HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames Rebuild

Old
01-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by despec View Post
I don't think any team will take Jokinen with his contract at this moment.
Really? I'm not a huge Jokinen fan (far from it actually), but for 3 million I'm sure some teams out there would be interested, especially considering nearly 2/3rds of his points (28) have come in the last month after a brutal start.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:13 PM
blankall

Quote:
I don't think any team will take Jokinen with his contract at this moment.
He's being paid 3 million a year short term. Will probably put up around 50 or more poitns this year, despite being on offensively challegned Flames squad. What is wrong with his contract?

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
I'm not talking about his trade value... reading comprehension buddy. I'm making an argument that he's a damn good goalie. 10-15 games doesn't change that.
He was a good goalie. the rest of this season will show that he isn't anymore. And I was talking about his trade value buddy, nothing else buddy. I really couldn't give less of a **** how great you seem to think he is buddy. Because in all honesty, I was talking about the most valuable goalies in the NHL and why, buddy, he doesn't have as much value as these other goalies do.

Buddy.

BTW, learn some conversation skills. I was never ever ever ever talking about Kipper's skill or doubting how good he was, I was arguing that he's not a top 5 goalie now, nor does he have high value. Seriously, maybe read over what I'm saying and comprehend it before telling me I don't know how to read and comprehend your bombastic, poorly constructed, misspelled posts.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Rover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
He's being paid 3 million a year short term. Will probably put up around 50 or more poitns this year, despite being on offensively challegned Flames squad. What is wrong with his contract?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Really? I'm not a huge Jokinen fan (far from it actually), but for 3 million I'm sure some teams out there would be interested, especially considering nearly 2/3rds of his points (28) have come in the last month after a brutal start.
- Contract goes on for one more year
- Most teams have 2 centers that are better
- Those that are not are likely to be rebuilding teams and have no use for him
- Too 1-Dimensional to fit on team's 3rd lines (Average 6sec of PK per game)
- Character issues suggested by ex players and analysts

etc...

Rover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:38 PM
blankall

Quote:
- Contract goes on for one more year
- Most teams have 2 centers that are better
- Those that are not are likely to be rebuilding teams and have no use for him
- Too 1-Dimensional to fit on team's 3rd lines (Average 6sec of PK per game)
- Character issues suggested by ex players and analysts

etc...
Like I said before, he's 40th in points now and quickly climing. If he finishes in the top 30. I think you overestimate the centre depth in the league.

He is also an extremely popular player on every team he has ever been with. He clearly has some confidence issues, but I wouldn't call him a locker cancer by any means.

Yes his contract goes on for more than one season..It's a whole 1 and 1/3 seasons....Hardly a long term risk.

He might not fit on a 3rd line, that's because he's not a third line player. He's a second line centre that can jump up into a 1st line centre role if needed.

Old
01-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
LiYes his contract goes on for more than one year...It's a whole 1 and 1/3 seasons....Hardly a long term risk.
Exactly.

Sutter himself wouldn't sign him back, and go on record saying that '[they] never should have traded him', if he was a cancer.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:41 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Exactly.

Sutter himself wouldn't sign him back, and go on record saying that '[they] never should have traded him', if he was a cancer.
Not only that, take a look at what other second line centres were being paid last off season. His contract is much cheaper than comparable players like Arnott and Lombardi.

Old
01-24-2011, 02:51 PM
iggyman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Kiprusoff was fantastic last year on a terrible Flames team. For the last month or so he himself has been quite bad.
Since when is 90 points "terrible"? We had one terrible month...not an entire season...

iggyman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Rover*

Quote:
Like I said before, he's 40th in points now and quickly climing. If he finishes in the top 30. I think you overestimate the centre depth in the league.

He is also an extremely popular player on every team he has ever been with. He clearly has some confidence issues, but I wouldn't call him a locker cancer by any means.

Yes his contract goes on for more than one season..It's a whole 1 and 1/3 seasons....Hardly a long term risk.

He might not fit on a 3rd line, that's because he's not a third line player. He's a second line centre that can jump up into a 1st line centre role if needed.
Name me teams that can use him then. What contending team could fit in a $3 million caphit for this year and the next that gives them an inconsistent streaky 1-dimensional center .

Here are some of his other stats:
- Team worst -15
- Only Hagman and Kotalik plays less PK
- Poor faceoff %

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Exactly.

And Sutter got fired because of his actions last year and this year.

Rover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:12 PM
missinthejets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatlender View Post
Why is Backlund untouchable? Just because he's young? There's little indication that he'll ever become more than an average to above average 2nd line center. If you can get a good deal for him I'd think you'd move him without hesitation. Unless I'm really missing something.

because when you're already lacking in the prospect department you don't want to give up your best one, you want to add around him. Yeah it's up for a lot of debate just how good the guy will ever become but he's not a useless player by any stretch so no need to trade him unless you're socks are knocked off by an offer but the chances of that happening are slim.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote