HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Trade Deadline Thread (All General Deadline Talk/Proposals/Blog Rumors in here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2011, 04:12 PM
megashock5

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to megashock5
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMas1 View Post
Now I may be thinking of someone else, but didn't GMSH draft Voracek because of his ability to set-up others to score goals
Some of his set-ups have been fantastic recently, especially through traffic.

His pass to Calvert a couple games back was sick.

Old
01-24-2011, 04:30 PM
61ncville

OH Goodie, another trade rumor thread. I want:

Wiess from FLA and Gonchar from OTT. Oh and to get real stupid I want JBO from Calgary

Old
01-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

A general note to all posters:

Do not troll the thread. Do not spam the thread. Do not imply the thread is a waste of bandwidth. Put the thread on ignore and/or just don't post in it.

Old
01-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Xoggz22

I don't have access to the list but I wonder....is Sekera from Buffalo on the list of possible moves? For me, he's a great fit for Columbus and may not be too expensive to get. I haven't researched what Buffalo needs (probably more players like Sekera) but I would consider moving a young chip or two to get him.

I also like Edler's game but know that Vancouver wouldn't move him although they have a pretty good top 4 as it is right now so maybe he isn't as critical with their long term situation on defense.

I'm also on board with getting Weiss but we aren't trading Pahlsson for him (by this I mean Florida laughs) and we would need to move one of Pahlsson, Brass or Vermette to bring him in (unless you move Pahlsson to the 4th line with Vermette manning the third line)

Fun to dream and wish....

Old
01-24-2011, 06:38 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
I'm not torn at all. I believe Brassard is slowly getting better and better.
True, that's not saying a lot though.

Quote:
His assist on Nash's goal in St. Louis was a real flash of skill.
Good vision, but to be a top six center in the league it's one you need to make on a regular basis.

Old
01-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Doug19

Pitkanen

PITKANEN

Old
01-24-2011, 08:06 PM
CBJfan4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I don't have access to the list but I wonder....is Sekera from Buffalo on the list of possible moves? For me, he's a great fit for Columbus and may not be too expensive to get. I haven't researched what Buffalo needs (probably more players like Sekera) but I would consider moving a young chip or two to get him.

I also like Edler's game but know that Vancouver wouldn't move him although they have a pretty good top 4 as it is right now so maybe he isn't as critical with their long term situation on defense.

I'm also on board with getting Weiss but we aren't trading Pahlsson for him (by this I mean Florida laughs) and we would need to move one of Pahlsson, Brass or Vermette to bring him in (unless you move Pahlsson to the 4th line with Vermette manning the third line)

Fun to dream and wish....
Vermette could move to wing where he played alot in Ottawa. We could then shop Juice

Old
01-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Pitkanen

PITKANEN
OMG this!

Although Brent Burns would be godly.

Old
01-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Pitkanen

PITKANEN
Not happening. Corvo might be acquirable, but I doubt it. Carolina's busy trying to contend.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
01-24-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
OMG this!

Although Brent Burns would be godly.
Burns would be perfect. We can dream, right?

Old
01-24-2011, 08:49 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Pitkanen

PITKANEN
I'll take a pass on the Fabrege Egg.

And, why does a team that is closer to a playoff spot than we are with no one between them and 8th spot trade us a puckmoving defensemen? What exactly are we sending back?

Old
01-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I'll take a pass on the Fabrege Egg.

And, why does a team that is closer to a playoff spot than we are with no one between them and 8th spot trade us a puckmoving defensemen? What exactly are we sending back?
I don't know. Last year of his contract maybe they'd like to get value for him if he isn't going to resign. As far as what would we send back, I don't know there either. Klesla and something else, I don't know. It's not realistic to think we are going to trade for him regardless.

Old
01-24-2011, 09:49 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
I don't know. Last year of his contract maybe they'd like to get value for him if he isn't going to resign. As far as what would we send back, I don't know there either. Klesla and something else, I don't know. It's not realistic to think we are going to trade for him regardless.
Also, perhaps they don't want to make the same mistake that the Panthers made. Bouwmeester was in demand up to the deadline. But with the Panthers in the playoff race, they decided to keep him, even if he wasn't going to re sign with them. In the end, they tanked and missed the playoff and basically got nothing for him(Well they got a super late round draft pick for his rights before July 1st from Calgary I think).

As for the Vandermeer talk. No thanks, don't know why Columbus would want him. I'm still predicting Foster to Columbus though. Won't cost the Jackets that much. He has a extra year in his contract though for $2million ish or so. Could help bring offense from the back end. I would offer Stralman+pick for him. Stralman can finish off his year in Edmonton and if the Oilers don't want him, they can choose not to qualify him and let him become a UFA. Oilers free up cap for next year, have a extra roster spot and pick up a draft pick. Or would you guys rather keep Stralman and the pick over Foster. Blue Jackets can then let Stralman become a UFA.

Old
01-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
With the positive impact of Springfield players on our team I doubt any trades of any nature are in the works, and that includes trade deadline movements.

Howson has pulled several bunnies out of his hat recently-he might be a timid GM but he excels as a lucky one.

Old
01-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

10 losing seasons is excelling?

Old
01-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
10 losing seasons is excelling?
Howson hasn't been the GM for 10 seasons...

Old
01-24-2011, 10:53 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
With the positive impact of Springfield players on our team I doubt any trades of any nature are in the works, and that includes trade deadline movements.Howson has pulled several bunnies out of his hat recently-he might be a timid GM but he excels as a lucky one.
I'm with you Robert. I'm not convinced Howson will decide to make any deals. If the Jackets get back into contention, he will see it as validation of his stand pat strategy.

If they aren't then why would he need to make traders? He'll dump pending UFAs and move on to working with the Amateur Scouts on the draft.

Old
01-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Howson hasn't been the GM for 10 seasons...
I know that. I was saying as a whole.

Old
01-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
I'm with you Robert. I'm not convinced Howson will decide to make any deals. If the Jackets get back into contention, he will see it as validation of his stand pat strategy.

If they aren't then why would he need to make traders? He'll dump pending UFAs and move on to working with the Amateur Scouts on the draft.
I agree, he's going to stand pat and see if "something comes up". He's not going to be out looking for a deal...

Old
01-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
I agree, he's going to stand pat and see if "something comes up". He's not going to be out looking for a deal...
Howson? Stand pat? No....

Old
01-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Howson? Stand pat? No....
It wasn't hard to post that, I doubted few would call me out.. That said (here and above), I'm not happy with Mr. Priest or Mr. Howson, if for no other reason they are collecting pay checks for doing what most of us here could do-nothing.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:20 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
I can guarantee you he'd be looking... because if you don't look, nothing ever comes up. You have to talk to people to know what the opportunities are.

Maybe he's not calling all 29 other GMs every day and pestering 'em 'till they're sick of his voice, but that doesn't mean he's spending all his office time sitting at his desk waiting for the phone to ring. That's disingenuous.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
It wasn't hard to post that, I doubted few would call me out.. That said (here and above), I'm not happy with Mr. Priest or Mr. Howson, if for no other reason they are collecting pay checks for doing what most of us here could do-nothing.
When you serve as a GM of a pro sports team for any time whatsoever, I'll buy this statement from you. Until then, it's just slander.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
When you serve as a GM of a pro sports team for any time whatsoever, I'll buy this statement from you. Until then, it's just slander.
That's better than libel...

Old
01-25-2011, 12:57 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
With the positive impact of Springfield players on our team I doubt any trades of any nature are in the works, and that includes trade deadline movements.

Howson has pulled several bunnies out of his hat recently-he might be a timid GM but he excels as a lucky one.
IMo it shows that we have good players in the system only we must use them. And especially that we does need "big trades".

Closed Thread