HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarret Stoll to Chicago

Old
01-24-2011, 03:09 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Jarret Stoll to Chicago

Has a reasonable contract and would be an outstanding No. 2 C for the Hawks the rest of this year and next year. What would L.A. want in return? Bear in mind, I am assuming they would have an eye toward next year and the future if they decided to deal him.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:16 PM
northernKing

vCash: 500
Maybe Stalberg? He has looked very good in the games I have seen him play. Watching him play with Chicago's top 6 makes me think he could be very good on Kopitars LW

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:18 PM
digdug41982

I'd think they'd want a little more than that, maybe a 2nd and Stalberg?

Old
01-24-2011, 03:22 PM
markisonfire

Stoll + any prospects not named Schenn for Sharp...

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Stoll's value is far higher to LA then just 2nd line C. He is very good in the face-off circle, he kills penalties, plays the point on the PP. If LA wanted to move Stoll, it would be for an upgrade, not Stalberg (even with the pick). I'm not sure what the Kings biggest needs are, but moving Stoll for lesser talent doesn't make sense for LA.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:25 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Would like Stoll in Chicago. Only makes sense if we are moving prospects/picks back though. Stalberg could absolutely be involved.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:26 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Ya I agree it would take a little more than just Stalberg but just looking at the Hawks NHL roster he kinda makes the most sense. There was some talk that LA tried to move up in the 2008 draft to get Beach.

Stoll and Simmonds for Stalberg, Beach/Morin and 1st rd pick? As a Kings fan I don't want to see Simmonds traded as i think he has 25-30 goal potential and is a solid two way player. However his name seems to ALWAYS be popping up so maybe he is being offered up?

Old
01-24-2011, 03:27 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Stoll's value is far higher to LA then just 2nd line C. He is very good in the face-off circle, he kills penalties, plays the point on the PP. If LA wanted to move Stoll, it would be for an upgrade, not Stalberg (even with the pick). I'm not sure what the Kings biggest needs are, but moving Stoll for lesser talent doesn't make sense for LA.
What about a 1st and a 4th, seems like a very fair return to me and you guys could draft or use that as currency to fill any hole on the roster. Brayden Schenn will replace him soon, so he is expendable.

Old
01-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Ya I agree it would take a little more than just Stalberg but just looking at the Hawks NHL roster he kinda makes the most sense. There was some talk that LA tried to move up in the 2008 draft to get Beach.

Stoll and Simmonds for Stalberg, Beach/Morin and 1st rd pick? As a Kings fan I don't want to see Simmonds traded as i think he has 25-30 goal potential and is a solid two way player. However his name seems to ALWAYS be popping up so maybe he is being offered up?
^
Simmonds is overated to be honest and as a Hawks fan we have better wingers on roster then him in our top 9

Cap wise it would be difficult to afford Stoll this year for Hawks

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:33 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Somewhat true but it does free up cap space for next summer if LA needs to outbid for players like Semin and/or Richards. The fact Stoll/Kopitar sometimes play the point is more a coaching thing IMO. Doughty and Johnson should ALWAYS be on the 1st PP unit. Next year maybe Voynov or Hickey picks up minutes or LA uses the cap room to grab a Markov/Kaberle/Jovo type who can play. Mitchell is only signed until the end of 2011-12 and LA will probably be looking to add another top 4dman to go with JJ,DD and Scuderi.

I only see LA moving Stoll for picks or prospcets if they are 8-10 points out of the playoffs at the deadline. Plus Stoll loves LA and chances are he could be interested in returning as an UFA in 2012. Its just good asset management.

Old
01-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Boondock

Quote:
What about a 1st and a 4th, seems like a very fair return to me and you guys could draft or use that as currency to fill any hole on the roster. Brayden Schenn will replace him soon, so he is expendable.
This is a very good offer, and would get Stoll out of LA. 1st carry a lot of value, especially in the cap era (ELC)

Old
01-24-2011, 03:38 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
^
Simmonds is overated to be honest and as a Hawks fan we have better wingers on roster then him in our top 9

Cap wise it would be difficult to afford Stoll this year for Hawks
Simmonds would bring some of the grit to Chicago that they lost by trading Eager, Byfuglien and Ladd IMO. But I do agree about Stoll and the Hawks cap being a little hard to work

Old
01-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Somewhat true but it does free up cap space for next summer if LA needs to outbid for players like Semin and/or Richards. The fact Stoll/Kopitar sometimes play the point is more a coaching thing IMO. Doughty and Johnson should ALWAYS be on the 1st PP unit. Next year maybe Voynov or Hickey picks up minutes or LA uses the cap room to grab a Markov/Kaberle/Jovo type who can play. Mitchell is only signed until the end of 2011-12 and LA will probably be looking to add another top 4dman to go with JJ,DD and Scuderi.

I only see LA moving Stoll for picks or prospcets if they are 8-10 points out of the playoffs at the deadline. Plus Stoll loves LA and chances are he could be interested in returning as an UFA in 2012. Its just good asset management.
You seem to know LA better then I do so I'll agree with you although Stoll has always played the point even in Edm - minor point, doesn't change anything. I could see Stoll being moved in the offseason to free up cap space, but during the season unless it's an upgrade, it would be unlikely IMO.

Old
01-24-2011, 06:03 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Simmonds and Stoll would be great offseason pickups, we just don't have the space for them right now.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 06:10 PM
SFKingshomer

Stoll won't be traded unless it's for an upgrade. He's worth far more to LA than a borderline bust and a 2nd. Simmonds isn't available unless you have a legit top 6 forward to trade.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 06:39 PM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Chicago needs an enforcer. Obviously Carcillo and Hartnell were enough to batter them yesterday.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 07:55 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerPuck View Post
Chicago needs an enforcer. Obviously Carcillo and Hartnell were enough to batter them yesterday.
Obviously you didn't watch the game. Hartnell turtled when Bickell started pummelling him and it looked like Carcillo got his nose busted when he went at it with Dowell.

Oh ... and maybe it's just a coincidence, but Q dressed Scott for the game yesterday and Pronger just didn't seem to be his usual cross-checking self. Hmmm?

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerPuck View Post
Meh. We have an enforcer (John Scott) and he played yesterday against the Flyers and didn't fight or really intimidate. The guys who fought and actually played with sandpaper were guys who can also play hockey (Dowell, Bickell, Brouwer). We don't need an enforcer, we need players who will hit and play physical on top of being able to contribute on the ice in other ways.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote