HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pouliot as a PP QB

Old
01-24-2011, 09:07 PM
habsjunkie2*

vCash: 500
I don't know, but you gotta find a way to get him pp time. Him and AK should be given some time. If after 5-10 games they don't produce. Bring it back to the way it is now, two of our top 5 forwards at ES don't get any PP time. It's confusing to say the least.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 09:25 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
no way. he has beautiful hands in front and can roof it from the door step. this guy, when he gets PP time, should park himself in the slot
+1

Pouliot, just like Cammy, should not be on the point but high slot and put the loose pucks top shelf.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:42 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik352 View Post
Jeez calm down with all these Pouliot thread... the guy has a 102 mph shot and everybody is going crazy about it and think he can be a PP QB and bla bla... Weber hit two shots at 99 mph and nobody is talking about it and he is a young defenseman known for his good offensive abilities... but because pouliot got 2 more Mph all the hype goes to him...Wiz got 98, Subban too, **** even Spacek got 98...we already have 3 defenseman who can hit nearly as hard as Pouliot and who all have a better vision as a PP QB than him all that because of 2 Mph
hi, welcome to the habs board. hope you enjoy your stay

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:06 PM
MrExpos

Yeah, 'cause the only criteria for playing the point on the PP is to have to most powerful slap shot on the team. I forgot you can't use your shot when you're not playing the point.

What makes Wisniewski dangerous on the point is that he knows when and where to shoot, not because he can split the puck in two like that kid in US College.

MrExpos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Pandemic

IMO, if he's going to be on the PP at all, he needs to park his ass right in the slot and get in the goalies face. He's awesome at tipping pucks.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 07:23 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
Should we try him on the point during the pp?

He has the shot of 102, why bother playing him with pacioretty? I would play him on the point > eller and pacioretty. Crazy to think some people thought this guy was a bust, and here I am saying we should pouliot on the point.
Having a hard shot has little to do with being a PP QB. Markov is one of the best in the NHL and his shot is more accurate than hard. Pouliot is simply not responsible enough with the puck to trust at the points, our SHG would shoot up.

Why is it crazy that some consider him a bust? I personally don't but I can see where some people would, bottom line, so far he hasn't played like a #4 overall pick and has holes in his game.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote