HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Washington Capitals @ Toronto Maple Leafs (01.22.2011) 7:00pm

Old
01-23-2011, 02:25 PM
EroCaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
listening to leafs talk, there's no wonder why they're so terrible for so long and they're ok with it.

The koolaid drinking about how this team is pretty good and they're only going to be great soon is borderline nuts.
They're eerily like the kabbal at Redskin's Park.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 05:33 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVrocks View Post
Yup, Backstrom has been pretty terrible all year. He doesn't seem to have any chemistry with Ov nor can he score to save his life. At least we know that Ov is injured so he has an excuse for sucking, but as far as I know there's nothing physically wrong with Backstrom.
i believe backstrom is brining ovechkin down with his LAZINESS, i didnt see him hustle once last night or finish a check or really show any signs of hard work

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 07:59 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

So happy to see Ovy have a big game. I pray this is the start of a monster run for the top line.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 09:27 PM
OVrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
i believe backstrom is brining ovechkin down with his LAZINESS, i didnt see him hustle once last night or finish a check or really show any signs of hard work
Yeah, the 2 checks that I remember him finishing this year resulted in boarding penalties....

OVrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:46 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

While the kid still struggles. I liked that I saw mojo win a face-off backstrom style by lifting the stick, 180 pivot, kick puck. Baby steps I guess.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 07:40 AM
txpd

a lot of times faceoffs are about strenth and experience. backstrom was terrible his first season as well.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 07:57 AM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
Backstrom is so lazy that his faceoff % is up, he leads all forwards on our team in blocked shots, and leads our team in takeaways. If he isn't playing, then what does that say about the rest of the team.

He's never been all that fast just a smooth skater, and never been all that physical but strong on his skates.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 09:05 AM
txpd

thats all true. lazy isnt the way i would describe whats wrong with him. but its something.

Old
01-24-2011, 09:20 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50

But I do think the way we generate offense from our top line has been changed. Run the offense through Nick. Ovi learning how to score without his move, looking to pass and the assist totals to back it up. Sprinkle in a little FCD, and here we are. If you dont see the obvious, yeah, lets just keep saying its a wrist or something. They are still getting their points and so are we.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

The Caps don't need all the Young Guns to have a top-shelf game every night. They just need at least one of the four to bring it in order to have success. For too much of December, all four were MIA at once. It cost them points.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 09:52 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

But I do think the way we generate offense from our top line has been changed. Run the offense through Nick. Ovi learning how to score without his move, looking to pass and the assist totals to back it up. Sprinkle in a little FCD, and here we are. If you dont see the obvious, yeah, lets just keep saying its a wrist or something. They are still getting their points and so are we.
assisting is great when someone else will finish. running the offense thru nicky is great if nicky is going to run some offense. if ovechkin is going to look to assist and that means passing to nicky and nicky scores one goal a month, the caps are offensively hosed.

as for ov, i am cool if he can get back on his pace by getting hit with shots while standing near the goal. ov...the new tim kerr. i am squeamish, though, that plan will result in consistant production.

but time will tell.

my question is that if the offense was not run enough thru nicky, how did he bag 100 pts when he is not the finisher?