blaylock38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:26 AM
  #7
danishh
Registered User
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: YOW
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,768
vCash: 50
there are other ways to save 700k than take a massive downgrade to a cup contending defense.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:29 AM
  #8
FrozenJagrt
Registered User
 
FrozenJagrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayls View Post
...and Beauchemin sucks
He really really doesn't. He's playing out of his element. Since coming to Toronto, Ron Wilson has asked Beauchemin to be the Leafs' top shutdown defender, playing against the absolute best of the best every night. That's not Beauchemin. He's a number 3-4 kind of guy getting number 1 minutes and responsibilities.

FrozenJagrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:53 AM
  #9
stanleyorbust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
Leafs probably wouldn't want this deal.... nothing against Hamhuis, he is a fantastic player and all. BUT... With Schenn, Phaneuf, and Komi playing a shut down role.. leafs really don't need another player like Hamhuis. I think they are trying to clear out a few guys such as Beauchemin for forwards to give some of the kids some room to grown in a defensive role (Gunnarson, Aulie, etc)

If Vancouver offered Raymond for Beauchimin + then leafs would be all over it. Hamhuis is just redundant on the leafs.

stanleyorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:54 AM
  #10
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 18,788
vCash: 500
Vancouver loves Hamhuis, they aren't trading him.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:55 AM
  #11
alpine4life
Registered User
 
alpine4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Vancouver loves Hamhuis, they aren't trading him.
^^^ This!

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:51 AM
  #12
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,518
vCash: 500
Nevarrrrrrr

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:54 AM
  #13
RewBicks
Registered User
 
RewBicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country:
Posts: 1,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyorbust View Post
Leafs probably wouldn't want this deal.... nothing against Hamhuis, he is a fantastic player and all. BUT... With Schenn, Phaneuf, and Komi playing a shut down role.. leafs really don't need another player like Hamhuis. I think they are trying to clear out a few guys such as Beauchemin for forwards to give some of the kids some room to grown in a defensive role (Gunnarson, Aulie, etc)

If Vancouver offered Raymond for Beauchimin + then leafs would be all over it. Hamhuis is just redundant on the leafs.
Hamhuis is a better puck-moving defenseman/player in transition than any of the defensemen you've listed. The only comparable on the Leafs in that regard is Kaberle (though Hamhuis does not have his nose for offense). Hamhuis would be the most well-rounded defender on the Leafs after Kaberle, easily. He is, without a doubt, better defensively and in transition than Phaneuf.

In other words, he wouldn't be redundant - whether or not Burke and his old school mentality realize it, he's exactly the kind of defenseman the Leafs are sorely going to need moving forward. And there's no way in hell the Canucks would trade him for a slow-footed, past his prime, weak in transition Beauchemin.


Last edited by RewBicks: 01-24-2011 at 12:05 PM.
RewBicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:58 AM
  #14
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor
 
K2B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,141
vCash: 50
No thanks

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:00 PM
  #15
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power
 
Fictional Realism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Crease
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,501
vCash: 894
Even hypothetically I don't see how this makes sense; not even getting into the fact Hamhuis has a full NTC, and would never in a million years waive it to go from the Canucks to the Leafs.

Fictional Realism is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:05 PM
  #16
Flowseidon
Compton
 
Flowseidon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
The question is why? the value is kinda there, but neither team does it

Flowseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:05 PM
  #17
paine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
Hamhuis

Beachemin... with Niedermayer as his partner.

paine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:06 PM
  #18
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,531
vCash: 50
I hate being one of those people that comes into a proposal thread and says "team X will not trade this player"...but Vancouver would hang up the phone before Toronto even finished talking.

Hamhuis is close to untouchable at this stage. It would take a staggering, staggering offer for the Canucks to even consider it. And Beauchemin is not even close to that kind of offer.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:16 PM
  #19
stanleyorbust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RewBicks View Post
Hamhuis is a better puck-moving defenseman/player in transition than any of the defensemen you've listed. The only comparable on the Leafs in that regard is Kaberle (though Hamhuis does not have his nose for offense). Hamhuis would be the most well-rounded defender on the Leafs after Kaberle, easily. He is, without a doubt, better defensively and in transition than Phaneuf.

In other words, he wouldn't be redundant - whether or not Burke and his old school mentality realize it, he's exactly the kind of defenseman the Leafs are sorely going to need moving forward. And there's no way in hell the Canucks would trade him for a slow-footed, past his prime, weak in transition Beauchemin.
HA.... Hamhuis is over-rated. He has no offensive upside what so-ever, and will always be a 20-30 pt defenseman at best. Only thing he beats Beauchemin on is the GVA, and and take aways. Every other defensive category he is behind Beauchimin in. He doesn't hit, he doesn't block shots. He is a good player... but his success in transition is more a product of the strong forward group Vancouver has than his own skills.

stanleyorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:18 PM
  #20
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,631
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I hate being one of those people that comes into a proposal thread and says "team X will not trade this player"...but Vancouver would hang up the phone before Toronto even finished talking.

Hamhuis is close to untouchable at this stage. It would take a staggering, staggering offer for the Canucks to even consider it. And Beauchemin is not even close to that kind of offer.
Hamhuis is FAR from untouchable... but this deal is WAYYY off. Beauch has been god awful this year. (and last year...)

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:20 PM
  #21
HappyGilmourr
Registered User
 
HappyGilmourr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Milton
Posts: 5,768
vCash: 500
Beauchemen is under rated on this board, he is a very good defesnemn for us but I'd take Hamhuis over him.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:23 PM
  #22
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power
 
Fictional Realism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Crease
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,501
vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyorbust View Post
HA.... Hamhuis is over-rated. He has no offensive upside what so-ever, and will always be a 20-30 pt defenseman at best. Only thing he beats Beauchemin on is the GVA, and and take aways. Every other defensive category he is behind Beauchimin in. He doesn't hit, he doesn't block shots. He is a good player... but his success in transition is more a product of the strong forward group Vancouver has than his own skills.
I'd hardly classify a 25-30pt defenseman as a guy with 'no offensive upside', but whatever. There are players who have NHL careers and score 10-15 points from the blue line; now that is limited offensive upside.

Fictional Realism is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:27 PM
  #23
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor
 
K2B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,141
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesAverman4 View Post
The question is why? the value is kinda there, but neither team does it
The Leafs would do it in a heartbeat, the Canucks on the other hand.....

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:27 PM
  #24
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Promiseland Walhalla
Posts: 3,502
vCash: 500
Scenario:

Burkie: Hey Gillis
Gillis: Hey Burkie
Burkie: We are interested in Ham..
Gillis: *ring *ring* hangs up

The guy took a hometown discount no way the 'Nucks are moving him esp. not for the likes of Beauchemin.

Eaglepride* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:50 PM
  #25
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyorbust View Post
HA.... Hamhuis is over-rated. He has no offensive upside what so-ever, and will always be a 20-30 pt defenseman at best. Only thing he beats Beauchemin on is the GVA, and and take aways. Every other defensive category he is behind Beauchimin in. He doesn't hit, he doesn't block shots. He is a good player... but his success in transition is more a product of the strong forward group Vancouver has than his own skills.
He actually does hit and block shots

Plus he is great for transition and turned Bieksa into what he is now

Plus plus..... he absolutely DESTROYED Douglas Murray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3N0tqoWIkM

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.