HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers and Thrashers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2011, 01:39 AM
  #101
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,967
vCash: 300
Phh, Thrashers fans, what do THEY know about their team.

(I don't need to point out the sarcasm, do I?)

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 01:57 AM
  #102
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,725
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
Yes..His -12 and .6? PPG sure is very beast mode this year. Not bad for an undersized forward who gets caught with his head down on occasion.

Stamkos has great talent around him.

Tavares hasn't done much in Long Island.(Yeah 30 goals is good with the talent around him..ie none), and mentioning Sid makes no sense, As He's the greatest player in the league.

You know how we feel? Do you? Because from what i am reading you really don't. Byfuglien would be nothing without Enstrom. He was paired with Oduya tonight, and looked lost and got exposed. Enstrom covers for those mistakes, and makes Byfuglien a feasible Defensemen.
Stamkos and Tavares are going to be just fine.

You don't need to be 6'4 when you have talent like Taylor Hall, also Nathan Gerbe and Tyler Ennis aren't leaving the Sabres anytime soon, size really isn't the biggest factor for success in the NHL these days. I thought you understood that with Dawes, Stapleton, Enstrom and Meyers.

I'd also like you to check up on the western conference and see what position Taylor Hall's team is in and understand all the key injuries that team has had to suffer with. I'm just as excited to witness Hall in the future as yourself bud, please don't get me wrong.

I'm sure hoping Enstrom never misses a game again for the Thrashers because thats hard to believe how much the Thrashers rely on him like the "fans" are saying(I don't agree, the team can win without him in the lineup) or were you guys really kidding when you said you liked the Kovalchuk trade??


Last edited by lakai17: 01-24-2011 at 04:06 AM.
lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:11 AM
  #103
Toydarian
Registered User
 
Toydarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
Yes..His -12 and .6? PPG sure is very beast mode this year. Not bad for an undersized forward who gets caught with his head down on occasion.

Stamkos has great talent around him.

Tavares hasn't done much in Long Island.(Yeah 30 goals is good with the talent around him..ie none), and mentioning Sid makes no sense, As He's the greatest player in the league.

You know how we feel? Do you? Because from what i am reading you really don't. Byfuglien would be nothing without Enstrom. He was paired with Oduya tonight, and looked lost and got exposed. Enstrom covers for those mistakes, and makes Byfuglien a feasible Defensemen.
I don't agree with the guy you quoted and I think Enstrom is a fantastic defenseman, who is getting little to no credit from EDM fans.

However, this statement bothered me a little, since when is 6'1 and 194lbs (at 19 yrs old) undersized? The "head down" comment is blown out of proportion and is relatively untrue (every player gets caught with their head down from time to time). Also, +/- is a very poor stat to use when criticizing a player who plays on the worst team in the NHL (and has a GF-GA of -45).

If you have a 1 year fantasy league, obviously Enstrom is worth more than Hall but in relation to their (potential) careers I think Hall is worth more. That is merely opinion though.

Either way though, I think EDM fans are making themselves look like ignorant fools and ATL fans are reacting with homer propaganda, very silly.

Toydarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:11 AM
  #104
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
Yes..His -12 and .6? PPG sure is very beast mode this year. Not bad for an undersized forward...
Stopped reading here. Clearly you have no idea about players outside your own team.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:58 AM
  #105
sid49
Registered User
 
sid49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 1,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
You mean the South East Division that has 3 teams in the playoff's, and a 4th one in 9th place?
Where out of 16 games against the south east he has 5 points against them?
And a combined 37 points in the other 34 games?

How about a minus 6 in the south east compared to the +8 against the other teams?

Don't go ragging on the south east division, or his stats if you aren't comparing to him against your main argument of being in the south east. It's foolish.

So yes, Right now he is worth more then Taylor Hall and Eberle.

"wah wah goaltending" Chris Mason has a 3.78 GAA and a 892 save percentage. WORSE then khabi and in less games. (3.48/892) (19 games for Mason compared to 31 to Khabi).

Thinking that right now Enstrom isn't worth the production and from defence mind you, you would get from Taylor Hall and Eberle, you are mistaken.
I didn't mean the South East was a less talented division, but you guys don't have the physicality that the Northwest does. Plain and simple. Enstrom has not been injured before, but a 5 foot 10 defenceman coming into the Northwest division, somethings gotta give. I made this proposal because i really like his game, but it will change if came he to play in Edmonton. Also can a Thrasher fan explain to me the Hate on Bogosain, i thought you guys really liked him?

sid49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:30 AM
  #106
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
I want Penner. Straight up?
Bogosian hasn't shown to be as valuable as Penner is to Edmonton, so not straight up, but I think there could be something there.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:43 PM
  #107
Ashe
Registered User
 
Ashe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Saskatoon SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
I didn't mean the South East was a less talented division, but you guys don't have the physicality that the Northwest does. Plain and simple. Enstrom has not been injured before, but a 5 foot 10 defenceman coming into the Northwest division, somethings gotta give. I made this proposal because i really like his game, but it will change if came he to play in Edmonton. Also can a Thrasher fan explain to me the Hate on Bogosain, i thought you guys really liked him?
Hits

5311 in the South East Division Total
5297 in the North West.

Also : Both Wash(11) and Carolina(2) are ranked higher then the canucks who lead your division (12th overall)
Try again please.

Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:48 PM
  #108
Ashe
Registered User
 
Ashe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Saskatoon SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Stopped reading here. Clearly you have no idea about players outside your own team.




All giant hits, with his head looking at the puck.

Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:54 PM
  #109
Ashe
Registered User
 
Ashe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Saskatoon SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Stamkos and Tavares are going to be just fine.

You don't need to be 6'4 when you have talent like Taylor Hall, also Nathan Gerbe and Tyler Ennis aren't leaving the Sabres anytime soon, size really isn't the biggest factor for success in the NHL these days. I thought you understood that with Dawes, Stapleton, Enstrom and Meyers.
You mean 3 call ups due to injuries? we have in our top 6?

Quote:
I'd also like you to check up on the western conference and see what position Taylor Hall's team is in and understand all the key injuries that team has had to suffer with. I'm just as excited to witness Hall in the future as yourself bud, please don't get me wrong.
Evander Kane, Andrew Ladd, Modin, Nik Antropov, Jim Slater, Bryan Little have all missed time this year. With Kane/Ladd/Modin/Antropov/Slater all currently out with injuries. 4 of them top 6 skaters for our team.

Quote:
I'm sure hoping Enstrom never misses a game again for the Thrashers because thats hard to believe how much the Thrashers rely on him like the "fans" are saying(I don't agree, the team can win without him in the lineup) or were you guys really kidding when you said you liked the Kovalchuk trade??
You find it hard to believe? Go check out the board. Use some thoughts and do some research before you make claims like that please.

Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:03 PM
  #110
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
. Also can a Thrasher fan explain to me the Hate on Bogosain, i thought you guys really liked him?
he was almost as good as enstrom his rookie year. since then he's lost confidence faster than a 13 year old girl who just saw all her friends get boobs.

actually the only difference between him and byfuglien is confidence and the fact that one has the fortune of playing with enstrom to cover up for his mistakes.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:06 PM
  #111
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,457
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
Yea, Hall was the first one to admit he got caught
He turned around quickly keeping the puck in the zone and Winnick happened to be right there
How they hell can you say his head was down? He tried to side step the Slovak and got clipped on the leg

All giant hits, with his head looking at the puck.
Give me the name of any talented fast player in the league and I'll show you weak examples too. Or you can grab some popcorn and search "Enstrom hit" on YouTube and watch as he's the recipient 75% of the time


Last edited by Homesick: 01-24-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:16 PM
  #112
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 23,048
vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
Hits

5311 in the South East Division Total
5297 in the North West.

Also : Both Wash(11) and Carolina(2) are ranked higher then the canucks who lead your division (12th overall)
Try again please.
BAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
he was almost as good as enstrom his rookie year. since then he's lost confidence faster than a 13 year old girl who just saw all her friends get boobs.

actually the only difference between him and byfuglien is confidence and the fact that one has the fortune of playing with enstrom to cover up for his mistakes.
I lol'd hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Give me the name of any talented fast player in the league and I'll show you weak examples too. Or you can grab some popcorn and search "Enstrom hit" on YouTube and watch as he's the recipient 75% of the time
Your point? He's never missed a game because of a hit.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:22 PM
  #113
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilsburnsclean View Post
Hmm how many take away's does Enstrom have where in the league does he rank in that category very important stat for Dmen more Important than blocked shots edit ranked 48 of defensemen Buff ranked num 1 in the Nhl mark my words Buff Norris candidate before Enstrom Small dmen have hard time stripping puck away in dzone
bufuglien would be the laughing stock of the league if enstrom didn't bail him out 3 times a game.

what is it going to take for people to realize that byfuglien is nothing more than a rover? he does not now and probably never will deserve to be a norris candidate.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:25 PM
  #114
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post




All giant hits, with his head looking at the puck.
He's an undersized forward?


Kthxbai

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:26 PM
  #115
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
bufuglien would be the laughing stock of the league if enstrom didn't bail him out 3 times a game.

what is it going to take for people to realize that byfuglien is nothing more than a rover? he does not now and probably never will deserve to be a norris candidate.
so u keep Enstrom and trade us Byfuglien for Penner

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:27 PM
  #116
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Bogosian hasn't shown to be as valuable as Penner is to Edmonton, so not straight up, but I think there could be something there.
Bogosian for Penner?

Straight up?

Accepted, not even a second thought.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:57 PM
  #117
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
so u keep Enstrom and trade us Byfuglien for Penner
now i'm not saying he isn't one of our better players, just not a good d-man.

and i really don't see the need for penner. he isn't a massive upgrade over anyone in our top six besides stewart, and i don't see the need to trade away any of our d-men for an upgrade at 2nd line wing when our problem is defense.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:01 PM
  #118
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
now i'm not saying he isn't one of our better players, just not a good d-man.

and i really don't see the need for penner. he isn't a massive upgrade over anyone in our top six besides stewart, and i don't see the need to trade away any of our d-men for an upgrade at 2nd line wing when our problem is defense.
yah I know what you mean and was just being a smart@$$ .. Sux to know that Bogosian hasnt taken the next step for you guys yet. Too early to give up on a kid like that though.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:23 PM
  #119
Ashe
Registered User
 
Ashe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Saskatoon SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
now i'm not saying he isn't one of our better players, just not a good d-man.

and i really don't see the need for penner. he isn't a massive upgrade over anyone in our top six besides stewart, and i don't see the need to trade away any of our d-men for an upgrade at 2nd line wing when our problem is defense.
Don't listen to him. Our problem is scoring again (as the recent shoot out losses prove), Penner is a giant upgrade

Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:37 PM
  #120
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,457
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Your point? He's never missed a game because of a hit.
What was the point of posting hits on Taylor Hall? Has he missed games?

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:20 PM
  #121
sid49
Registered User
 
sid49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 1,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
Hits

5311 in the South East Division Total
5297 in the North West.

Also : Both Wash(11) and Carolina(2) are ranked higher then the canucks who lead your division (12th overall)
Try again please.
Do you have any quality of the hits? The defenceman in the Northwest are bigger then the ones in the SouthEast, and on the hit totals, in all the Southeast has played five more games then the Northwest, if game totals were even at 245 the hit totals would be.

5311 Southeast
5407 Northwest

so it would be cool if you didn't fabricate the stats.

sid49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:20 PM
  #122
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
I'd move Hemsky for Kane

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:26 PM
  #123
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 23,048
vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
Do you have any quality of the hits? The defenceman in the Northwest are bigger then the ones in the SouthEast, and on the hit totals, in all the Southeast has played five more games then the Northwest, if game totals were even at 245 the hit totals would be.

5311 Southeast
5407 Northwest

so it would be cool if you didn't fabricate the stats.
And this is all because you don't think Enstrom could hold up in the NW division. I'm sure defensemen are really going to be hitting other defensemen quite often.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:27 PM
  #124
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
I'd move Hemsky for Kane
Atlanta wouldn't though.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:29 PM
  #125
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,429
vCash: 500
Was the Penner for Bogosian thing actually serious?

That must have been a joke

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.