HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Senators decide to rebuild

Old
01-24-2011, 10:56 AM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
Having seen most of Ottawaw's game this year, I agree with you on that one (35+ 5.5M per for 2 more seasons)

I say at most a 3rd rounder, and at that value I think the Sens will keep him.
What about something surrounding Khabiboulin? Now I don't expect and Sens or Oilers fans to be to excited about this, but hear me out. You get Boulin to be a reliable backup to Elliot, and save 2 million per season, the Oilers take a gamble on Gonchar (and reuniting him with Whitney), and possibly fill a hole on the top defense pair.

Bad contract for bad contract. I don't expect either teams fan base to jump on this, but is it at least worth discussing?

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:02 AM
GDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenixM View Post

Anyway, here are some of my proposals...

NASHVILLE

To Nashville:
Fisher

To Ottawa:
Taylor Beck
Marcel Goc
3rd

VANCOUVER

To Vancouver:
Alfredsson
2nd

To Ottawa:
Samuelsson
Schroeder
1st

BOSTON

To Boston:
Gonchar+

To Ottawa:
Zack Hammill
1st (BOS)
Salary Dump
massive overpayment by boston, u guys know alfredsson is in his late 30's right i guess that one's closer to value since your ottawas second will be so high this year?

gonchar's contract is atrocious....

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
Spezza is EASILY a top-15 center in the NHL. which puts the Sens ahead of half the league in terms of just first line conerstones. that's a pretty good start IMO.
Maybe 3 seasons ago he was but so many younger players have stepped over him now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
No thanks.
I'd be interested in the equivalent of a 2nd+ a bit. 2 years ago at the deadline Detroit offered a 2nd+Howard so think similar to that... although obviously Howard was not anywhere near as valuable back then.
I'd ask for Omark or Pitlick to be honest. A steep price would have to be paid to get Neil.
The Oilers would definitely pass. Actually I think the other 28 teams would as well. Neil's a character guy, but he's not worth an early 2nd "+ a bit" and not a chance do you get a player like Omark, or Pitlick. Oiler fans were told they'd be lucky to get a 2nd and a mid range prospect for Penner...???

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDU View Post
massive overpayment by boston, u guys know alfredsson is in his late 30's right i guess that one's closer to value since your ottawas second will be so high this year?

gonchar's contract is atrocious....
We like Gonchar to mentor our PMDs.

The Nashville deal is terrible. Also, no interest in the Alfredsson deal above.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:08 AM
wiredmaverick

Alfy to Vancouver.
Get it done!

wiredmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
You shut your ***** mouth. (to the bold)
Gonchar won't fetch that much, something like Ryder+Min 2nd(2011)+4th(2012) maybe.
Besides that I think you did a good job I really doubt Atlanta does that but its what the Sens would need back. Maybe add Peverley and take out the 3rd.

Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Leave Spezza Alone
melnyk pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredmaverick View Post
Alfy to Vancouver.
Get it done!
No.

Leave Spezza Alone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Maybe 3 seasons ago he was but so many younger players have stepped over him now.

The Oilers would definitely pass. Actually I think the other 28 teams would as well. Neil's a character guy, but he's not worth an early 2nd "+ a bit" and not a chance do you get a player like Omark, or Pitlick. Oiler fans were told they'd be lucky to get a 2nd and a mid range prospect for Penner...???
If you are interested in Omark, I would certainly consider a trade for Neil, but the Sens would probably need to include something more, and we know they won't be moving draft picks or prospects if they are rebuilding. I personally think that Omark would thrive in Ottawa, much more so than in Edmonton, simply because he is behind so many other young wingers in the depth chart in Edmonton. Omark and Cogliano for Neil and Foligno?

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredmaverick View Post
Alfy to Vancouver.
Get it done!

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:21 AM
NYVanfan

Alfie makes $5M; the Canucks are currently $2M over the cap.
He is also going on 39 and signed for 2 more years, and looks to be slowing down considerably (on a <50pt, -20 pace)
thanks very much, Canucks pass.

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:28 AM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
He is also going on 39 and signed for 2 more years, and looks to be slowing down considerably (on a <50pt, -20 pace)
Except he is still the leading scorer on the team and pretty much every players production on Ottawa is down by like 30-40% from career norms.

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post

Seriously you are using this stat against Alfie? how about you ****ing watch a game this season and not just look at stats, he's the only one that gives it 100% every shift while playing 20min+ a game trying to carry this piece of **** team on his back.

Van has been having trouble lately with it's secondary scoring (the past playoffs as well), Alfie would help that tremendously, especially in the playoffs, his body has declined and has not allowed him to carry this team anymore but could make a great 2nd liner and could be that piece that would put Van to the finals.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:48 AM
HeadLikeAnOrange*

Would love Alfie in Vancouver but that 35+ contract status is an absolute deal killer to a team that has hardly any (none?) bad contracts but is still super-tight against the cap.

Would have to be something around:

Ballard (cap reasons) [you guys would have to get rid of gonchar]
Raymond (young top 6 on value contract)
2011 1st (to sell to the fans)

Alfie
2011 2nd
2012 3rd

HeadLikeAnOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:52 AM
HeadLikeAnOrange*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Van has been having trouble lately with it's secondary scoring (the past playoffs as well)
Why does everybody say this? We are 3rd in scoring and our 2nd line C is top 15 in the league.

The past playoffs we had great scoring by commitee (Sammy, D-men, Wellwood).

Old
01-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadLikeAnOrange View Post
Would love Alfie in Vancouver but that 35+ contract status is an absolute deal killer to a team that has hardly any (none?) bad contracts but is still super-tight against the cap.

Would have to be something around:

Ballard (cap reasons) [you guys would have to get rid of gonchar]
Raymond (young top 6 on value contract)
2011 1st (to sell to the fans)

Alfie
2011 2nd
2012 3rd
So we lose Alfredsson, and a 3rd, to move up 10 spots in the draft (maybe), pick up Ballard (a salary dump) and Raymond (a guy we don't need).

Doesn't make a lot of sense for us.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:00 PM
HeadLikeAnOrange*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
So we lose Alfredsson, and a 3rd, to move up 10 spots in the draft (maybe), pick up Ballard (a salary dump) and Raymond (a guy we don't need).

Doesn't make a lot of sense for us.
Would hardly call Ballard a salary dump, he has value in a trade but salary has to come back because Van has ZERO space.

How do you 'not need' Raymond? Your goal diff is 30th in the league, you need all the young 2-way skill guys you can get your hands on.

Old
01-24-2011, 12:02 PM
gongshowmonkey

How much for Chris Neil to the Canucks?

gongshowmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post

Well Penners obviously worth more than that for starters. 2nd off, I think some teams would give that for Neil (they were open to it in his UFA year and he was awful then). He's been having a pretty good year and last year he was amazing. He's a perfect addition to a contender. An above average 4th liner even without his fists, and a tough guy too. Teams don't value 2nds like HF. I don't even want to trade Neil, he's a guy I really like and would really like to keep for at least the duration of his contract, but if he is dealt the east I'd be satisfied with is a 2nd or around that.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote