HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eklund: Rangers-Canucks

Old
01-24-2011, 02:01 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Didn't click on the link because I'm not contributing to Hockeybuzz ad revenue....
no names were mentioned. just saying 2-for-1 between Van and NYR with the 2 going to the Rangers. I guess since we have so many injuries.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:08 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
no names were mentioned. just saying 2-for-1 between Van and NYR with the 2 going to the Rangers. I guess since we have so many injuries.
Thanks.....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:14 PM
terrrrrible

Another salary move possibly? Even though Vancouver doesn't have much room to take on any more...

terrrrrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:16 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrrrrible View Post
Another salary move possibly? Even though Vancouver doesn't have much room to take on any more...
It's possible we would be giving them some salary cap relief then. We have close to $2M to spare. Bieksa, Salo, and Ehrhoff are their more expensive impending UFAs.

Old
01-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

A salary move makes no sense for Vancouver. They are up against the cap.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:22 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Neither team has any real cap space, any of Vancouver's D that would help us makes 3+ million, and other than Drury, who has a NMC, Gaborik is the only healthy "bigger name" we have upfront...

I'm confused

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Neither team has any real cap space, any of Vancouver's D that would help us makes 3+ million, and other than Drury, who has a NMC, Gaborik is the only healthy "bigger name" we have upfront...

I'm confused
Hopefully Drury. Sather could make it a point that he's fallen out of favor w/ Tortorella and that with an increased roll and with more veteran offensive players he will be more successful. Vancouver also seems to need that 1 piece which puts them over that hump. Drury could deliver that.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:28 PM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

did I mention that I would LOVE to have a fellow countryman w/ the Rangers? Airhoff, get him here Slats!

IceBear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Hopefully Drury. Sather could make it a point that he's fallen out of favor w/ Tortorella and that with an increased roll and with more veteran offensive players he will be more successful. Vancouver also seems to need that 1 piece which puts them over that hump. Drury could deliver that.
While that would be nice - with what cap space does Vancouer do this?

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:29 PM
The Beezer

Quote:
You mean they are missing a guy who can't pass or score and seems to be constantly turning the puck over?

It's nice to have a dream.......

The Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Vancouver fans are begging people to take Bieksa. He's been terrible. Why would any of you guys want him?

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Canucker

Quote:
There is ZERO chance we take on Drury. Nobody in their right mind takes on that contract.

If you consider the source there really isn't much meat on this bone. If there is anything there its likely to be for fringe players/AHL'ers.

Canucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Vancouver fans are begging people to take Bieksa. He's been terrible. Why would any of you guys want him?
Bieksa has been one of our better defenders this year and the tune has changed with him. Early in the year people (myself included) wanted him gone ASAP, but he has really turned his game around. He could still become a cap casualty with Salo working his way back, but I believe we are currently trying to work around our cap issues so we can keep our defense intact.

Old
01-24-2011, 02:33 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Maybe we're gonna trade for Sergio Momesso or Jyrki Lumme?

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:35 PM
SomE

****ing ranger fans.. actually wanting Bieksa?

Watch some games outside of the Atlantic division one day guys.

SomE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Bieksa has been one of our better defenders this year and the tune has changed with him. Early in the year people (myself included) wanted him gone ASAP, but he has really turned his game around. He could still become a cap casualty with Salo working his way back, but I believe we are currently trying to work around our cap issues so we can keep our defense intact.
That's the first time I have heard that all year.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:40 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post

I'm confused
we have close to $2M and with the season 1/2 over, that is enough to take a player with close to a $4M salary. i.e Bieksa, Salo, or Ehrhoff. In this scenario, I'm gonna assume the salary of the player we send + the salary of the other player we get cancel out.

Old
01-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I won't open it up either being it's Eklund.

But it sounds like nothing tha thasen't been discussed here before. But, the big question is, why would the Canucks be looking to deal one of if not thier most physical player? Getting ready for a playoff run the Canucks to me seem to only be missing some physical players. I don't think that Sather would be dumb enough to trade Prust out there. I mean that guy bleeds blue maybe more than any current member of this team.

Not to hijack the thread, but there were rumors earlier that Neil was to become a Ranger. I could see this one still materializing, but...i think the Canucks might be willing to offer up a little more for him. He seems line a perfect fit there. Being that the Sens have openly said they will be looking to clean house I would think that players like Chris Neil, Matt Carkner and Ruutu will get a decent return at the deadline.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
Maybe we're gonna trade for Sergio Momesso or Jyrki Lumme?
ha, Doug Lidster and Trevor Linden

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
That's the first time I have heard that all year.
Watch the games....go read some of the posts on our forum. Opinions of Bieksa have changed radically. I was one who wanted him gone, but he's been extremely solid.

Old
01-24-2011, 02:54 PM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I won't open it up either being it's Eklund.

But it sounds like nothing tha thasen't been discussed here before. But, the big question is, why would the Canucks be looking to deal one of if not thier most physical player? Getting ready for a playoff run the Canucks to me seem to only be missing some physical players. I don't think that Sather would be dumb enough to trade Prust out there. I mean that guy bleeds blue maybe more than any current member of this team.

Not to hijack the thread, but there were rumors earlier that Neil was to become a Ranger. I could see this one still materializing, but...i think the Canucks might be willing to offer up a little more for him. He seems line a perfect fit there. Being that the Sens have openly said they will be looking to clean house I would think that players like Chris Neil, Matt Carkner and Ruutu will get a decent return at the deadline.
Well the Rangers offered him the same contract that he got from Ottawa soo hmm

SomE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:06 PM
94now

Drury should wave. It's a real chance to win the SC for him. Makes Lundquist a C.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Vitto79

There likely is no deal but for the record Bieksa is having a very good year for Vancouver. Started poor then he started to light up like he has before.

I like Bieksa I just can't see the Rangers adding salary and have no clue who Vancouver would want as a "bigger named forward" no way Callahan or Dubinsky are going anywhere and I highly doubt Gabby goes anywhere

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:16 PM
TrollololBoyle

Yay Burrows!

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Patriks7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
There likely is no deal but for the record Bieksa is having a very good year for Vancouver. Started poor then he started to light up like he has before.

I like Bieksa I just can't see the Rangers adding salary and have no clue who Vancouver would want as a "bigger named forward" no way Callahan or Dubinsky are going anywhere and I highly doubt Gabby goes anywhere
Exactly. We don't really have any "bigger named forward" that hasn't been labeled part of the core, which I doubt Vancouver would overpay for. Unless Sather is gonna trick them into thinking Drury is god?

Patriks7 is offline   Reply With Quote