HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#49: Flyers @ Blackhawks - Sunday, Jan. 23, 2011 - 12:30 PM (ET)

Old
01-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
Just one thing, how much of the puck did bob get when he slid across the crease?

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:37 PM
kicksave27

The replays get to it a bit late, but it looked like bob did make the save with his skate. Could be the post too, but the replay's just weren't conclusive. The fact that he got there was still just amazing. I can't think of another goalie in the league thats quicker than bob. MAF maybe as quick, but Bob is more gumby. I really wish he was in nets in the finals, I know it was a vastly different hawks team, but the flyers goaltending was a steaming pile that series.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:51 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I dont think MAF is as fast.

Halak is super fast down low

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Yeah, the PP is starting to worry me. The PK not so much since we've been alright in that regard. Another PK-minded forward would help a lot (so we won't have to play Richards so much). Our defense has been solid, but for whatever reason cannot score goals to save their lives.
I think they could cure the PP by just leaving the existing lines together instead of mixing them up. Switching up Giroux and Leino doesn't make much sense.

Usually one of the top three lines draws the penalty, so let the next two go lines out in order for a minute each.

It also psyches the opponent out when it's PP time and you just send out the next line in rotation. Sort of 'hey, we can dominate you 5 on 5, let's see how you do 5 on 4?'

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:16 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I think they could cure the PP by just leaving the existing lines together instead of mixing them up. Switching up Giroux and Leino doesn't make much sense.

Usually one of the top three lines draws the penalty, so let the next two go lines out in order for a minute each.

It also psyches the opponent out when it's PP time and you just send out the next line in rotation. Sort of 'hey, we can dominate you 5 on 5, let's see how you do 5 on 4?'
The problem with that set up, is that Richards is our best PP forward, and we certainly can't roll Carcillo-Richards-Nodl on the PP.

I would however try putting HBL together on the PP with Giroux-Richards-Carter on the other one.

Old
01-24-2011, 04:29 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
The problem with that set up, is that Richards is our best PP forward, and we certainly can't roll Carcillo-Richards-Nodl on the PP.

I would however try putting HBL together on the PP with Giroux-Richards-Carter on the other one.
HBL were together on the powerplay on saturday. they didn't look so great. Leino opting to pass = puck going the other way.

Hartnell-Carter-Briere
Timonen-Pronger

JVR-Richards-Giroux
Carle/Coburn-Meszaros

move richards or giroux to the point if you're looking to add zherdev or leino.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:32 PM
HoverCarle*

Yeah I actually don't like Leino on the PP that much lately. He hesitates too long. I think Z should get some more time if he keeps up his good play

Old
01-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Yeah I actually don't like Leino on the PP that much lately. He hesitates too long. I think Z should get some more time if he keeps up his good play
Z could add a spark to the PP. It wouldn't hurt to try, at least.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Now that pronger is back

JVR - Richards - Briere
Pronger - Mez

Carter - Giroux - Z
Kimmo - Mez

Roll these for a while. Get back to basics, smash the puck from the points on the first line.

Second line, can move the puck around.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 07:02 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Completely agree, that's been something that's bugging me for a while, Leino is a great ES player, but has not impressed me on the PP especially considering that JVR is on the bench (not as sold on Zherdev as a PP player).

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 07:56 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 200
I think someone else mentioned it before but didnt it seem like we played a different defensive and neutral zone scheme? I thought we played more of a trap when they were trying to breakout. Maybe its something Lavi is saving for the playoffs. Whatever it was it worked perfectly.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
I dont think MAF is as fast.

Halak is super fast down low
Really? I think MAF has the fastest feet I've ever seen on a goalie, side to side is up there too. And Halak is quick and very good down low but I would've guessed his feet slower than either of them (though do think he gets up and down into the butterfly very quickly). Bob's hand are probably faster than either of their's though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I'd expect someone talented offensively to be capable on the PP and to have put up 40 points more then once in his career.

Him leading the d-men league-wide in ES points isn't all that amazing to me considering that we're an utterly dominating team at ES and Carle had a relatively big role on this team while Pronger was out.
Yeah....and he filled it, which is part of why we remained a strong 5v5 team. Give the man his due. You're making it sound like Joe Schmo could go out there and do what he does, come on.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 09:53 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post

That's not how it is, the game is played different 5 on 4 than 5 on 5 (obviously). The tactics, system, set plays, the whole game is different. If it was simple as just rolling each line, that's what everyone would do.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote