HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eklund: Rangers-Canucks

Old
01-24-2011, 03:26 PM
You 'Orns!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
If I were Salo, with his injury problems, and I were traded to the Rangers, with our injury problems, I'd start writing a will.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
If I were Salo, with his injury problems, and I were traded to the Rangers, with our injury problems, I'd start writing a will.
God has been trying to kill Sami Salo for many years and has failed. Sami Salo will not die.

Canucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:38 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
God has been trying to kill Sami Salo for many years and has failed. Sami Salo will not die.
if we get him, this has the makings of a theme for a series of user Avatars.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

I'd keep this team the way it is. I like the look of the team when they're all healthy.

I have a lot of confidence in this team.

Only thing I would change is the power play, but I guess we'd have to take the good with the bad.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:41 PM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=350813

I'd rather be patient and go for Weiss or Olesz. Maybe even Hemsky if he is available. Then grab a cheap vet defenseman or a solid one with an expiring contract.
Weiss yes, Olesz no. Olesz sucks

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:48 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Who are the players Ek?

FROM NYR
Drury? Where to start? Being nice I guess...No cap space in Van
Gaborik? Nope
Wolski? Really doubt it - we just got him...He´s been good too
Frolov? No...done in NHL?
Cally? Never...
Avery? Ehm... the only realistic possibility but cap hit is 4 Million?
Dubi? See Dubi
Prospal? Unfortunately - see Wraparounds
Boogey? Fat chance
Feds? Possible...

So basically the only 2 - or 3 realistic alternatives would be Avery, Fedotenk or Wolski going to Vancouver.

What d + f combo could we then be getting back Mr Ek?

For Avery (4 m CAP HIT)
Torres + Bieksa/Salo

For Wolski
See Avery - replace Torres with Samuelsson - but not happening

For Feds
Tanner + Alberts

None of these are going to happen
Debunked this rumor...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:06 PM
ecemleafs

probably drury for kesler straight up

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:24 PM
TigerJack

Zuccarello to join Canucks to unite with the ex Modo´s Sedin brothers. A complete Modo-line; Zucca with the Sedins - at least he will get all the assists he deserves with his magical passes that the Rangers have trouble puttint into the net. Kesler the other way

Last edited by TigerJack: 01-24-2011 at 04:29 PM.
TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 08:02 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Am I wrong in thinking that I'd rather have it be us getting one and giving up two players? Seems like I'd rather give quantity and gain quality not the other way around.
It worked out when Prust was a throw in... not a 2 for 1 example but you never know how all of the components will pan out.

"Bigger" forward? I can see it being Wolski. When everyone comes back, we might not have room for another inconsistent forward. Sather has dealt guys quickly after acquiring them in the past, Dupuis comes to mind. I really don't know enough about Vancouver to even speculate who could be in the deal, but how weird would it be if it was Malhotra and Samuelson.

My hope beyond hope is that it centers around Gaborik for Edler with an solid forward coming back.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 08:07 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
It worked out when Prust was a throw in... not a 2 for 1 example but you never know how all of the components will pan out.

"Bigger" forward? I can see it being Wolski. When everyone comes back, we might not have room for another inconsistent forward. Sather has dealt guys quickly after acquiring them in the past, Dupuis comes to mind. I really don't know enough about Vancouver to even speculate who could be in the deal, but how weird would it be if it was Malhotra and Samuelson.

My hope beyond hope is that it centers around Gaborik for Edler with an solid forward coming back.
Your kidding right. For one Wolski has certainly been anything but inconsistent. The guy actually adds some offensive talent to the team. And he's only 24 years old. He isnt going anywhere. He fits in nice here.

And please dont compare Wolski to Dupuis. The talent and ability that Wolski has is far and above what Dupuis had.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 08:42 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Your kidding right. For one Wolski has certainly been anything but inconsistent. The guy actually adds some offensive talent to the team. And he's only 24 years old. He isnt going anywhere. He fits in nice here.

And please dont compare Wolski to Dupuis. The talent and ability that Wolski has is far and above what Dupuis had.
You need to actually read. He has had anything but a consistent career. If you want to look at 10 games and declare him a solid, hard working and consistent player, then go ahead. And besides that, I'm not advocating trading him. Me posting his name doesn't tilt the scales in his favor of being traded, I'm just trying to connect some dots that Eklund threw out there.

Where did I say Wolski is like Dupuis? And to have such disgust shows how little you know anyway. But for the record, I mentioned Dupuis because he was traded for by Sather, played well, and was moved before he even played double digit games for us. I was just trying to show some history and that it isn't unheard of.

Old
01-24-2011, 09:26 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
You need to actually read. He has had anything but a consistent career. If you want to look at 10 games and declare him a solid, hard working and consistent player, then go ahead. And besides that, I'm not advocating trading him. Me posting his name doesn't tilt the scales in his favor of being traded, I'm just trying to connect some dots that Eklund threw out there.

Where did I say Wolski is like Dupuis? And to have such disgust shows how little you know anyway. But for the record, I mentioned Dupuis because he was traded for by Sather, played well, and was moved before he even played double digit games for us. I was just trying to show some history and that it isn't unheard of.
I did read. You called him inconsistent. He has put up pretty good stats in his career. When the trade was made many said that maybe the change of scenery would help him. Yeah its been 10 games but it certainly seem like he enjoys playing for New York. He has been very helpful and productive. He helped us win in the shootout tonight. Why would we trade him? Because people feel he has been an inconsistent player in his PAST? I'm only concerned about the present and presently he has been a blessing for this team because we'd be even in worse shape without him.

And no you didnt compare him to Dupuis but you made the connection that Sather has acquired a player and then traded them shortly after. He really only did that with Dupuis. However, Dupuis is not half the player that Wolski is. And I dont know what hockey you were watching but Dupuis did absolutely nothing while he was here. He added good speed and thats about it. He had no finishing ability here. Thats why he was traded. Wolski is producing, sather isnt going to trade him. Eklund makes up all this garbage. The Canucks aren't dealing "solid" players off their roster when they are 2nd in the league in points. And sather certainly isnt stupid when it comes to trades.

Oh and by the way...Wolski has only been here 8 games. He has 6 points in those 8 games. Not 10 games.
Dupuis was here 6 games...had just 1 goal, just 10 shots, and was a -4 player.

I think theres a difference.

Old
01-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Anyone for Drury

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:31 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoliathNYR View Post
Anyone for Drury
At this point, you've gotta buy out Drury. Can't even send him to the Whale with his NMC. Maybe make him a healthy scratch until he waives his NTC.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 12:25 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
And no you didnt compare him to Dupuis but you made the connection that Sather has acquired a player and then traded them shortly after. He really only did that with Dupuis. However, Dupuis is not half the player that Wolski is. And I dont know what hockey you were watching but Dupuis did absolutely nothing while he was here. He added good speed and thats about it. He had no finishing ability here. Thats why he was traded. Wolski is producing, sather isnt going to trade him. Eklund makes up all this garbage. The Canucks aren't dealing "solid" players off their roster when they are 2nd in the league in points. And sather certainly isnt stupid when it comes to trades.

Oh and by the way...Wolski has only been here 8 games. He has 6 points in those 8 games. Not 10 games.
Dupuis was here 6 games...had just 1 goal, just 10 shots, and was a -4 player.

I think theres a difference.
I guess goal scoring is the only important thing in hockey. Scratch that, it's the only thing. Dupuis blows, Wolski is a phenom, I stand corrected.

Old
01-25-2011, 12:29 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
I guess goal scoring is the only important thing in hockey. Scratch that, it's the only thing. Dupuis blows, Wolski is a phenom, I stand corrected.
You can be sarcastic all you want.

The fact is this team has had trouble finding consistent scoring from someone. It is also a team that has sustained a lot of injuries, more than most organizations have to endure over a course of a couple of seasons. Wolski has been pretty damn good for us. There is no reason to deal him.

And it wasnt just the fact that dupuis didnt score...he really didnt do anything else either. If he was doing other things they wouldve kept him because he wasnt costly to keep around. He was pretty much invisible out there.

Old
01-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:

I know it's worked in the past... my point being that in our current situation we have way too many guys who are good to awesome 2nd/3rd liners... and no top 3 guys (save Gaborik).

That's all I was saying... not that those types of trades don't work out.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 01:02 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
At this point, you've gotta buy out Drury. Can't even send him to the Whale with his NMC. Maybe make him a healthy scratch until he waives his NTC.

Anyone wanna place odds on him just deciding to retire at the end of the season?

He can't be happy with 4 assists, 0 goals, in 20 games while getting 9 minutes a night...

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Rodent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Drury should wave. It's a real chance to win the SC for him. Makes Lundquist a C.
I think not.

14.D No playing Coach or playing Manager or goalkeeper shall be permitted to act as Captain or Alternate Captain.

Rodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 01:22 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
Anyone wanna place odds on him just deciding to retire at the end of the season?

He can't be happy with 4 assists, 0 goals, in 20 games while getting 9 minutes a night...
That would be great, take after Naslund and just retire already.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent View Post
I think not.

14.D No playing Coach or playing Manager or goalkeeper shall be permitted to act as Captain or Alternate Captain.
Luongo was the "captain" of the Canucks, he had no C on his jersey but one on his mask.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote