HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Trade Deadline Thread (All General Deadline Talk/Proposals/Blog Rumors in here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2011, 04:12 PM
  #76
megashock5
Registered User
 
megashock5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Powell, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 978
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to megashock5
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMas1 View Post
Now I may be thinking of someone else, but didn't GMSH draft Voracek because of his ability to set-up others to score goals
Some of his set-ups have been fantastic recently, especially through traffic.

His pass to Calvert a couple games back was sick.

megashock5 is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 04:30 PM
  #77
61ncville
Registered User
 
61ncville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: c-ville
Country: United States
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
OH Goodie, another trade rumor thread. I want:

Wiess from FLA and Gonchar from OTT. Oh and to get real stupid I want JBO from Calgary

61ncville is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 05:25 PM
  #78
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,517
vCash: 500
A general note to all posters:

Do not troll the thread. Do not spam the thread. Do not imply the thread is a waste of bandwidth. Put the thread on ignore and/or just don't post in it.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 06:00 PM
  #79
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,395
vCash: 500
I don't have access to the list but I wonder....is Sekera from Buffalo on the list of possible moves? For me, he's a great fit for Columbus and may not be too expensive to get. I haven't researched what Buffalo needs (probably more players like Sekera) but I would consider moving a young chip or two to get him.

I also like Edler's game but know that Vancouver wouldn't move him although they have a pretty good top 4 as it is right now so maybe he isn't as critical with their long term situation on defense.

I'm also on board with getting Weiss but we aren't trading Pahlsson for him (by this I mean Florida laughs) and we would need to move one of Pahlsson, Brass or Vermette to bring him in (unless you move Pahlsson to the 4th line with Vermette manning the third line)

Fun to dream and wish....

Xoggz22 is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 06:38 PM
  #80
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 17,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
I'm not torn at all. I believe Brassard is slowly getting better and better.
True, that's not saying a lot though.

Quote:
His assist on Nash's goal in St. Louis was a real flash of skill.
Good vision, but to be a top six center in the league it's one you need to make on a regular basis.

blahblah is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 07:51 PM
  #81
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,187
vCash: 500
Pitkanen




PITKANEN

Doug19 is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 08:06 PM
  #82
CBJfan4evr
Registered User
 
CBJfan4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Albany
Country: United States
Posts: 628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I don't have access to the list but I wonder....is Sekera from Buffalo on the list of possible moves? For me, he's a great fit for Columbus and may not be too expensive to get. I haven't researched what Buffalo needs (probably more players like Sekera) but I would consider moving a young chip or two to get him.

I also like Edler's game but know that Vancouver wouldn't move him although they have a pretty good top 4 as it is right now so maybe he isn't as critical with their long term situation on defense.

I'm also on board with getting Weiss but we aren't trading Pahlsson for him (by this I mean Florida laughs) and we would need to move one of Pahlsson, Brass or Vermette to bring him in (unless you move Pahlsson to the 4th line with Vermette manning the third line)

Fun to dream and wish....
Vermette could move to wing where he played alot in Ottawa. We could then shop Juice

CBJfan4evr is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 08:08 PM
  #83
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 8,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Pitkanen




PITKANEN
OMG this!

Although Brent Burns would be godly.

Crede777 is online now  
Old
01-24-2011, 08:12 PM
  #84
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,558
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Pitkanen




PITKANEN
Not happening. Corvo might be acquirable, but I doubt it. Carolina's busy trying to contend.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 08:44 PM
  #85
3074326
Registered User
 
3074326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
OMG this!

Although Brent Burns would be godly.
Burns would be perfect. We can dream, right?

3074326 is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 08:49 PM
  #86
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Pitkanen




PITKANEN
I'll take a pass on the Fabrege Egg.

And, why does a team that is closer to a playoff spot than we are with no one between them and 8th spot trade us a puckmoving defensemen? What exactly are we sending back?

CapnCornelius is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 09:34 PM
  #87
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I'll take a pass on the Fabrege Egg.

And, why does a team that is closer to a playoff spot than we are with no one between them and 8th spot trade us a puckmoving defensemen? What exactly are we sending back?
I don't know. Last year of his contract maybe they'd like to get value for him if he isn't going to resign. As far as what would we send back, I don't know there either. Klesla and something else, I don't know. It's not realistic to think we are going to trade for him regardless.

Doug19 is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 09:49 PM
  #88
punk_o_holic
 
punk_o_holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N. Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Japan
Posts: 7,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
I don't know. Last year of his contract maybe they'd like to get value for him if he isn't going to resign. As far as what would we send back, I don't know there either. Klesla and something else, I don't know. It's not realistic to think we are going to trade for him regardless.
Also, perhaps they don't want to make the same mistake that the Panthers made. Bouwmeester was in demand up to the deadline. But with the Panthers in the playoff race, they decided to keep him, even if he wasn't going to re sign with them. In the end, they tanked and missed the playoff and basically got nothing for him(Well they got a super late round draft pick for his rights before July 1st from Calgary I think).


As for the Vandermeer talk. No thanks, don't know why Columbus would want him. I'm still predicting Foster to Columbus though. Won't cost the Jackets that much. He has a extra year in his contract though for $2million ish or so. Could help bring offense from the back end. I would offer Stralman+pick for him. Stralman can finish off his year in Edmonton and if the Oilers don't want him, they can choose not to qualify him and let him become a UFA. Oilers free up cap for next year, have a extra roster spot and pick up a draft pick. Or would you guys rather keep Stralman and the pick over Foster. Blue Jackets can then let Stralman become a UFA.

punk_o_holic is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 09:53 PM
  #89
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,844
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
With the positive impact of Springfield players on our team I doubt any trades of any nature are in the works, and that includes trade deadline movements.

Howson has pulled several bunnies out of his hat recently-he might be a timid GM but he excels as a lucky one.

Robert is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 10:31 PM
  #90
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,067
vCash: 500
10 losing seasons is excelling?

Gagnefan924 is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 10:42 PM
  #91
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 8,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
10 losing seasons is excelling?
Howson hasn't been the GM for 10 seasons...

Crede777 is online now  
Old
01-24-2011, 10:53 PM
  #92
TaketheCannoli
RIP
 
TaketheCannoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 8,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
With the positive impact of Springfield players on our team I doubt any trades of any nature are in the works, and that includes trade deadline movements.Howson has pulled several bunnies out of his hat recently-he might be a timid GM but he excels as a lucky one.
I'm with you Robert. I'm not convinced Howson will decide to make any deals. If the Jackets get back into contention, he will see it as validation of his stand pat strategy.

If they aren't then why would he need to make traders? He'll dump pending UFAs and move on to working with the Amateur Scouts on the draft.

TaketheCannoli is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 10:54 PM
  #93
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Howson hasn't been the GM for 10 seasons...
I know that. I was saying as a whole.

Gagnefan924 is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 10:55 PM
  #94
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
I'm with you Robert. I'm not convinced Howson will decide to make any deals. If the Jackets get back into contention, he will see it as validation of his stand pat strategy.

If they aren't then why would he need to make traders? He'll dump pending UFAs and move on to working with the Amateur Scouts on the draft.
I agree, he's going to stand pat and see if "something comes up". He's not going to be out looking for a deal...

Gagnefan924 is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 10:57 PM
  #95
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 8,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
I agree, he's going to stand pat and see if "something comes up". He's not going to be out looking for a deal...
Howson? Stand pat? No....

Crede777 is online now  
Old
01-24-2011, 11:11 PM
  #96
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,844
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Howson? Stand pat? No....
It wasn't hard to post that, I doubted few would call me out.. That said (here and above), I'm not happy with Mr. Priest or Mr. Howson, if for no other reason they are collecting pay checks for doing what most of us here could do-nothing.

Robert is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 11:20 PM
  #97
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,558
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
I agree, he's going to stand pat and see if "something comes up". He's not going to be out looking for a deal...
I can guarantee you he'd be looking... because if you don't look, nothing ever comes up. You have to talk to people to know what the opportunities are.

Maybe he's not calling all 29 other GMs every day and pestering 'em 'till they're sick of his voice, but that doesn't mean he's spending all his office time sitting at his desk waiting for the phone to ring. That's disingenuous.

Viqsi is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 11:21 PM
  #98
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,558
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
It wasn't hard to post that, I doubted few would call me out.. That said (here and above), I'm not happy with Mr. Priest or Mr. Howson, if for no other reason they are collecting pay checks for doing what most of us here could do-nothing.
When you serve as a GM of a pro sports team for any time whatsoever, I'll buy this statement from you. Until then, it's just slander.

Viqsi is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 11:32 PM
  #99
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,844
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
When you serve as a GM of a pro sports team for any time whatsoever, I'll buy this statement from you. Until then, it's just slander.
That's better than libel...

Robert is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 12:57 AM
  #100
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
With the positive impact of Springfield players on our team I doubt any trades of any nature are in the works, and that includes trade deadline movements.

Howson has pulled several bunnies out of his hat recently-he might be a timid GM but he excels as a lucky one.
IMo it shows that we have good players in the system only we must use them. And especially that we does need "big trades".

mt-svk is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.